Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A Memorial to Bluebirds fans who have sadly passed away.
Post a reply

r.i.p hoppy

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 pm

just to let you know Robert Hopley from cwmbran passed away today a bluebird for ever :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: r.i.p hoppy

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

thats such sad news!was it sudden ?another lifelong fan taken from us.god bless you hoppy r.i.p.old friend :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm

rip mate :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:25 pm

RIP HOPPY.
Cwmbran bluebird forever.
Up in heaven with brian clarke and robin friday your with good company rob.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Was sat on many trains home from Cardiff with Hoppy great guy true Cardiff fan will be greatly missed!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:24 am

RIP mate :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:09 am

Many of you will remember Robert Hopley (Hoppy/Animal) from Cwmbran who has been following the city all of his life.

thinking of his family at this sad time.

RIP MATE

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 am

Thats a shock haven't seen him for a couple of years but he was a great guy What happened?

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 am

R.I.P :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 am

RIP Buddy.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:44 pm

my god what a shock.what happened? spent many a time with hoppy,his brother brian and big dai.thoughts are with the family.r.i.p hoppy city old boy . :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:56 pm

R.I.P Bluebird

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:02 pm

RIP.
Fly high bluebird :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:25 pm

RIP :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:29 pm

rip hoppy another bluebird taken away from us

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:32 pm

R.I.P mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:41 pm

RIP. Known him 30 years. Great bloke. Christ he could handle the booze.

Not sen him so often lately, but always a smile and hello.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 am

kent blue wrote:my god what a shock.what happened? spent many a time with hoppy,his brother brian and big dai.thoughts are with the family.r.i.p hoppy city old boy . :ayatollah:

He was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months ago but treatment seemed to be going ok, i just think he took a turn for the worse on saturday. I spent my early days of following the city, over 30 years ago, going to games with bob and his brother brian, bob always had a smile and a word for everyone, a real nice man, i still can,t believe it,s happened!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 am

cityone wrote:
kent blue wrote:my god what a shock.what happened? spent many a time with hoppy,his brother brian and big dai.thoughts are with the family.r.i.p hoppy city old boy . :ayatollah:

He was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months ago but treatment seemed to be going ok, i just think he took a turn for the worse on saturday. I spent my early days of following the city, over 30 years ago, going to games with bob and his brother brian, bob always had a smile and a word for everyone, a real nice man, i still can,t believe it,s happened!!!!

bloody el,total shocker.dads known him like u since the 70s and he was always someone that you would garauntee to bump into home or away.proper city old brigade if poss could u inform me of funeral arrangements when known as dad would like to attend and i will too if poss

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:16 pm

kent blue wrote:
cityone wrote:

bloody el,total shocker.dads known him like u since the 70s and he was always someone that you would garauntee to bump into home or away.proper city old brigade if poss could u inform me of funeral arrangements when known as dad would like to attend and i will too if poss

I,m going to phone his brother brian tonight, as soon as i know the funeral arrements i, or one of the cwmbran boys will post it on here, with the familys permission of course!!!!

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 pm

so sorry to hear this sad news about hoppy had many many trips away with him and his brother when i used to get the bus from malpas rd roundabout in newport....true blue will be sadly missed by a lot of people

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

real sad news, Hoppy as been part of the furniture, he would turn up everywhere along with big Dai, can't believe we wont see him around anymore. R.I.P. fella you will be sadly missed by so many of us. :(

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:54 pm

R.I.P! :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:09 pm

cityone wrote:
kent blue wrote:
cityone wrote:

I,m going to phone his brother brian tonight, as soon as i know the funeral arrements i, or one of the cwmbran boys will post it on here, with the familys permission of course!!!!

yes of course.please tell brian that mal n mel(father n daughter)are deeply saddened and sorry and our thoughts are with the whole family
Post a reply