I'm starting to detest our fans, and Zohore was MOTM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:13 pm

I have a season ticket for next season already before anyone thinks I'm being plastic. But our fans are really making me fall out of love with football. I used to love coming on here to see peoples opinions about the game wether we win or lose, and the odd debate about who should have man of the match, who's playing poor, etc.

It's heartbreaking watching us lose every week and the manner of it too (often poor refereeing decisions). I'd like to make a quick mention about the penalty appeal, I don't understand why people say it's not a penalty. It's floating in the air for about 3 seconds, enough time for the defender to position himself for the header, he headers it onto his OWN arm. How is that not a penalty? It's not as if one of our players has headed it down to his arm an given the defender no time to react. He's literally messed his header up and it ends up coming off his arm, anywhere else on the pitch and its a foul. Penalty. End of.

Secondly. The first thing I see a handful of people post about the game is "Why was Niasse dropped for Zohroe", "Zohore isn't the answer". He was our at-least our joint best F*''n player today and and it makes me feel so sick that our own fans use him as a scape goat. He was the only thing about our attack today that was good. He linked the play up, held the ball well, won free kicks when needed, should have got an assist for laying Hoilett off beautifully in the box, and could have got another assist with a great lay off to Murphy in the first half. I haven't got any time for anyone saying he's not our best option up front, because he is. Niasse is too unpredictable.

Brighton losing has really made this interesting now. If we win on Tuesday against - let's face it - an easier side (I don't like using that word but I'm just being objective here) all we might need then is 1 more win, which could likely be Fulham or Palace. It's far from over yet.

Honestly though, I know people have different opinions and I even though I deny it usually I can often see both sides to an arguement. But I do NOT for the life of me understand how people can't see how good Zohore is for us.

Other than that, not a bad performance and a win today and Brighton winning would've put us in the same predicament. I get that we've lost 3 games in a row but our performances are mostly there and to be fair it was against Burnley who are in form atm, and Chelsea & Man City. Whereas Brighton look to be crashing and burning very fast.

Fingers crossed ey.
Deep Blue FC

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I'm starting to detest our fans, and Zohore was MOTM

Postby jimmy_rat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Good post. Agree with every word.

And a good time to play Brighton! Minus their best player and even an out of form Bournemouth out 5 past them!!

I'm predicting a good win for us. And a crazy end to the season.
jimmy_rat

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Not seen any of today's game, so I obviously cannot comment on individual performances this afternoon. OP may be correct about Zohore being the best striker at the present time, but if Zohore is the best we have up front, that would go some way to explaining our lack of goals throughout the season. He rarely scores when he is on the pitch, and certainly has no chance of scoring when someone is playing in his place.

Not sure exactly what our fans expected this season. My expectations were that we may just get 17th place if we had the rub of the green. Most players in the squad are not true Premier League quality, but what they lack in skills they try their best to make up with effort. Bookies and pundits had us down as no hopers, and decisions in recent games means we are further behind than we should be. We still have an outside chance, and the fact that we are still in the fight at this stage of the season means the pundits were wrong about us.

Still hope for the best, but the odds are well and truly stacked against us, and unless we get one or two decisions going for us, it may just about be all over. Have to think about what may have happened if that plane had not gone down into the Channel, and if those dodgy decisions had not been made. We may just have survived which would probably have meant Warnock being in the running for manager of the year.
Steve Zodiak

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Good post. Looking at fixtures - it is going right down to the wire. I think it might be the Palace game that we pull ourselves out of it...

Our fixtures alongside Brighton's and a rough stab at how it could work are:

Brighton vs. Us - We win putting us on 31 points and them on 33

Us vs. Liverpool and Wolves vs. Brighton - both lose so points stay the same

Brighton then play their game in hand away to Spurs - can't see them getting anything there so again points stay the same

Fulham vs. Us and Brighton vs. Newcastle - see both sides winning so we would be on 34 points and them on 36

Us vs. Palace and Arsenal vs. Brighton - we could win this and Brighton may well lose - putting us on 37 points and overtaking them on 36

Man Utd vs us and Brighton home to City - we both lose meaning we stay up by 1 point.

Stay strong lads - we're not down quite yet.

:ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:55 pm

he was our attack because he was up top on his own lol the end of day everybody is entltled to there opinion
ch1ppy82

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:06 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:he was our attack because he was up top on his own lol the end of day everybody is entltled to there opinion

I agree, I just don't 'understand' the opinion. Usually I can see peoples point of view, but with Zohore I really don't. He was Superb today. How can 2 different journalists report it so differently?
Attachments
Explain This.png
Explain This.png (24.58 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
Deep Blue FC

Postby Jimbo27 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm

I thought Zohore had a poor first half and then a decent thirty minute spell in the second, without ever looking a real threat. He didn’t have much support to be fairness, and there were certainly a few worse than him, but in all I thought he gave an average display. Niasse brings more to the team in my opinion.
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27

Postby ch1ppy82 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:11 pm

omg again everyone is entitled to there opinion jesus christ
ch1ppy82

Postby mallo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Legs like tree trunks tires easily which leads to fans thinking he’s lazy he just not cut out to be a perm striker amongst this squad - he can’t score so he can have a great game but goals count and that’s why we’re almost going down as lack of talent you can defend all day long - you would not buy a bike if advertised as 100mph and only get 10mph ( everyone got different opinions and yours are in fantasy land lol )
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby skiprat » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:25 pm

Of course everyone's entitled to an opinion but there's only 1 fact that matters Burnley2 Cardiff 0.
skiprat

Postby BluebirdForever » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:04 pm

I personally haven't slagged off Zohore yet and I'm not going to - although he wasn't excellent.

Individually, he put in a half-decent performance in a poor side and held up play well, won some free kicks but his shining moment was when played a ball through to Murphy. Now, I saw earlier that someone had said that the through ball was played through 'beautifully' but from the perspective you can get by watching the replay, the ball was going to the opponent - not to Murphy, henceforth, why Tarkowski got a yellow and not a red.

Aside from this, everything else was half-decent. But unfortunately, this isn't enough. From my point of view, the team just looked more flat. I'm not won over by Niasse but the difference between Niasse and Zohore is that the team appears to be far more lively with Niasse in the side. Perhaps it's his consistent running, I don't know, but how we can go from giving Chelsea a run for their money and coming close to scoring against Manchester City to hardly threatening Burnley's defence is unquestionably disappointing.

Granted, he isn't a Premier League striker and doesn't have incredibly high standards - this is something his 'haters' should keep in mind; but it's also something his supporters should keep in mind too. He isn't now and I don't think he will ever be. Hopefully I'm wrong but the glaringly obvious sign ahead of us is that Zohore was our star striker at the beginning of the season when we went something like 8 games with scoring just 4. Also, those 4 goals were scored by Camarasa, Ward, Murphy and Bamba. The team continued to look flat with Paterson up front too but when Niasse came in, we scored 9 goals in the next 8 games (not including Everton because he didn't play). Admittedly, Niasse wasn't responsible for any of them but he could have been responsible for more as we still looked dangerous in some games. His presence obviously means something.
BluebirdForever

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:19 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:I personally haven't slagged off Zohore yet and I'm not going to - although he wasn't excellent.

Individually, he put in a half-decent performance in a poor side and held up play well, won some free kicks but his shining moment was when played a ball through to Murphy. Now, I saw earlier that someone had said that the through ball was played through 'beautifully' but from the perspective you can get by watching the replay, the ball was going to the opponent - not to Murphy, henceforth, why Tarkowski got a yellow and not a red.

Aside from this, everything else was half-decent. But unfortunately, this isn't enough. From my point of view, the team just looked more flat. I'm not won over by Niasse but the difference between Niasse and Zohore is that the team appears to be far more lively with Niasse in the side. Perhaps it's his consistent running, I don't know, but how we can go from giving Chelsea a run for their money and coming close to scoring against Manchester City to hardly threatening Burnley's defence is unquestionably disappointing.

Granted, he isn't a Premier League striker and doesn't have incredibly high standards - this is something his 'haters' should keep in mind; but it's also something his supporters should keep in mind too. He isn't now and I don't think he will ever be. Hopefully I'm wrong but the glaringly obvious sign ahead of us is that Zohore was our star striker at the beginning of the season when we went something like 8 games with scoring just 4. Also, those 4 goals were scored by Camarasa, Ward, Murphy and Bamba. The team continued to look flat with Paterson up front too but when Niasse came in, we scored 9 goals in the next 8 games (not including Everton because he didn't play). Admittedly, Niasse wasn't responsible for any of them but he could have been responsible for more as we still looked dangerous in some games. His presence obviously means something.

See, you attempt to give Zohore credit for his ball through to Murphy, which isn't the same one I called "beautiful". I'm talking about the one where Zohore was holding it up on the right wing, and out of nowhere played in Murphy where his shot was soft. You're talking about his ball through where it went to the defender and Murphy was fouled, that was not a good ball, I was not talking about that one.

But with the mention of the ball through to Murphy (Which you criticize because it wasn't the same one), why do you not mention the best chance of the game where Zohore spotted Hoilett in the box where Hoilett flied it over the bar when he's on the edge of the 6 yard box. Just makes me question people's agenda when they purposefully miss out star highlights in a game and mention the one pass he messed up. :roll:
Deep Blue FC

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:31 pm

A lot of our fans don't seem to have a clue, it's Zohore fault no its Ralls fault, no its Morrison fault, no its Niasse fault where is Zohore back to its Zohore fault.

A lot of people base their opinions especially on social media on nothing.
2blue2handle

Postby BluebirdForever » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Deep Blue FC wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:I personally haven't slagged off Zohore yet and I'm not going to - although he wasn't excellent.

See, you attempt to give Zohore credit for his ball through to Murphy, which isn't the same one I called "beautiful". I'm talking about the one where Zohore was holding it up on the right wing, and out of nowhere played in Murphy where his shot was soft. You're talking about his ball through where it went to the defender and Murphy was fouled, that was not a good ball, I was not talking about that one.

But with the mention of the ball through to Murphy (Which you criticize because it wasn't the same one), why do you not mention the best chance of the game where Zohore spotted Hoilett in the box where Hoilett flied it over the bar when he's on the edge of the 6 yard box. Just makes me question people's agenda when they purposefully miss out star highlights in a game and mention the one pass he messed up. :roll:

Ok, I made a mistake by getting the pass wrong, I'll concede that but you're missing the point.

He did hold up play well - like I said - and individually, he put in a good performance. But when he was a regular starter at the beginning of the season, when the team looked flat, and the team looked flat today, while he was in the team. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I just don't think he brings as much to the team as Niasse does - despite the lack of goals from both of them.

Personally I like Zohore - I think overall (in his career with us) he's been a decent servant and has been a star player in some big and memorable in recent years. So, you're wrong with your last sentence "...purposefully miss out star highlights..." - no, I offered a fair perception and made one mistake. Not everyone has it 'out for Zohore', they're frustrated because he showed so much promise before faltering so rapidly.

I might have missed out one thing that happened (which I forgot about) and misjudged the other but don't forget there were numerous other instances in the game where he should've done better too - like his incompetence to translate his physical presence to aerial threat and sometimes he got pushed off the ball too easily by Tarkowski and Mee so you cannot accuse fans of being one sided just because they missed out one of the hundred things that happens in football matches :roll:
BluebirdForever

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:A lot of our fans don't seem to have a clue, it's Zohore fault no its Ralls fault, no its Morrison fault, no its Niasse fault where is Zohore back to its Zohore fault.

A lot of people base their opinions especially on social media on nothing.

That's exactly my point. I keep having to say "I agree everyone has different opinions" but you could give me ANY opinion you like and I will UNDERSTAND the other point of view, with this as the exception. Zohore being slated does not make sense to me, I genuinely can't understand where people get the opinion from. As you said, it's based off nothing. They just say he's shit, but never give an actual assessment that justify's their opinion.

Perfect example is WalesOnline's reporter who is a cardiff fan gave Zohore a 4. Clearly a Niasse fan and looking for a scapegoat. This is the same guy who rated Niasse (Who played 10 minutes) HIGHER than Zohore's 80 minutes today. You look on sky where the ratings are UNBIASED and they give Zohore a 7. It's clearly just scapegoats and favoritism. I don't know what Zohore has to do to get people to like him, and saying "score goals" doesn't make sense because the same people love Niasse, who has yet to score for us...... :banghead: :banghead:
Deep Blue FC

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:49 pm

I've only seen bits of today's game so no idea how he played. I'm also a big fan of Zohore and think he was unfairly treated by some fans earlier in the season when he wasn't fit and the team were also very poor.

However for me Niasse should have started today, I think we have looked good with him playing in recent weeks.

I hope Zohore stays and shows his capabilities next season.
2blue2handle

Postby BluebirdForever » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I've only seen bits of today's game so no idea how he played. I'm also a big fan of Zohore and think he was unfairly treated by some fans earlier in the season when he wasn't fit and the team were also very poor.

However for me Niasse should have started today, I think we have looked good with him playing in recent weeks.

Agree with every bit of this. It could also be interesting to see if Niasse and Zohore could play up front together at some point before the end of the season. It would sacrifice our defensive options but we need goals.
BluebirdForever

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I've only seen bits of today's game so no idea how he played. I'm also a big fan of Zohore and think he was unfairly treated by some fans earlier in the season when he wasn't fit and the team were also very poor.

Agree with every bit of this. It could also be interesting to see if Niasse and Zohore could play up front together at some point before the end of the season. It would sacrifice our defensive options but we need goals.

They did at Wolves, problem was getting the ball to them.

For me if we are going for goals Reid as nunber 10 could be the key but then I'm not sure where Camarasa fits into the team, maybe wide or Reid goes wide.
2blue2handle

Postby BluebirdForever » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

For me if we are going for goals Reid as nunber 10 could be the key but then I'm not sure where Camarasa fits into the team, maybe wide or Reid goes wide.

--------------------------------Zohore-----------------------------------
----------------Reid------------------------------Niasse-----------------
-------------------------------Camarasa----------------------------------
----------------Gunnarsson-------------Arter----------------------------
Bennett-------Morrison------------------Manga----------------Peltier
-------------------------------Etheridge----------------------------------

This perhaps? The three up front playing closely together with Camarasa playing just behind them with Reid and Niasse playing free roles. If we went ahead then we could take off Reid and Niasse and put on Hoilett and Murphy/Mendez-Laing and stretch them out wide and go more defensive. Or take off Zohore, put Reid/Niasse up top and take the other two off.
BluebirdForever

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:13 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
BluebirdForever wrote:

This perhaps? The three up front playing closely together with Camarasa playing just behind them with Reid and Niasse playing free roles. If we went ahead then we could take off Reid and Niasse and put on Hoilett and Murphy/Mendez-Laing and stretch them out wide and go more defensive. Or take off Zohore, put Reid/Niasse up top and take the other two off.

I like the idea and looks good on paper, I just wonder if we may struggle because our game plan is so heavily built on the wide players.
2blue2handle

Postby stickywicket » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:52 pm

This perhaps? The three up front playing closely together with Camarasa playing just behind them with Reid and Niasse playing free roles. If we went ahead then we could take off Reid and Niasse and put on Hoilett and Murphy/Mendez-Laing and stretch them out wide and go more defensive. Or take off Zohore, put Reid/Niasse up top and take the other two off.[/quote]

I like the idea and looks good on paper, I just wonder if we may struggle because our game plan is so heavily built on the wide players.[/quote]
The problem with this team or any other we put out we get overran and outcassed in midfield.You pay peanuts you get monkies
stickywicket

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:53 pm

stickywicket wrote:--------------------------------Zohore-----------------------------------

I like the idea and looks good on paper, I just wonder if we may struggle because our game plan is so heavily built on the wide players.[/quote]
The problem with this team or any other we put out we get overran and outcassed in midfield.You pay peanuts you get monkies[/quote]

You say that but Arter and Camarasa are two players who actually are premier league quality.
2blue2handle

Re: I'm starting to detest our fans, and Zohore was MOTMt

Postby Crayfish » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:00 pm

I was at the game yesterday and my assessment of Zohore is based on watching him play. I thought he was very poor and did nothing very much. I don't paticularly like Niasse but I would have been very happy to see him replace Zohore at half time. Everyone has a different opinion of course but to make Zohore the man of the match is frankly perverse. Thought the Wales on line assessment of four was about right maybe even a little generous.
Crayfish

Re: I'm starting to detest our fans, and Zohore was MOTMt

Postby Deep Blue FC » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Crayfish wrote:I was at the game yesterday and my assessment of Zohore is based on watching him play. I thought he was very poor and did nothing very much. I don't paticularly like Niasse but I would have been very happy to see him replace Zohore at half time. Everyone has a different opinion of course but to make Zohore the man of the match is frankly perverse. Thought the Wales on line assessment of four was about right maybe even a little generous.

As the title says, I'm starting to detest our fans. You thought 4 was generous? Absolutely unbelievable. I can't do much other than tolerate it, but my god do fans like you wind me up.
Deep Blue FC

Postby Crayfish » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:02 pm

I would point out that the Wales Online reporter gave him 4 out of ten and the Sunday Times 5 so they thought he was a bit crap too. I don't think the Sunday Times man is a Cardiff fan.
Crayfish

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:20 pm

Crayfish wrote:I would point out that the Wales Online reporter gave him 4 out of ten and the Sunday Times 5 so they thought he was a bit crap too. I don't think the Sunday Times man is a Cardiff fan.

Sunday Mirror gave him a 6 alongside several others, as well as giving a number of our players a 7. I only saw brief highlights so not in any position to judge him on yesterday's performance.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:31 pm

BluebirdForever wrote:
Deep Blue FC wrote:

Ok, I made a mistake by getting the pass wrong, I'll concede that but you're missing the point.

He did hold up play well - like I said - and individually, he put in a good performance. But when he was a regular starter at the beginning of the season, when the team looked flat, and the team looked flat today, while he was in the team. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I just don't think he brings as much to the team as Niasse does - despite the lack of goals from both of them.

Personally I like Zohore - I think overall (in his career with us) he's been a decent servant and has been a star player in some big and memorable in recent years. So, you're wrong with your last sentence "...purposefully miss out star highlights..." - no, I offered a fair perception and made one mistake. Not everyone has it 'out for Zohore', they're frustrated because he showed so much promise before faltering so rapidly.

I might have missed out one thing that happened (which I forgot about) and misjudged the other but don't forget there were numerous other instances in the game where he should've done better too - like his incompetence to translate his physical presence to aerial threat and sometimes he got pushed off the ball too easily by Tarkowski and Mee so you cannot accuse fans of being one sided just because they missed out one of the hundred things that happens in football matches :roll:

was a big thing to miss though...it really should have been the equaliser as the ball was as good as youll see..
he has more actual quality than all our other strikers put together..as for ariel threat , no he does not leap like a salmon but does more often than not win the ball..no idea what this obsession about jumping and being the bloke whose head it hits no matter where the ball then goes is all about tbh..
dogfound

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Agreed ábout Zohore But you detest our fans is going a bit far wouldn’t you say ?
Nuclearblue

Postby ch1ppy82 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:54 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed ábout Zohore But you detest our fans is going a bit far wouldn’t you say ?

detest is a strong word he just doesnt like fact that people have a difference of opinion
ch1ppy82

Return to General Chat