Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FA CUP BREAK NEXT WEEK A HELP OR HINDRANCE

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:24 pm

Such a pity imo this is going to stop our winning run now and our momentum, with no big scale injuries list either,in the championship last season playing 2 games a week we built up a momentum and it seemed to work in our favour.

Re: FA CUP BREAK NEXT WEEK A HELP OR HINDRANCE

Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:27 pm

montyblue wrote:Such a pity imo this is going to stop our winning run now and our momentum, with no big scale injuries list either,in the championship last season playing 2 games a week we built up a momentum and it seemed to work in our favour.

I think it’s a help, means they all get to recover and deal with things off the pitch, players such as Camarasa can get back to full fitness and give NW a selection headache, only player we’ll be missing then is Morrison who won’t be far off returning

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Got tbh I think it might be a hinderance. We've just started getting some momentum with players on form with hardly any injuries and 2 home games up next and now we have to stop and there's always a fear that when you haven't played for 2 weeks you get a bit rusty and takes some time to get that momentum back.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 pm

It’s a good thing.

We’ve put a lot into the last three games and the team will need the break.

Won’t change momentum, our next game is still our next game.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Got tbh I think it might be a hinderance. We've just started getting some momentum with players on form with hardly any injuries and 2 home games up next and now we have to stop and there's always a fear that when you haven't played for 2 weeks you get a bit rusty and takes some time to get that momentum back.

Agree with you - We are playing well with others around us dropping points ...But let's hope the momentum comes back .

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:29 pm

montyblue wrote:Such a pity imo this is going to stop our winning run now and our momentum, with no big scale injuries list either,in the championship last season playing 2 games a week we built up a momentum and it seemed to work in our favour.

At this particular time, I see it as a help :thumbright:

The club, management, players and supporters have had a tough few weeks and the break might do everyone (except the mischief-makers) some good before we take a deep breath and head into the final part of a crazy season!

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

I think the management could do with it off.

Playing wise I think they would probably love another game asap. Although quite a few are off to Dubai so doubt they are to concerned.