Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burnley: Steward who walked and barged a pensioner to floor

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 am

BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY

Burnley Steward / Pensioner ( Cardiff fan )

A lot witnessed the large steward who barged and trampled a pensioner to the ground at half time. Not sure who the guy was and stewards have a hard job, but this was unacceptable and not needed. Two police officers witnessed and totally turned a blind eye to what they seen. I questioned them and not interested. It was actually common assault the old guy wasn’t doing anything was just in the path.

I have the two officers numbers and the steward, if I can help anybody I will be happy to come forward as this was awful to see. I would also like to add the police were the best I have come across for sometime. Sadly these two were bad apples.

Re: Steward who walked and barged a pensioner to floor

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:53 am

Spoke to two coppers at half time about fans standing in ailes couldn't find exit so crowded coppers said its stewards responsibility i said wasnt any that was that.... thats 3 games now and they were all disasters waiting to happen appalling stewarding and breeches of crowd safety! Coppers were excellent really friendly and actually responded when spoken to refreshing attitude.. :thumbup:

Re: Burnley: Steward who walked and barged a pensioner to fl

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:42 pm

If you have the policeman's numbers and the steward can be identified then do the b*stard.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:54 pm

I saw it too. Big fat guy.
Don’t think he was a steward, but a private security guy looking after the handful of mainly Burnley fans in the strange ‘box’ area in the middle of our stand.

I think someone said something to him and he charged up the steps like a lunatic after the guy and barged an old guy out of the way in the process.

I was one of a few who pointed out he was out of order.

He’s supposed to be there looking after people , not seeking confrontation and acting without thought for others in the process.

The old guy seemed OK after, but the security guy seemed more shook up by the response he got from what I saw.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:17 pm

Burnley, youth and some who were old enough to know better, were certainly up for some thing yesterday. Cricket club after majority of City had moved on, about 20 stood on to terraces and tried to antagonise (behind the swiftly put up police and horses). Then on the way to ground various youth etc with the usual sheep shagger comments. Same after the game but more of them. Walked through police lines to get to car, comments then directed to City behind Police again. Not what I have encountered in last 2 visits to Burnley. (Early 80's to 2000's was a different story). Whats happened? Many other incidents going off as well ... remember when we won the Championship with Malky, they applauded us out of the ground!

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

The fat-guy security at Burnley were from Showsec

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Reply on FB

Stephen Heard:
Saw this as was going down at half time steward got in police ear straight away and they did nothing, the steward said the guy fell into him, f**k off ya big fat f**k u knew what u was doing.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Annis. The old guy definitely did not fall into him, he was walking up the stairs and the Security guy barged him out of the way as he was trying to get to someone further up the stairs.
I’d happily testify that as it was 5 yards in front of me

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Annis. The old guy definitely did not fall into him, he was walking up the stairs and the Security guy barged him out of the way as he was trying to get to someone further up the stairs.

Tim, I wasn’t there, so I haven’t made an opinion or personal comment???

What I do hope is the steward is now pulled in :thumbright:

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:40 pm

Stringfellow wrote:BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY

Burnley Steward / Pensioner ( Cardiff fan )

A lot witnessed the large steward who barged and trampled a pensioner to the ground at half time. Not sure who the guy was and stewards have a hard job, but this was unacceptable and not needed. Two police officers witnessed and totally turned a blind eye to what they seen. I questioned them and not interested. It was actually common assault the old guy wasn’t doing anything was just in the path.

I have the two officers numbers and the steward, if I can help anybody I will be happy to come forward as this was awful to see. I would also like to add the police were the best I have come across for sometime. Sadly these two were bad apples.

Trampled the pensioner, wow !!

If this was as serious and nasty as you are suggesting, YOU need to make an official complaint to Burnley FC and the police force. It seems you have witnessed a common assault, or worse.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Annis. The old guy definitely did not fall into him, he was walking up the stairs and the Security guy barged him out of the way as he was trying to get to someone further up the stairs.

I guessed that, but I was replying to the Facebook post you put up in the thread from ‘Stephen’

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I guessed that, but I was replying to the Facebook post you put up in the thread from ‘Stephen’

:thumbright:

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Exiled in Leeds wrote:Burnley, youth and some who were old enough to know better, were certainly up for some thing yesterday. Cricket club after majority of City had moved on, about 20 stood on to terraces and tried to antagonise (behind the swiftly put up police and horses). Then on the way to ground various youth etc with the usual sheep shagger comments. Same after the game but more of them. Walked through police lines to get to car, comments then directed to City behind Police again. Not what I have encountered in last 2 visits to Burnley. (Early 80's to 2000's was a different story). Whats happened? Many other incidents going off as well ... remember when we won the Championship with Malky, they applauded us out of the ground!

That was Hull wasn’t it it who clapped us out ?

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 am

If anyone knows the old fella in question then would have a case to answer.i would be surprised if the club or authorities acted on a witness account without a complaint from the person concerned.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:58 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:If anyone knows the old fella in question then would have a case to answer.i would be surprised if the club or authorities acted on a witness account without a complaint from the person concerned.

Should have happened at the time (appears to have been lots of witnesses) and not two days later :(

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Got his number what annoyed me more wa Athens old bill turning a blind eye, I said I had video evidence and he wanted me to show him. Erm nope. What a weird set up the section in the away end for Burnley guests. Strange. If the guy comes forward I will happily help, if not then not a lot I can do.

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:23 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Exiled in Leeds wrote:Burnley, youth and some who were old enough to know better, were certainly up for some thing yesterday. Cricket club after majority of City had moved on, about 20 stood on to terraces and tried to antagonise (behind the swiftly put up police and horses). Then on the way to ground various youth etc with the usual sheep shagger comments. Same after the game but more of them. Walked through police lines to get to car, comments then directed to City behind Police again. Not what I have encountered in last 2 visits to Burnley. (Early 80's to 2000's was a different story). Whats happened? Many other incidents going off as well ... remember when we won the Championship with Malky, they applauded us out of the ground!

That was Hull wasn’t it it who clapped us out ?

Burnley clapped us as our coaches left, they were all stood outside their home pub round the corner from Turf Moor.

Our coach gave them an instant “loyal supporters” blast.

Hull were all over the pitch waiting for Watford to finish- as we’d equalised with a Nicky Maynard last minute penalty that denied them auto promotion, they weren’t in the best mood to start with. Lots of police in front of our stand I recall.