Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Pundits - Oh so fickle.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm

I must admit no matter what happens to us at the end of the season all the pundits, main stream tv, sky, radio, even the ones with there own columns do make me laugh.

At the start of the season every single one of them wrote us off as definite for relegation, with some predicting lowest ever tally of points, some saying our manager can’t handle it tactically in the premier, others saying we have a mid table championship squad at best.

Every single one of them are now saying we have a chance of staying up and admire our team spirit and the way Warnock gets the best out of our squad tactically - all turning thier opinions around so they don’t get egg on thier faces come the end of the season.

Oh they do make me laugh ! Fickle fu##ers

And god forbid we do go down they will all revert back to the beginning of the season and say “I told you so”

COME ON BLUEBIRDS LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND HELP SHUT THE DOUBTERS UP !

#stayupforsala

Re: Pundits - Oh so fickle.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:18 pm

They are paid for their (occasionally controversial) opinions to sell newspapers and being honest, how many of our own following truly gave us a more than 'small chance' of survival this season? :?

The important thing here is that the club, manager and players have done enough to change those opinions and that is to their credit :thumbright:

Cardiff City supporters (with one or two exceptions) have been a huge part of this improving season, too! :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm

They are in no way more fickle than our general support after a win or loss to be fair

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Possible we may get relegated. Then the call is correct. Fickle means unpredictable, which is what they weren’t. In fact, they were wholly predictable.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 pm

BarryWelsh88 wrote:They are in no way more fickle than our general support after a win or loss to be fair

Agree.

Be thankful they are giving us the credit we deserve.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 pm

most punditry is just week to week chatter. tomorrows fish and chip paper. their opinions change like the wind.

it's nothing personal, it's just that with wall to wall coverage, they aren't in a position to take a rounded, long term view. in the world of pay TV, every game is life and death. look at how quickly an up and coming manager is consigned to the scrap heap after a bad season.

as someone above says fans are much worse in this respect, but they are always entitled to their opinion, despite having never played the game at professional level.