Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BADGE TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that the board has agreed to retain the existing club crest for the foreseeable future, without any modifications or changes.

The board was advised by Tan Sri Vincent Tan on this confirmation, based on the guidance and recommendations of the Cardiff City management team. Tan Sri Vincent Tan would like to place on record his thanks to the management team on this matter.

All at Cardiff City Football Club should now remain fully focussed in supporting Malky Mackay and his squad for the remaining fixtures of the season. We call on all supporters to continue their incredible backing, both home and away. All support received is invaluable, appreciated and a vital factor towards our shared goals and aspirations going forward.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co,uk/news/art ... 94004.aspx

Re: CREST TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:16 pm

cardiff fan8 wrote:On the official site:

Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that the board has agreed to retain the existing club crest for the foreseeable future, without any modifications or changes.

The board was advised by Tan Sri Vincent Tan on this confirmation, based on the guidance and recommendations of the Cardiff City management team. Tan Sri Vincent Tan would like to place on record his thanks to the management team on this matter.

All at Cardiff City Football Club should now remain fully focussed in supporting Malky Mackay and his squad for the remaining fixtures of the season. We call on all supporters to continue their incredible backing, both home and away. All support received is invaluable, appreciated and a vital factor towards our shared goals and aspirations going forward.

So whois the management team then..? board members or what..?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Was this not to be discussed with a select group of fans?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

The only thing they could have changed with little resistance and they didn't. Any design would be better that this years.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Was this not to be discussed with a select group of fans?

Yes- Tans fans

I think there is a video circulating of them singing happy birthday

:sad7:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 pm

It's great to have a bluebird retained on the badge, but the current badge design is dreadful, it looks like an after thought, which is what it was. Why, now that they have time on their hands they don't come up with something that looks like it has actually been through a design process, I don't know. The few ideas that have been posted on here on numerous occassions are far, far better. Surely, now is the time to get it right, as we enter the Premiership, not after a season or two. :roll:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

So what was the point in the survey at the beginning of the season, club shows its arse to Tan again its shocking they don't give a shit about the fans, everyone I know cant stand the badge :x :x

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 pm

People getting upset and angry over nothing here. The main stand out point here is that the bluebird remains.

So now we know our name won't change and the bluebirs is staying for the forseeable future. What will the scaremongerers come up with next...

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:35 pm

At least the bluebird stays.....thats the main thing!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:36 pm

the bluebird is still on the badge! that was the main cause for concern at the moment, and with the badge remaining the same it stays! it might be a shit badge but it's got what we want on it!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm happy the bluebird is staying but I really don't see the point in the surveys if they wont use them

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Angry Man wrote:
cardiff fan8 wrote:On the official site:

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/art ... 94004.aspx

So whois the management team then..? board members or what..?

VT :malky:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Pro - bluebird stays

Negative - club miss opportunity to use a better badge and engage fans and u this, far superior badge:

I don't actually hate the current badge, it's not aching close to the one above or the old one, but there we are.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

To me it suggest the club dont want anymore upheavel. Good move.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:It's great to have a bluebird retained on the badge, but the current badge design is dreadful, it looks like an after thought, which is what it was. Why, now that they have time on their hands they don't come up with something that looks like it has actually been through a design process, I don't know. The few ideas that have been posted on here on numerous occassions are far, far better. Surely, now is the time to get it right, as we enter the Premiership, not after a season or two. :roll:

Spot on totally agree with you. Chuffed the Bluebird stayed, but the badge is bloody awful. Also I thought they stated fans would be involved regarding next seasons badge Hmm

Personally I think they have spent thousands now on this badge every where, maybe even Hundreds of thousands and dont want to waste more money.

Re: " BADGE TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Maybe they will consult with fans in the summer about design instead of causing hysteria with 13 games to go.

Re: " CREST TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Lied to again.

What happened to fan consultation? Why the **** did we spend time filling in a survey only to be ignored? Tan probably looked at the results of that survey and thought 'I have more to lose than gain from any meeting with the fans so I'll stick with what I got instead of risk losing something and causing a stir'.

Simply Tan doing what he wants again. Only an idiot would see it any other way. Whoever filled in the survey wasted their time and its yet further proof the club only came out with that bullshit to comply with FA regs on a rebrand. Disgusting by the club again.

Why can't they just stick to their word for once?

We will play in blue ---> We end up in red.
We will continue to play in blue away from home ---> haven't played in blue since.
We will consult the fans ---> Don't bother and just do whatever they want again.

Lies, lies and lies and they wonder why people are getting vehemently ****** off with them.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:It's great to have a bluebird retained on the badge, but the current badge design is dreadful, it looks like an after thought, which is what it was. Why, now that they have time on their hands they don't come up with something that looks like it has actually been through a design process, I don't know. The few ideas that have been posted on here on numerous occassions are far, far better. Surely, now is the time to get it right, as we enter the Premiership, not after a season or two. :roll:

Spot on totally agree with you. Chuffed the Bluebird stayed, but the badge is bloody awful. Also I thought they stated fans would be involved regarding next seasons badge Hmm

Personally I think they have spent thousands now on this badge every where, maybe even Hundreds of thousands and dont want to waste more money.

There's no real guarantee a new badge would be better and you're right what's done is done, no point wasting even more money on a badge. The club should have created some sort of fans forum first time round and let us have a say. They fucked up and this is where we are.

I just hope someone manages to convince him that when the seats change, change them to black. Aside from looking nicer, it gives that gap to change back to blue a bit easier.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:00 pm

@barnett

This is a good thing u fool!

Your last post proves your a troll and crave attention.
Last edited by CraigCCFC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:01 pm

This is fantastic news as we will still be the bluebirds

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:02 pm

In a way its good as the bluebird is staying , I really wanted the club to use Karls badge , I just want to enjoy the rest of the season now

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm just glad the bluebird remains.

Re: " CREST TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:06 pm

All Black Everything. wrote:Lied to again.

What happened to fan consultation? Why the **** did we spend time filling in a survey only to be ignored? Tan probably looked at the results of that survey and thought 'I have more to lose than gain from any meeting with the fans so I'll stick with what I got instead of risk losing something and causing a stir'.

Simply Tan doing what he wants again. Only an idiot would see it any other way. Whoever filled in the survey wasted their time and its yet further proof the club only came out with that bullshit to comply with FA regs on a rebrand. Disgusting by the club again.

Why can't they just stick to their word for once?

We will play in blue ---> We end up in red.
We will continue to play in blue away from home ---> haven't played in blue since.
We will consult the fans ---> Don't bother and just do whatever they want again.

Lies, lies and lies and they wonder why people are getting vehemently ****** off with them.

I did the survey and as you say why bother complete waste of my time , I think the club staff are shit scared of Tan and fear for their jobs if they disagree with what he says

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:08 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:@barnett

So the lies are okay?
Also, where is the proof they will stick to their word on this as well?

Its incredible how easily manipulated people are and they don't even see it. What is now acceptable wasn't last summer. People are thanking Tan now for something last season they hated yet can't see it. No consultation as promised yet they're happy. Our voice as supporters suppressed once again but fans are happy its happening because they've been threatened with worse and they fear it.

Im not a troll at all. Im not a complete sheep either being easily led and manipulated.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Nothing has changed from the original rebranding though.....which incidentally you were fine with!

Therefore a good thing as the hysteria on this board is way OTT. We can now concentrate on the remaining 13 games of the most pivotal season in our recent history.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm

All Black Everything. wrote:

So the lies are okay?

Its incredible how easily manipulated people are and they don't even see it. What is now acceptable wasn't last summer. People are thanking Tan now for something last season they hated yet can't see it. No consultation as promised yet they're happy. Our voice as supporters suppressed once again but fans are happy its happening because they've been threatened with worse and they fear it.

Im not a troll at all. Im not a complete sheep either being easily led and manipulated.

What about lies such as.

Cardiff City hasn't been retained as a trademark, we will definately be the Dragons within a year

The bluebird wasn't on the free red scarf, you are an idiot if you think the club will keep the bluebird symbol

Vincent tan hasn't ever mentioned converting his debt to equity

Lies which I see posted on this board and ccmb almost every day.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Nothing has changed from the original rebranding though.....which incidentally you were fine with!

Therefore a good thing as the hysteria on this board is way OTT. We can now concentrate on the remaining 13 games of the most pivotal season in our recent history.

Its not the badge pissing me off at the moment, more the club for constantly u-turning.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

evanmorgan wrote:
All Black Everything. wrote:

So the lies are okay?

What about lies such as.

Cardiff City hasn't been retained as a trademark, we will definately be the Dragons within a year

The bluebird wasn't on the free red scarf, you are an idiot if you think the club will keep the bluebird symbol

Vincent tan hasn't ever mentioned converting his debt to equity

Lies which I see posted on this board and ccmb almost every day.

I thought Tan said last week about the debt to equity but only once Langston is settled.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

'The board was advised by Tan Sri Vincent Tan on this confirmation, based on the guidance and recommendations of the Cardiff City management team.'

Such ambiguity

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm

bluedragons wrote:People getting upset and angry over nothing here. The main stand out point here is that the bluebird remains.

So now we know our name won't change and the bluebirs is staying for the forseeable future. What will the scaremongerers come up with next...

How do you know our name won't change? Do you know something the rest of us don't? A survey was sent out to consult the fans at the beginning of the season, we take our time out to fill out the survey, then VT decides to completely ignore us and go back on his word as usual and do his own thing, pathetic!