Ronaldo - machine

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ronaldo - machine

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 pm

Just watched Juventus come back from a 2-0 deficit to win 3-0. Brilliant game with another hat-trick from Ronaldo.
Best ever for me.

Most CL goals
Most CL home goals
Most CL away goals
Most CL group stage goals
Most CL knock out goals
Most CL final goals
Most CL free kicks
Most CL penalties
Most CL headers
Most CL braces
Most CL hat-tricks
Most CL assists
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Ronaldo - machine

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ronaldo - machine

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:28 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Just watched Juventus come back from a 2-0 deficit to win 3-0. Brilliant game with another hat-trick from Ronaldo.
Best ever for me.

Most CL goals
Most CL home goals
Most CL away goals
Most CL group stage goals
Most CL knock out goals
Most CL final goals
Most CL free kicks
Most CL penalties
Most CL headers
Most CL braces
Most CL hat-tricks
Most CL assists

Yet looking on FB, in particular the Unbelievable Jeff pages the Messi is better than Ronaldo argument still continues.... think this just ultimately settles it once and for all
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Remember being at school and we went on a school trip to watch United play Lille in the Champions League at Old Trafford.

Wasn’t a spectacular match, remember very little now apart from Ronaldo playing and Henrik Larsson scoring the winner.

Also saw him play in the Super Cup when it was at CCS.

Both times I remember being mesmerised by Ronaldo. Outstanding athlete.

Probably biased for those reasons, but he’s the greatest ever for me.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby snoopystorm » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Remember being at school and we went on a school trip to watch United play Lille in the Champions League at Old Trafford.

Wasn’t a spectacular match, remember very little now apart from Ronaldo playing and Henrik Larsson scoring the winner.

Had tickets brought for me a fair few years ago for one of my birthdays for OT, took my brother with me (a villa fan) and he stood there completely gobsmacked with Ronaldo, seeing him live is mind blowing, you don’t appreciate the touches and movement on the bloke when watching him on tv
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Marto » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 pm

Ultimate athlete, best player this world has ever seen. Full stop..(disclaimer I'm only 47 years old) :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Marto

Postby phildavies » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Ridiculously good player but best ever always does a massive disevice to players who came long before him and achieved more in the game Pele being the obvious example and also a very overlooked player when it comes to this arguement in Puskas.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:41 am

snoopystorm wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Remember being at school and we went on a school trip to watch United play Lille in the Champions League at Old Trafford.

Had tickets brought for me a fair few years ago for one of my birthdays for OT, took my brother with me (a villa fan) and he stood there completely gobsmacked with Ronaldo, seeing him live is mind blowing, you don’t appreciate the touches and movement on the bloke when watching him on tv

Absolutely spot on :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Alan_in_China » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:59 am

phildavies wrote:Ridiculously good player but best ever always does a massive disevice to players who came long before him and achieved more in the game Pele being the obvious example and also a very overlooked player when it comes to this arguement in Puskas.

I'm old enough to remember Pele, however, whenever any archive of Pele is shown, it is invariably his missed goals that we get to see.
Puskas was very good, as was Di Stefano, but none of them as good as Ronaldo.
Alan_in_China

Postby phildavies » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Alan_in_China wrote:
phildavies wrote:Ridiculously good player but best ever always does a massive disevice to players who came long before him and achieved more in the game Pele being the obvious example and also a very overlooked player when it comes to this arguement in Puskas.

I'm old enough to remember Pele, however, whenever any archive of Pele is shown, it is invariably his missed goals that we get to see.
Puskas was very good, as was Di Stefano, but none of them as good as Ronaldo.

But both acived more in the game than Reinaldo has. Basically it’s an impossible arguement.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:53 pm

been lucky to see both Ronalda and Messi live - two of the greatest to ever play the game.

dont really like getting drawn into the debate between them, think we should just appreciate them both.
paulh_85

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:been lucky to see both Ronalda and Messi live - two of the greatest to ever play the game.

dont really like getting drawn into the debate between them, think we should just appreciate them both.

Pauls right here...

I'm a huge Messi fan and not a great lover of Ronaldo due to his diving & moaning antics.

However, These are two of the greatest footballers to ever play the game and both will be gone soon enough.

Appreciate them both whilst we can I say.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:been lucky to see both Ronalda and Messi live - two of the greatest to ever play the game.

Totally agree, I read some of the nonsense on facebook of fans of each trying to trash the other. :roll:

Personally I like Ronaldo but Messi is equally as brilliant. I will be interested to see if Messi will be at the level of Ronaldo in 3 years time (Ronaldos age now)
2blue2handle

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Totally agree, I read some of the nonsense on facebook of fans of each trying to trash the other. :roll:

Personally I like Ronaldo but Messi is equally as brilliant. I will be interested to see if Messi will be at the level of Ronaldo in 3 years time (Ronaldos age now)

Again, I agree, two brilliant players. I’ve been lucky enough to see both players at the Nou Camp and the Bernabeu.

For me Messi is in more of a comfort zone at Barca whilst Ronaldo has pushed himself, tested himself and won virtually everything in the three top leagues in the world.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby thomasblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:59 pm

I dont really like the guys attitude but he is by far the best attacking player to ever play the game.

No contest even with the "you never watched Pele or Best brigade"

He is absolutely unbelievable and we are very lucky to be around to watch him play live.

Messi is the best Technical player o have seen but for the overall game Ronaldo wins it hands down.
thomasblue

Postby Sir » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm

it's obviously between him and messi for the best player ever. they've raised the bar of what we thought was possible.

he just rips apart most teams he comes up against. goal machine. averaged a goal a game in the last 10 years. most players can keep that going a season or two, before tailing off. the sort of consistency he has had over a decade is just mind boggling, at the level he plays, that includes champions league.
Sir

Return to General Chat