Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pissed off !!

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Great away day yesterday with a great performance and a fitting tribute to Sala. But what about Matty Brazier ? Yeah many fans there the younger ones have never heard of him but the club has done nothing to pay there respects to him. Yesterday’s minute silence should of beeen for Sala and Brazier. Before kick off in the pub we was getting a chant going for Matty. We tried during the match but couldn’t get it to catch on with many just looking at us in confusion to who he was.
On the train on the way home our carriage was singing ohh Matty Matty.
RIP MATTY BRAZIER and it’s a disgrace the club hasn’t recognised his passing.

Re: Pissed off !!

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:31 pm

Agree with the point you’re making.

I hope the club do some sort of tribute for Brazier at our next home game.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Well said Nukes. RIP Matt.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 pm

whilst there as been a lack of recognition over matty's death there is not normally notice at away grounds unless person is tied in with fa EG bobby robson ect or player played for both clubs, hopefully he will get full tribute against watford. :thumbup:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:01 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Great away day yesterday with a great performance and a fitting tribute to Sala. But what about Matty Brazier ? Yeah many fans there the younger ones have never heard of him but the club has done nothing to pay there respects to him. Yesterday’s minute silence should of beeen for Sala and Brazier. Before kick off in the pub we was getting a chant going for Matty. We tried during the match but couldn’t get it to catch on with many just looking at us in confusion to who he was.
On the train on the way home our carriage was singing ohh Matty Matty.
RIP MATTY BRAZIER and it’s a disgrace the club hasn’t recognised his passing.

I do agree but its not the 1st time, still pissed at how little respect was shown when Jimmy Andrews died. managed us for 4 and a half years winning a very enjoyable promotion in that now iconic strip with the white and yellow stripes.

are those now running the club { who were not around } to blame or those giving shit advice ?

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:04 am

pembroke allan wrote:whilst there as been a lack of recognition over matty's death there is not normally notice at away grounds unless person is tied in with fa EG bobby robson ect or player played for both clubs, hopefully he will get full tribute against watford. :thumbup:

That’s a good point. Surely there will be a show of respect for Matt at our next home game. I always enjoyed watching him as he looked pretty talented at the level we were at back then.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:15 pm

Id imagine something would be said at the next home game. The club did release a statement on it previously.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Don't think much was made of the passing of Ron Healey recently or Paul Went. Botham were huge iconic figures in the Jimmy Andrews era.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Didn’t know Ron Healey died, or Paul Went. His debut was my second ever match. Ron Healey was a legend at the club.

Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 am

rumpo kid wrote:Didn’t know Ron Healey died, or Paul Went. His debut was my second ever match. Ron Healey was a legend at the club.

Exactly a disgrace really.