MORISON 1/10 FAV (Thurs 2pm) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ODDS "

Gambler's Den

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:01 am

Anthony Barry is 3rd favourite now from nowhere
User avatar
Mr Moo Cow
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:08 am

Well thought of in the Chelsea set up.
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Big Hill Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:09 am

Sol on Sky Sports now. Still lives in Cardiff...
Big Hill Blue
 
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:27 pm

Re: LATEST ODDS (11.45am, Tuesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:45 am

LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 1am ON MONDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2021)


Chris Wilder - 5/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Anthony Barry - 5/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Michael Beale - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Steve Morison - 16/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Garry Monk - 20/1

Michel Appleton - 20/1

Michael Duff - 20/1

Nathan Jones - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Tony Pulis - 20/1

John Terry - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Anthony Barry is 3rd favourite now from nowhere

Probably because his name has cropped up and there’s money gone in for him.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (11.45am, Tuesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Updated: Wednesday 27/10/2021


Steve Morrison into 3/1 joint fav for the Cardiff job
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 139516
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (9.45pm, Wednesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 pm

LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 9.45pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)


Steve Morison - 3/1

Chris Wilder - 7/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Anthony Barry - 9/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 14/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Ryan Mason - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (9.45pm, Wednesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 9.45pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)


Steve Morison - 3/1

Chris Wilder - 7/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Anthony Barry - 9/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 14/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Ryan Mason - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1



Why is wilder there when he suppose to have said not interested? :roll:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 26594
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: LATEST ODDS (9.45pm, Wednesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 9.45pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)


Steve Morison - 3/1

Chris Wilder - 7/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Anthony Barry - 9/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 14/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Ryan Mason - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1



Why is wilder there when he suppose to have said not interested? :roll:


Bookies hedging their bets probably.

There will be some who don't know he's out of the running and betting on him also.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (9.45pm, Wednesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:46 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 9.45pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)


Steve Morison - 3/1

Chris Wilder - 7/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Anthony Barry - 9/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 14/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Ryan Mason - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1



Why is wilder there when he suppose to have said not interested? :roll:


Bookies hedging their bets probably.

There will be some who don't know he's out of the running and betting on him also.

Morrison no doubt fave after money gone on him after the speech he gave to the press today.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 pm

Updated: Wednesday 27/10/2021


Jody Morris into 7/4 fav for the Cardiff job




Caretaker and Interim managers completing at least ten competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager.



LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 11pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)

Jody Morris - 7/4

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Steve Morison - 5/1

Chris Wilder - 9/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Anthony Barry - 33/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 33/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Ryan Mason - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 17771
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Updated: Wednesday 27/10/2021


Jody Morris into 7/4 fav for the Cardiff job




Caretaker and Interim managers completing at least ten competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager.



LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 11pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)

Jody Morris - 7/4

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Steve Morison - 5/1

Chris Wilder - 9/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Anthony Barry - 33/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 33/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Ryan Mason - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1

Mmmm interesting. Not seen anything around re Morris. I wouldn’t mind him tbh. Good coach and loads of passion.
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:31 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Updated: Wednesday 27/10/2021


Jody Morris into 7/4 fav for the Cardiff job




Caretaker and Interim managers completing at least ten competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager.



LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 11pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)

Jody Morris - 7/4

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Steve Morison - 5/1

Chris Wilder - 9/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Anthony Barry - 33/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 33/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Ryan Mason - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1

Mmmm interesting. Not seen anything around re Morris. I wouldn’t mind him tbh. Good coach and loads of passion.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ztZqmTuMTh0
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Steve Morison

Postby MikeP » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:24 am

Why is so many names being mentioned as possible new Manager options. Any new Manager will take time getting to know the players he has, Steve knows them all knows the talent available in the under 23s so why not let him carry on now until the end of the season. He will I'm confident of that keep Cardiff up. The Board should be working hard in finding ways of helping him and not spending so much time on a new manager.So many on the list most of them sacked from previous clubs so who needs them,? Go with what we have let's be fair he can't possibly do worse than the last lot.
MikeP
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:38 am

davids wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Jody Morris odds have been slashed down to 4/1. Young and has strong links to Chelsea who have numerous young players who we could look to loan. But lacks any sort of experience, but do we go with experience again as apart from Warnock it hasn’t really worked. I’m just delighted that McCarthy has gone. I’m not expecting much from the new manager to begin with I just want us to be safe from relegation, and then have a season or two to build a promotion chasing side and hopefully with a more exciting footballing philosophy.


He shafted us once - hopefully won't be given the opportunity to do it again.

That's a harsh but not surprising comment from you... :roll:

My preference, after listening to the rhetoric from Steve Morison, is to see how the land lies after the next 3 games but I would accept a Jody Morris appointment on footballing grounds in the grand scheme of things

Of course, he would be on a hiding to nothing from the start because of infactual comments like the one above (he simply had a better offer at that time) and the fact he recently came close to getting the 'Jacks' job

Neither is a reason to crucify the guy who (at least) appears to be 'one for the future' according to more knowledgeable football insiders
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22172
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:34 pm

I don't really have any issues with Jody Morris .

The only thing I would say is that he last played over 8 years ago whereas Morison was still playing in 2019. I just wonder why it's take this long for Morris to get/be interested in a managerial post ?

As I say, not a big issue and would be relatively happy with either.
piledriver64
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby Sven » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:20 pm

piledriver64 wrote:I don't really have any issues with Jody Morris .

The only thing I would say is that he last played over 8 years ago whereas Morison was still playing in 2019. I just wonder why it's take this long for Morris to get/be interested in a managerial post ?

As I say, not a big issue and would be relatively happy with either.

He had 4 years as a coach with a very successful Chelsea Youth team before following Frank Lampard to Derby County, where their success saw the pair return to Chelsea

Only three or four years as an assistant is what I would call an 'apprenticeship' and his reputation says it may well be time for him to stand alone as a manager/coach

Will it happen? I'm sceptical but it woukdn't be the worst option being mentioned (with Mike Flynn being by far my least favoured option)
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22172
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: NEW FAV / LATEST ODDS (11pm, Wed) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:27 pm

Flynn the new favourite

Jody Morris, Michael Beale and Michael Flynn are out in front for the Cardiff job - with the latter the new favourite with bookmakers.

Morris and Beale are priced at 4/1, with former Newport County boss Flynn now at 7/2 - the first time he has been placed as the frontrunner.

As ever, the bookies' view is never entirely accurate but it appears that the trio are firmly in the thoughts of those in the corridors of power at Cardiff City Stadium.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 139516
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: LATEST ODDS (9.45pm, Wednesday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 9.45pm ON WEDNESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2021)


Steve Morison - 3/1

Chris Wilder - 7/2

Michael Flynn - 4/1

Jody Morris - 7/1

Anthony Barry - 9/1

Brian Barry-Murphy - 14/1

Chris Hughton - 14/1

Neil Harris - 16/1

Michael Beale - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 20/1

Michael Appleton - 20/1

Roy Keane - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 22/1

John Terry - 22/1

Michael Duff - 22/1

Ryan Mason - 22/1

Tony Pulis - 22/1

Alan Pardew - 25/1

Garry Monk - 25/1

Mark Bowen - 25/1

Mark Hudson - 25/1

Nathan Jones - 25/1

Rob Page - 25/1

Steve Bruce - 25/1

Chris Coleman - 33/1

David Artell - 33/1

Eddie Howe - 33/1

Eddie Newton - 33/1

Ian Holloway - 33/1

Karl Robinson - 33/1

Mark Hughes - 33/1

Neil Lennon - 33/1

Nigel Adkins - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1

Ryan Lowe - 33/1

Scott Young - 33/1

Sol Campbell - 33/1

Steve McClaren - 33/1

Thierry Henry - 33/1

Mike Newell - 50/1



Why is wilder there when he suppose to have said not interested? :roll:


C’mon Allan, it’s the bookies, it doesn’t really mean a lot.
They have no idea of the boards thinking it’s just people having a punt.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Jody Morris odds have been slashed down to 4/1. Young and has strong links to Chelsea who have numerous young players who we could look to loan. But lacks any sort of experience, but do we go with experience again as apart from Warnock it hasn’t really worked. I’m just delighted that McCarthy has gone. I’m not expecting much from the new manager to begin with I just want us to be safe from relegation, and then have a season or two to build a promotion chasing side and hopefully with a more exciting footballing philosophy.


He shafted us once - hopefully won't be given the opportunity to do it again.

That's a harsh but not surprising comment from you... :roll:

My preference, after listening to the rhetoric from Steve Morison, is to see how the land lies after the next 3 games but I would accept a Jody Morris appointment on footballing grounds in the grand scheme of things

Of course, he would be on a hiding to nothing from the start because of infactual comments like the one above (he simply had a better offer at that time) and the fact he recently came close to getting the 'Jacks' job

Neither is a reason to crucify the guy who (at least) appears to be 'one for the future' according to more knowledgeable football insiders


Chris regarding your sentence about wanting to see how the land lies with Morison, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
“There’s no rush” ;)
If you get my meaning.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:44 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Jody Morris odds have been slashed down to 4/1. Young and has strong links to Chelsea who have numerous young players who we could look to loan. But lacks any sort of experience, but do we go with experience again as apart from Warnock it hasn’t really worked. I’m just delighted that McCarthy has gone. I’m not expecting much from the new manager to begin with I just want us to be safe from relegation, and then have a season or two to build a promotion chasing side and hopefully with a more exciting footballing philosophy.


He shafted us once - hopefully won't be given the opportunity to do it again.

That's a harsh but not surprising comment from you... :roll:

My preference, after listening to the rhetoric from Steve Morison, is to see how the land lies after the next 3 games but I would accept a Jody Morris appointment on footballing grounds in the grand scheme of things

Of course, he would be on a hiding to nothing from the start because of infactual comments like the one above (he simply had a better offer at that time) and the fact he recently came close to getting the 'Jacks' job

Neither is a reason to crucify the guy who (at least) appears to be 'one for the future' according to more knowledgeable football insiders


Chris regarding your sentence about wanting to see how the land lies with Morison, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
“There’s no rush” ;)
If you get my meaning.

Paul, I get it...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Why not? And my attitude is we can't (if at all) make changes to the squad until Xmas, so let's go with what we got/who we have and see how it pans out

Absolutely nothing to lose right now and if he (Steve Morison) gets some half-decent results, the club can review his position almost on a game by game basis :occasion5:
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22172
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:49 pm

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Jody Morris odds have been slashed down to 4/1. Young and has strong links to Chelsea who have numerous young players who we could look to loan. But lacks any sort of experience, but do we go with experience again as apart from Warnock it hasn’t really worked. I’m just delighted that McCarthy has gone. I’m not expecting much from the new manager to begin with I just want us to be safe from relegation, and then have a season or two to build a promotion chasing side and hopefully with a more exciting footballing philosophy.


He shafted us once - hopefully won't be given the opportunity to do it again.

That's a harsh but not surprising comment from you... :roll:

My preference, after listening to the rhetoric from Steve Morison, is to see how the land lies after the next 3 games but I would accept a Jody Morris appointment on footballing grounds in the grand scheme of things

Of course, he would be on a hiding to nothing from the start because of infactual comments like the one above (he simply had a better offer at that time) and the fact he recently came close to getting the 'Jacks' job

Neither is a reason to crucify the guy who (at least) appears to be 'one for the future' according to more knowledgeable football insiders


Chris regarding your sentence about wanting to see how the land lies with Morison, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
“There’s no rush” ;)
If you get my meaning.

Paul, I get it...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Why not? And my attitude is we can't (if at all) make changes to the squad until Xmas, so let's go with what we got/who we have and see how it pans out

Absolutely nothing to lose right now and if he (Steve Morison) gets some half-decent results, the club can review his position almost on a game by game basis :occasion5:


Exactly and although he has to prove himself over the next 3 games it’s not black & white where he has to win all three or he’s out. Or even win two lose one if you get my meaning.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7697
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Bluebina » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:26 pm

Sven wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Sven wrote:
davids wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Jody Morris odds have been slashed down to 4/1. Young and has strong links to Chelsea who have numerous young players who we could look to loan. But lacks any sort of experience, but do we go with experience again as apart from Warnock it hasn’t really worked. I’m just delighted that McCarthy has gone. I’m not expecting much from the new manager to begin with I just want us to be safe from relegation, and then have a season or two to build a promotion chasing side and hopefully with a more exciting footballing philosophy.


He shafted us once - hopefully won't be given the opportunity to do it again.

That's a harsh but not surprising comment from you... :roll:

My preference, after listening to the rhetoric from Steve Morison, is to see how the land lies after the next 3 games but I would accept a Jody Morris appointment on footballing grounds in the grand scheme of things

Of course, he would be on a hiding to nothing from the start because of infactual comments like the one above (he simply had a better offer at that time) and the fact he recently came close to getting the 'Jacks' job

Neither is a reason to crucify the guy who (at least) appears to be 'one for the future' according to more knowledgeable football insiders


Chris regarding your sentence about wanting to see how the land lies with Morison, that’s exactly what’s going to happen.
“There’s no rush” ;)
If you get my meaning.

Paul, I get it...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Why not? And my attitude is we can't (if at all) make changes to the squad until Xmas, so let's go with what we got/who we have and see how it pans out

Absolutely nothing to lose right now and if he (Steve Morison) gets some half-decent results, the club can review his position almost on a game by game basis :occasion5:


It does make perfect sense, but he's been dealt a really difficult start with no midfielders a squad low in confidence and three tough games, if he gets a few draws it will be a turnaround and a good result!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 12204
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Looks like a done deal
User avatar
Mr Moo Cow
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby Sven » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:14 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Looks like a done deal

Don't bet on it; still a twist or two yet and no announcement expected before the international break, i.e. after Steve Morison has had his 3 game stint

Nothing is cut and dried yet but (it seems) the club are narrowing down their choices/options rapidly

Dai Hunt believed not to be in the frame but here's one from left field...

Was earlier told that Emma Hayes, the Chelsea Ladies manager, is one of those under consideration

Now that would be an interesting appointment, eh? ;) :o
"Recreational offence". In short, if you're the kind of person who spends valuable time looking to be offended, it's offensive.
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 22172
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:31 pm

Flynn has spoken to Cardiff on a few occasions - Just putting 2 and 2 together

1/2 is quite solid lol
User avatar
Mr Moo Cow
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:24 am

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Let’s wait and see how Steve Morison does :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 139516
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby moonboots » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:00 pm

I really hope it's not Flynn. I really don't think he's particularly bright and we definitely need an intelligent coach with a modern approach. What has he done to earn a shot at managing our Club? It would be many more wasted months and another payoff.
moonboots
 
Posts: 2970
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby Abergavenny » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:10 pm

Bloody hope not He did a half decent job with Newport but that’s all it was Having a manager who in 3 full season only got to 7th in Div 2 does not fill me with excitement
Abergavenny
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:13 am

Re: Michael Flynn odds on now

Postby BigBearBlue1974 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:36 pm

Crap
User avatar
BigBearBlue1974
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:35 pm

PreviousNext


Return to Gambler's Den

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.