What Is The Most You Have Won With A Single Bet?

Gambler's Den

Postby BluebirdJM » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Lets christen this new sub section with a place for your bragging rights!
BluebirdJM

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What Is The Most You Have Won With A Single Bet?

Postby Marc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 am

£37,500 :shock: :shock: ...for a £50 bet :lol: :lol: .....LONG story, they wouldn't pay out and I ended up with £2,500 instead :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :ayatollah:
100% Plastic
Marc

Postby Merlin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 am

Marc wrote:£37,500 :shock: :shock: ...for a £50 bet :lol: :lol: .....LONG story, they wouldn't pay out and I ended up with £2,500 instead :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :ayatollah:

I'd be fuming! :twisted:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/c.c.f.c.new.era - unofficial CCFC Facebook Group of the new era!

APPLE PRODUCT REPAIRS AVAILABLE - CONTACT ME VIA PM OR USE THREAD IN THE FORUM SHOP SECTION.
Merlin

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:27 am

1300 quid fo a twenty pound stake.
Sneggyblubird

Postby BluebirdJM » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:34 am

I remember reading about people not paying out, paddy power have done it too, surely they cant say if you put this on that you could win this, but when you win say you cant have that much! Makes you think when people do these huge accumilators that get you a crazy ammount of money if you could actually claim it!
BluebirdJM

Postby SBF1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:52 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:I remember reading about people not paying out, paddy power have done it too, surely they cant say if you put this on that you could win this, but when you win say you cant have that much! Makes you think when people do these huge accumilators that get you a crazy ammount of money if you could actually claim it!

My best bet was an eachway treble. 17 years ago now so the cash was worth more obviously.

I did the bet in the betting shop in the morning, and was following the racing on Teletext (seems like yesterday, but the cash has long gone..lol)

The horses were bet at starting price " All Greek to me" @ 3/1
" Dawn Meadow" @ 25/1
" Press for action" @ 10/1 (strange how you remember the names of big winners eh?) :D
All I did was a £2.50 E/W treble.

Checking the teletext the first two came in, so rushed down Billy Hills to watch the last race. A three mile plus race over the sticks with a 3 horse race, with two odds on Joint favourits and my rag at 10/1.
Anyway, my horse bolts off as if it's a 1 mile race and gets a 30 length lead for the first two miles, but in the last mile the other horses are cantering and my hores is being ridden hard.
Coming up to the last fence, my horse seems so tired it looks like he's climbing over it not jumping it, but the three horses go over together , with a horse on either side of mine. To my shock( and by now I'm a quivering wreck and only ppeeking at the race through fingers covering my face) the two J/F fell. and I kid you not, my horse crawled to the finishing line!!

BTW, I had over £2,900 quid. Love to win that today, never mind 17 years ago! :o
Neath Bluebirds.
SBF1

Postby BluebirdJM » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:46 pm

SBF1 wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:I remember reading about people not paying out, paddy power have done it too, surely they cant say if you put this on that you could win this, but when you win say you cant have that much! Makes you think when people do these huge accumilators that get you a crazy ammount of money if you could actually claim it!

My best bet was an eachway treble. 17 years ago now so the cash was worth more obviously.

I did the bet in the betting shop in the morning, and was following the racing on Teletext (seems like yesterday, but the cash has long gone..lol)

The horses were bet at starting price " All Greek to me" @ 3/1
" Dawn Meadow" @ 25/1
" Press for action" @ 10/1 (strange how you remember the names of big winners eh?) :D
All I did was a £2.50 E/W treble.

Checking the teletext the first two came in, so rushed down Billy Hills to watch the last race. A three mile plus race over the sticks with a 3 horse race, with two odds on Joint favourits and my rag at 10/1.
Anyway, my horse bolts off as if it's a 1 mile race and gets a 30 length lead for the first two miles, but in the last mile the other horses are cantering and my hores is being ridden hard.
Coming up to the last fence, my horse seems so tired it looks like he's climbing over it not jumping it, but the three horses go over together , with a horse on either side of mine. To my shock( and by now I'm a quivering wreck and only ppeeking at the race through fingers covering my face) the two J/F fell. and I kid you not, my horse crawled to the finishing line!!

BTW, I had over £2,900 quid. Love to win that today, never mind 17 years ago! :o

:lol: good story that :ayatollah: in todays rates according to this website it would be 4,524.00

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bill ... -1900.html

dont know how accurate it it though :ayatollah:
BluebirdJM

Postby TheHangedMan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Best win ever was on the horses about 20 - 25 years ago.

Me and the Mrs were in a syndicate with 2 other couples. One couple would put £3 on the lottery, the other £3 on the football pools and I would do a 25p Yankee on the horses which came to £3.03 (10% tax in those days :old: ).

The beauty was that we had a system where I had to bet on the first 4 races on Channel 4 on a Saturday and had to pick the tips from a set pattern of 4 national newspapers i.e. Race 1 - The Mirror tip, Race 2 - The Sun tip etc. This way each couple knew what the four horses were without having to contact me.

It just so happened that all the four horses on this particular day were decent odds like 9/2 8/1 16/1. I can't remember the exact odds but it was unusual to have tips that were this highly priced.

The first 3 came in and we were sitting on about £300 and I was in a right state of excitement. Me and my mate rushed down to the village pub to watch the last race and everyone in the pub phoned their bookie to put a few quid on it.

It came in and we cleared around £2,600.....unbelievable. The pub went wild and the landlord had a stop on from whence I lost about 3 days of my life. Happy days :D :D :D
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Return to Gambler's Den