Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NW retiring question?

Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Go on Neil. Enjoy your retirement. The only two trying to bring the fans and club together was Warnock and Solskjaer. Solskjaer was ahead of his time, and Warnock managed rebuild where Slade almost managed to lose all football fans. Brilliant work by Warnock, and with Vinchentos hands tied, the only way was up. If we go down or stay up, I think it's time. And a great opportunity for the club to adapt to the modern game.

For all the flack Slade gets and i wasnt a Slade fan, he effectively had to come in and sort the mess that OGS had created with 40 players on the books, a wage bill which was through the roof, unfit players and was one of the only managers that tried to get us to go back to blue. OGS set us back 3 years which we've only just come through the other side when Warnock came in. Even though Slade's football was abysmal to watch he kept us competitive whilst cutting the wage bill that OGS had sent through the roof.

should write a book.
the fictional adventures of Russel Slade. forget the reality and facts.

could have a paragraph each for all the clubs he has stabilised , emptied their grounds and got sacked from .

be a bit like war and peace .

I don’t think there’s much wrong with that.

Slade had to let a lot of players go and still allowed us to be competitive. Not sure why he’s getting so much hate.

40 players ?

wage bill through the roof when it actually reduced during his time here ?

not much..all of it..

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Scandinavianbluebird wrote:Go on Neil. Enjoy your retirement. The only two trying to bring the fans and club together was Warnock and Solskjaer. Solskjaer was ahead of his time, and Warnock managed rebuild where Slade almost managed to lose all football fans. Brilliant work by Warnock, and with Vinchentos hands tied, the only way was up. If we go down or stay up, I think it's time. And a great opportunity for the club to adapt to the modern game.

For all the flack Slade gets and i wasnt a Slade fan, he effectively had to come in and sort the mess that OGS had created with 40 players on the books, a wage bill which was through the roof, unfit players and was one of the only managers that tried to get us to go back to blue. OGS set us back 3 years which we've only just come through the other side when Warnock came in. Even though Slade's football was abysmal to watch he kept us competitive whilst cutting the wage bill that OGS had sent through the roof.

The only two things you managed to get right was Slade’s fotball Was abysmal and Neil Warnock coming in and getting it right. As for the wage bill, it was actually reduced when Ole was here. But you can’t give him credit for that. Wage structure wasn’t his job. We still have 40 players on our books.. And so we should.

Yeah OGS was amazing wasnt he :roll: so good we had to pay his players to leave. And we have around 26 players at the club right now with the others out on loan. OGS had 40 players at the club, im sure half of them didnt meet each other till October followed by the fact he changed his team every week, sold the spine of the team and decided playing Adam le Fondre on the wing was a tactical masterclass :lol: Slade came in at a difficult time reduced the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive, he did the job he was brought in to do and mop up the mess OGS and to an extent Malky had left us in. But i do agree the football was shocking :lol: and i was glad when he finally left. Who knows though, if we'd bypassed Slade and Trollope we could have been in the prem eariler.

why say things you know are incorrect. the numbers are well known .

half of them still haven't met, they didn't exist other in your mind.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

should write a book.

could have a paragraph each for all the clubs he has stabilised , emptied their grounds and got sacked from .

Slade had to let a lot of players go and still allowed us to be competitive. Not sure why he’s getting so much hate.

40 players ?

not much..all of it..

OGS signed lots of players. When slade took over we had a lot of players. OGS treated it like Football Manager and bought so many players. Hence the increases wage bill. They were on decent money for the championship. Morrison, Le Fondre, Manga, Pilks, Fabio, Digkachoi, Burgstaller, Guerra and Macheda and the Norwegians amongst others.

A lot of those were sent on their way after proving incapable of having the fitness or ability required for the championship.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

The only two things you managed to get right was Slade’s fotball Was abysmal and Neil Warnock coming in and getting it right. As for the wage bill, it was actually reduced when Ole was here. But you can’t give him credit for that. Wage structure wasn’t his job. We still have 40 players on our books.. And so we should.

Yeah OGS was amazing wasnt he :roll: so good we had to pay his players to leave. And we have around 26 players at the club right now with the others out on loan. OGS had 40 players at the club, im sure half of them didnt meet each other till October followed by the fact he changed his team every week, sold the spine of the team and decided playing Adam le Fondre on the wing was a tactical masterclass :lol: Slade came in at a difficult time reduced the wage bill whilst keeping us competitive, he did the job he was brought in to do and mop up the mess OGS and to an extent Malky had left us in. But i do agree the football was shocking :lol: and i was glad when he finally left. Who knows though, if we'd bypassed Slade and Trollope we could have been in the prem eariler.

This is our squad that year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cardiff ... on_id/2014

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

should write a book.

40 players ?

not much..all of it..

OGS signed lots of players. When slade took over we had a lot of players. OGS treated it like Football Manager and bought so many players. Hence the increases wage bill. They were on decent money for the championship. Morrison, Le Fondre, Manga, Pilks, Fabio, Digkachoi, Burgstaller, Guerra and Macheda and the Norwegians amongst others.

A lot of those were sent on their way after proving incapable of having the fitness or ability required for the championship.

Seriously Maccy :lol: :lol: He replaced players. The wage structure was already at the club, Ole had nothing to do with that. If they where incapable or not, we will never know, as he didn't get to develop what he found in them. At least the one he signed. And the Norwegians what? Are you drunk? They came as cheap as can come. Players signed for the development team. I know a lot of you numb nuts like to use it as an argument, but seriously. Have some pride knowing the club.. And Berget dipped into his own savings getting the hell out of here when Slade arrived.. Get real. or stop posting :laughing5:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

maccydee wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

This is our squad that year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cardiff ... on_id/2014

Why do you combine Oles signing and Slades? Is Ole getting stick for Slades signings also? :laughing6: And regarding fitness.. Come on mate. That was a theory launched by Slade, using running stats in matches, while we where playing possession style football. Berget had one of the highest running stats in Europe, all leagues the next year. Was that down to Slade to? :occasion5: :laughing5:

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

just counted that link macca. 26 first team players from Ole. Rest was under 23 or Slade signings. A lot of them left the club under Ole to. My god what an embarrassment of a myth..