Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style


Gambler's Den
Post a reply

Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:26 am

Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5. :oops:

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured. :sad7:

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ep93vGJHF0&t=

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 am

Last time I bet against us was Blackpool in the 2010 play-off final. Not doing it again.

Although I do agree that things have fallen apart.

If I were to bet, it would be on 2-0 to West Ham.

Hopefully City prove us wrong though :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:15 am

12thMan wrote:Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5. :oops:

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured. :sad7:

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ep93vGJHF0&t=


Not watching the video but first question is "Are YOU betting against the City?" :?

It isn't clear in your OP and having asked the question of others, I think you should put your own cards on the table

Personally, I couldn't place a bet on my club to lose but I guess you can't lose if you do, as you'll either be pleased they (City) won or pleased that you won...a 'winner' either way; a draw excepted!

Seems very odd your user name should be '12thMan' after this thread :o :shock: :(

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:13 am

12thMan wrote:Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5. :oops:

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured. :sad7:

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ep93vGJHF0&t=


Fans getting on the players backs after 15-20minutes??? I've not seen this.

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 am

£10 on city win.

Come on.....


West ham haven't had the best results, some of our fans think they are Brazil

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 am

I cant bet against my team so I normally leave them out of any accumalators I do unless I really believe they will win.

Even on SUPER 6 if we play Man City I would put down a draw just because I dont want to put us losing by 4/5 goals. I would rather not win which is very unlikely anyway

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:31 am

lockey1927 wrote:£10 on city win.

Come on.....


West ham haven't had the best results, some of our fans think they are Brazil


They are a very good premier league team. Underrated by a lot of people they can play some brilliant football when on form and as a squad probably the best outside the top 6

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:15 am

thomasblue wrote:
lockey1927 wrote:£10 on city win.

Come on.....


West ham haven't had the best results, some of our fans think they are Brazil


They are a very good premier league team. Underrated by a lot of people they can play some brilliant football when on form and as a squad probably the best outside the top 6


Still we can beat them, even after the last 3 games I'm confident we can turn it around today.

West ham not won away since December and have drawn or lost to palace, Brighton, Huddersfield, Burnley so shows they struggle against the lower half.

I get what your saying but let's be positive.

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:29 am

Got a little bonus from work. Putting £20 on City to win 3-1 and Morrison to score first

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:50 am

Deep Blue FC wrote:Got a little bonus from work. Putting £20 on City to win 3-1 and Morrison to score first


What a plank :laughing5: :laughing5:

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:26 pm

12thMan wrote:Is anyone betting West Ham to beat us? :?

I think the odds are really generous at around 6/5. :oops:

Something just seems really off with the players at the moment. They are lacking in confidence big time and it's only going to get worse with the added pressure of needing points tomorrow and with Sol being out injured. :sad7:

We've been leaking goals with Bamba in defence and without him I think we're going to struggle bad. West Ham have the players going forward to hurt us bad and they're very solid at the back.

It's also really concerning how the atmosphere has been so flat for the last couple of home games. Fans getting on the players backs after 15 - 20 minutes for any mistake. A lot of nervous energy in the stadium

I'd love the City to do the business tomorrow and nick at least a point, but I just don't see how it's going to happen. We're wide open at the back.

Is anyone thinking of betting West Ham to soften the blow a bit if the worse does happen?

I made a video about the game talking a bit about why I think we'll struggle. I'm just trying to be realistic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ep93vGJHF0&t=



agree with sven.. what a bizare user name.
surely the 12th man comes into play in games where your up against it and the crowd realising this..erm { A } shoot of to joe corals to bet on the opposition. OR { B } get behind the team and try to influence the game in our favour.
think its B mate.

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:59 pm

No I have never and would never bet against City.

I

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Get in, keep the fecking faith lol

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm

:laughing5:

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am

2blue2handle wrote:No I have never and would never bet against City.

I


Spot On :bluebird:

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No I have never and would never bet against City.


2blue2handle, even if you would know that they will definitely lose? Are you sure? :| Couple months ago, when company asked me to write a custom essay about all these winning/losing odds, I've surveyed 200 guys and what I realized, that their stakes are more like their blind faith. Nothing about analysis, you know.

Re: Anyone betting West Ham?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:17 pm

Mike1512 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:No I have never and would never bet against City.


2blue2handle, even if you would know that they will definitely lose? Are you sure? :| Couple months ago, when company asked me to write a custom essay about all these winning/losing odds, I've surveyed 200 guys and what I realized, that their stakes are more like their blind faith. Nothing about analysis, you know.


And how would you know that? Unless the game is fixed.

So no I'd never bet on city losing.
Post a reply