Re: LATEST ODDS (8.25pm, Saturday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby Nin Ian » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:
TERRYB wrote:I bet it will be none of those named, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go for the Luton manager, Nathan Jones. If he can be persuaded! And he is a Welshman. :bluescarf:

Who’s going to pay Luton the compensation? Because it’s certainly not going to be our board.

No worries, we can tell them we will pay them later Then when they demand payment, take them to court (assuring the fans that we will put the money safely to one side) claiming that it must have been obvious that we never really intended to pay or were liable for the debt. Bound to work.

That's pretty crass and not a reflection of what is really happening at the club...

The club (or its owners) are defending themselves in legal matters that they and their considerably knowledgeable legal team feel they can defend

What woukd you do in their position?

Roll over or fight for your interests?

They do say sarcasm is lowest form of humor ? But in this case just a very poor attempt at slagging off club by some random poster. .. :roll:

Hardly slagging off the club,(that is being done far better by many on here unfortunately) just a sarcastically humourous way of responding to a topical post.

What? It's 'funny' to make it up as you go along? :shock:

Nothing sarcastic about your post; just crass and a cheap shot to boot :roll:

That's bizarre Sven. How can you say in one post that "sarcasm is the lowest form of humour" and then in the next say that there is nothing sarcastic about my post? It really was meant to be sarcastic humour. Sorry you can't see that.
Nin Ian

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:04 pm

It’s our old friend Terry F.. :lol:
rumpo kid

Postby TrueBlue99 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:05 pm

The first person on that list that I would really want the club to go for is Chrissy Wilder.

Like I've seen many others point out he has done fantastic work with the clubs he has been at in the past, obviously most notably with Sheffield United where many a people and pundits said that he had gotten them playing a very interesting and unique style of play with overlapping Centre backs that took many teams by storm, he gets bodies forward quickly to overwhelm other sides early on and put the pressure on them from the off.

They worked hard and ran the tough yards for him aswell, something that we all appreciate here. They also played a variation of 352 or 3412, which we all know that Mick had been persisting with for god knows what reason why, but it worked for a period last season when he had the right players in the right positions, doing the right things. Wilder is known for working with what he has got and making the best he can out of it, this is something whoever comes in here will certainly have to do with no money available.

Not only that but he's got great character and wont take any rubbish from the players, similarities to Warnock in that sense I suppose. To me he just seems like the right fit at this moment, like NW did to me 5 years ago. Relegation to league 1 will certainly cost the club more than it will to get a decent manager who is worth his salt and for me if he is up for the challenge the club have to do what they can financially to get Chris Wilder here.
TrueBlue99

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 pm

Nin Ian wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:
TERRYB wrote:I bet it will be none of those named, it wouldn’t surprise me if they go for the Luton manager, Nathan Jones. If he can be persuaded! And he is a Welshman. :bluescarf:

Who’s going to pay Luton the compensation? Because it’s certainly not going to be our board.

No worries, we can tell them we will pay them later Then when they demand payment, take them to court (assuring the fans that we will put the money safely to one side) claiming that it must have been obvious that we never really intended to pay or were liable for the debt. Bound to work.

That's pretty crass and not a reflection of what is really happening at the club...

The club (or its owners) are defending themselves in legal matters that they and their considerably knowledgeable legal team feel they can defend

They do say sarcasm is lowest form of humor ? But in this case just a very poor attempt at slagging off club by some random poster. .. :roll:

Hardly slagging off the club,(that is being done far better by many on here unfortunately) just a sarcastically humourous way of responding to a topical post.

That's bizarre Sven. How can you say in one post that "sarcasm is the lowest form of humour" and then in the next say that there is nothing sarcastic about my post? It really was meant to be sarcastic humour. Sorry you can't see that.

The ONLY 'bizarre' thing here is your misguided assumption (you clearly didn't 'proof read' before commenting again) that it was me who said (quote) "sarcasm is the lowest form of humour" (spelled correctly here)

You're having a 'mare here. Just check your FACTS before posting and you might just make your rare commenting visits a little more valid ;) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:19 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:The first person on that list that I would really want the club to go for is Chrissy Wilder.

Like I've seen many others point out he has done fantastic work with the clubs he has been at in the past, obviously most notably with Sheffield United where many a people and pundits said that he had gotten them playing a very interesting and unique style of play with overlapping Centre backs that took many teams by storm, he gets bodies forward quickly to overwhelm other sides early on and put the pressure on them from the off.

They worked hard and ran the tough yards for him aswell, something that we all appreciate here. They also played a variation of 352 or 3412, which we all know that Mick had been persisting with for god knows what reason why, but it worked for a period last season when he had the right players in the right positions, doing the right things. Wilder is known for working with what he has got and making the best he can out of it, this is something whoever comes in here will certainly have to do with no money available.

Not only that but he's got great character and wont take any rubbish from the players, similarities to Warnock in that sense I suppose. To me he just seems like the right fit at this moment, like NW did to me 5 years ago. Relegation to league 1 will certainly cost the club more than it will to get a decent manager who is worth his salt and for me if he is up for the challenge the club have to do what they can financially to get Chris Wilder here.

Chrissy???? :o :shock:

Wasn't she the lead singer in a 90's girl band? :shock: :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:06 pm

Sven wrote:
TrueBlue99 wrote:The first person on that list that I would really want the club to go for is Chrissy Wilder.

Well if the above get the job - They will be "The Talk Of The Town" -and have "Brass In Their Pocket " and no doubt ....
The club will say - " I'll Stand By You " - " Don't Get Me Wrong ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:08 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

Well if the above get the job - They will be "The Talk Of The Town" -and have "Brass In Their Pocket " and no doubt ....

Tony... ;) :thumbright: :D :D :clap:
Sven

Re: LATEST ODDS (1am, Monday) " CARDIFF CITY MANAGER "

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:02 am

LATEST ODDS - NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER (LAST UPDATED AT 1am ON MONDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2021)

Chris Wilder - 6/4

Jody Morris - 5/1

Michael Flynn - 11/2

Neil Harris - 8/1

Chris Hughton - 12/1

Michael Appleton - 12/1

Steve Morison - 12/1

Alan Pardew - 16/1

Mark Hudson - 16/1

Gareth Ainsworth - 18/1

Alex Neil - 20/1

Craig Bellamy - 20/1

Tony Pulis - 20/1

John Terry - 22/1

Mark Bowen - 22/1

Neil Lennon - 22/1

Roy Keane - 22/1

Steve Bruce - 22/1

Thierry Henry - 22/1

Chris Coleman - 25/1

Mark Hughes - 25/1

Nigel Adkins - 25/1

Ryan Lowe - 25/1

Sol Campbell - 25/1

Steve McClaren - 25/1

David Artell - 33/1

Robert Earnshaw - 33/1
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby TrueBlue99 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:53 am

Sven wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

Tony... ;) :thumbright: :D :D :clap:

Sounds like a question from popmaster now :laughing6: Whether it's Chrissy Wilder or Chris Wilder, cant be any worse than Mick McCarthy Surely?
TrueBlue99

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:36 am

The obvious choice is wilder and I can't imagine many being unhappy with that appointment. But even if he would come here, can we afford him and would he be happy being told he'll have no money for at least 2 transfer windows? Not exactly appealing for a manager with a good reputation.

If not wilder, I think it'll have to be a manager like Morris, Murphy, Newton who will have connections to bring in loans. Whoever it is, the club needs to get it right otherwise we will be relegated this season and could struggle next season in league 1.
Escott1927

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 am

Escott1927 wrote:The obvious choice is wilder and I can't imagine many being unhappy with that appointment. But even if he would come here, can we afford him and would he be happy being told he'll have no money for at least 2 transfer windows? Not exactly appealing for a manager with a good reputation.

If not wilder, I think it'll have to be a manager like Morris, Murphy, Newton who will have connections to bring in loans. Whoever it is, the club needs to get it right otherwise we will be relegated this season and could struggle next season in league 1.

I share your concerns as to whether Wilder will come to us because of the lack of money.

Just one thought though.

Whilst we are clearly struggling on the money front is part of this interview about managing expectations ? If we did have a bit of money to spend (unlikely I know !) would we want to publicise that ? As soon as you do the price of those players goes up immediately. Just like, if a club is in trouble financially the price will go down (look at how we got Moore off Wigan).

I do think we're more likely to go for a younger manager with a view to creating a bit of a change in culture but only time will tell. Wilder offers the best of both worlds in my opinion but I just don't see us being that attractive to him right now.
piledriver64

Bit of money this morning For Flynn

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 am

9/2 second favourite now
Mr Moo Cow

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:32 am

Didn't only Fulham spend any money on transfer fees this last summer? If not. It was certainly very few.

The situation is only going to get worse. We are not the only club that are skint.

It'll be about wheeling and dealing on loans and frees, past connections and experience.

I think we are an attractive option to Wilder. I'd imagine he's pretty confident he can keep us up. Then can he kick on next year?! That's the big question.

Wages wise for CW It would be silly for VT to take the cheap option now. Money saved will be more than lost if we get relegated!!
jimmy_rat

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 am

Mike Flynn 9/2 second favourite now
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:51 am

I've said I'd like a younger manager and Flyn probably fits that but, to be honest, I'd rather we stick with Morison because the way he has his team playing is pretty impressive.
piledriver64

Postby Nin Ian » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:57 am

Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

The ONLY 'bizarre' thing here is your misguided assumption (you clearly didn't 'proof read' before commenting again) that it was me who said (quote) "sarcasm is the lowest form of humour" (spelled correctly here)

You're having a 'mare here. Just check your FACTS before posting and you might just make your rare commenting visits a little more valid ;) :thumbright:

Fair point, lesson to the youngsters, dont try and read (or spell) after a bottle of red.
Nin Ian

Postby Escott1927 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:18 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:The obvious choice is wilder and I can't imagine many being unhappy with that appointment. But even if he would come here, can we afford him and would he be happy being told he'll have no money for at least 2 transfer windows? Not exactly appealing for a manager with a good reputation.

I share your concerns as to whether Wilder will come to us because of the lack of money.

Just one thought though.

Whilst we are clearly struggling on the money front is part of this interview about managing expectations ? If we did have a bit of money to spend (unlikely I know !) would we want to publicise that ? As soon as you do the price of those players goes up immediately. Just like, if a club is in trouble financially the price will go down (look at how we got Moore off Wigan).

I do think we're more likely to go for a younger manager with a view to creating a bit of a change in culture but only time will tell. Wilder offers the best of both worlds in my opinion but I just don't see us being that attractive to him right now.

I get that what the club says to the media/fans will be different to what is said behind closed doors. But there is nothing positive coming out of the club at the moment. Wilders reputation took a hit getting Sheffield United relegated. Id imagine he wants to repair his reputation, not add another relegation to his CV - and with the way things are going isn't particularly unlikely. I still think a decent manager could guide us to safety but I'd imagine any half decent manager would want some financial backing, at least.
Escott1927

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Roy Keane into 12/1 now :occasion5:
Mr Moo Cow

Postby Big Hill Blue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:27 pm

The woman on the news just said we've had over 50 applicants.

Attractive job.
Big Hill Blue

Postby Sven » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Nin Ian wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Nin Ian wrote:
GaerBlue wrote:

Fair point, lesson to the youngsters, dont try and read (or spell) after a bottle of red.

Fair do's, fella... :thumbup: :clap:
Sven

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:22 pm

Paul Munster the latest rumour to go around.

Current manager of Bhayangkara in Indonesia
Pantmawr Bluebird

Postby Scoularman » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:53 pm

Surely we can't be thinking to re appoint Harris ,
Scoularman

Postby Igovernor » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:40 am

Now Page in the frame :banghead:
Igovernor

Postby Crayfish » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:54 am

For me if its not Wilder I would give Morrison the next three games to see what he can do. There is no one who obviously stands out form that list. They are mostly managers who have been round the circuit with some success and some failure, untried coach types or ones that have done ok but at a lower level. I am sure one or two of them would do well for us but have no idea how would pick them out from the bookies list of contenders. Wilder is the blindingly obvious one. Haven't got a clue who to pick from the rest.
Crayfish

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:55 am

The WHAT IF question is - if Moirison wins all 3 games with the same players - then what will happen.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:01 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:The WHAT IF question is - if Moirison wins all 3 games with the same players - then what will happen.

For me, if he does well and there's no obviously better candidate available (e.g. Wilder) we should stick with him. He's impressed many of us with the way he has set up the U23s and got them playing decent football.

It would be a big gamble, I completely accept that. But unless we want to be continually on these established manager cycles we have to give a young manager a chance at some point to have a longer term view/approach.
piledriver64

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am

Flynn 7/2 now

wilder drifting to 13/8
Mr Moo Cow

Postby blemmy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:06 am

I have no idea who will be our next manager but with our squad even if it was the Lord Jesus, the first thing he'd be telling Tan would be a top half finish is out of the question!!
:bluescarf: :D :D :bluescarf:
blemmy

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:11 am

blemmy wrote:I have no idea who will be our next manager but with our squad even if it was the Lord Jesus, the first thing he'd be telling Tan would be a top half finish is out of the question!!
:bluescarf: :D :D :bluescarf:

I think a realistic target would be to stay in the championship and then get the high earners out. I think it would be reasonable for the manager to ask for one or two wages to be freed up for free transfers next year.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Whistler » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 am

There are many names being banded about, i think the only name not to be put forward so far is Annis :bluescarf: The only thing that has to happen is who ever comes in must have the presence about him to motivate the squad.

I actually believe that this squad should at least achieve mid-table given the players in that squad, the squad has been totally stripped of any confidence with players taking easy options in matches and the chaotic team selection seen being by MM. I believe we can pull ourselves out of this tailspin and get to a point of mid-table, its been done before and can be achieved again. We are in need of a Wilder Type Manager to sort this, Sorry Annis :oops:
Whistler

PreviousNext

Return to Gambler's Den