Time for a change

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time for a change

Postby DEANO » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Neil has done a fantastic job for us and will never be forgotten but I cant see any point in giving a 70 year old another season we have to change soon let's do it now
DEANO

Time for a change

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Time for a change

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Disagree.

If we go down, which is likely, then there’s not a better manager to get us back up.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Disagree.

If we go down, which is likely, then there’s not a better manager to get us back up.

:thumbup: :bluescarf: :thumbup:
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

DEANO wrote:Neil has done a fantastic job for us and will never be forgotten but I cant see any point in giving a 70 year old another season we have to change soon let's do it now

What did you actually expect from this season? :? :shock:

And who would you want on your side, if we are the Championship next season (it's still not set in stone)? :?

I know who I'd want and he's already at the club...

Clearly the best manager in many a year and one who has galvanised the club and its support from the inside out (clearly with some 'fair-weather only' exceptions) :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Attachments
Neil Warnock.jpg
Neil Warnock.jpg (323.86 KiB) Viewed 2113 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Disagree.

:thumbright: I agree
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Grangetown blue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm a massive Warnock fan but if we go down I can honestly see us struggling with the players we will lose I can't see us having much of a budget to get us back up aswell.way to many big teams in that league now
Grangetown blue

Postby Sven » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Grangetown blue wrote:I'm a massive Warnock fan but if we go down I can honestly see us struggling with the players we will lose I can't see us having much of a budget to get us back up aswell.way to many big teams in that league now

We said that the last season...and look what happened :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Brave post Deano as we know we all idolise Neil but we must have a clear plan. He is 70 years old and this may be a 2 or 3 year plan.

We've been promoted twice playing the ultimate don't lose championship football, never worrying about giving the ball away. You can do this in the championship but not in the premier league.
With our limited centre halves we need a DM who is comfortable with the ball as well as a defensive linchpin. This will be hard to find. If he is foreign it may take a season to acclimatise (whatever league we are in).
Bobbi Reid needs to find a role. He is an AM but we need to play the ball to feet, as we do with Kenny. We'll need another midfielder. Joe Ralls is a championship 8 but he'll need challenging. So we will need 4 midfielders !!!! Thats huge and will dictate how we play and it may not be instant.

I somehow hold out hope that we will not go down, Brighton is massive.
llan bluebird

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:21 pm

if or when we drop theres no one better to get us out of league saying that it b hard job doing that very competitave league championship even more so now with quality of teams in it
ch1ppy82

Postby fred keenor » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:40 pm

No question its neil for next season.
Carefull what you wish for
fred keenor

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:21 am

Relegated yes best manager to get us up again but then what? Same scenario as without question it will be the same tactics which as we've seen is not conducive to the premier league ! Do we want more of that? He recently said would like to help pick new manager so time coming to an end after next season whatever league we are in?
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat