‘ Looking more likely Gareth Bale could be on his way ‘

Gambler's Den

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:15 pm

Bale to Cardiff odds cut and looking more likely if Cardiff City this summer strengthen.

Wednesday 13th April 2022

Cardiff's odds of being Gareth Bale's next club have been cut from 6/1 to 6/4 on SkyBet.

The Bluebirds have now moved alongside Tottenham as joint-favourites to land the Wales star's signature following the expiration of his contract at Real Madrid in June.

Of course Cardiff will have had to have strengthened quite considerably this summer for Bale to fit in and have good players along side him.

Bake won’t be looking for big wages as it won’t be about the money, but it will be about how strong the new Cardiff City squad will look.

Wales boss Rob Page has confirmed that Bale will indeed carry on playing domestic football if Wales win their World Cup play-off final match against either Scotland or Ukraine, which is due to be played at some point in June, however he is unsure whether he would want to "come home" to play or go elsewhere. You can read more about that here.

Bale is clearly a Cardiff supporter. He hails from Whitchurch, his uncle, Chris Pike, is a hero to Bluebirds of a certain generation, he admitted his support to Joe Rodon in a Spurs Q&A last year and he urged Steve Morison's side to beat Swansea City in the most recent South Wales derby.

Whether a move could be sanctioned, however, is heavily dependent on finances. He would have to take a gargantuan wage cut to sign for the Bluebirds and it all seems a little far-fetched still at this stage. But the bookmakers have him alongside his old club Spurs as favourites at the minute, so read into that what you will.

Gareth Bale next club odds

Cardiff - 6/4
Tottenham - 6/4
Newcastle - 8/1
Any MLS Club - 10/1
Rangers - 16/1
Southampton - 16/1
AC Milan - 20/1
Man United - 20/1
Attachments
36C429CC-10CE-4C27-9562-F82350E0243E.jpeg
36C429CC-10CE-4C27-9562-F82350E0243E.jpeg (72.36 KiB) Viewed 25645 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ‘ Looking more likely Gareth Bale could be on his way ‘

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:28 pm

Don't think it has anything to do with Cardiff strengthening and everything to do with Wales qualifying. If we don't qualify for the world cup I think he will retire from football.
Welshman in CA

Postby pipster » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:30 pm

where would he fit in ? - and could he get used to our style of play ? :)

Both Bale and Ramsay should give us their last season - whenever that is.
pipster

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:34 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Don't think it has anything to do with Cardiff strengthening and everything to do with Wales qualifying. If we don't qualify for the world cup I think he will retire from football.

I disagree, Bale would not want to play along side a load of free transfers from lower leagues or play in a struggling City team, No one of his quality would.

I do agree, if Wales failed then Bale would retire.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:35 pm

Not sure spurs is a good fit for him considering where spurs are at the moment... would he want to go to a bottom half premier club doubt it... Newcastle a better bet if howe wants him...if Wales fail to qualify can see city as only option he would take Instead of retirement for one big hoorahy
pembroke allan

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Don't think it has anything to do with Cardiff strengthening and everything to do with Wales qualifying. If we don't qualify for the world cup I think he will retire from football.

I disagree, Bale would not want to play along side a load of free transfers from lower leagues or play in a struggling City team, No one of his quality would.

I agree on this one. If Bale comes here it will be because the owner has sanctioned it and if does that he will also have to spend to get players around him.
Sneggyblubird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

This is exactly why I think he won't come to us.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

This is exactly why I think he won't come to us.

I can't see it happening and for the reasons above.

He will definitely be going back to the Premier and most likely Spurs or Southampton.
Bakedalasker

Postby todder76 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:03 am

Looks like the play off final is going to be massive for us city fans if we win bale signs for Cardiff if we lose he retires C’mon wales
todder76

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:36 am

I don’t see this happening despite some of the rumours. Although I did put a tenner on at 8-1 !!

But one key factor will be that he can play minutes when fit. He didn’t play that often for Spurs on loan and I’m guessing that’s why we’re being mentioned.

On the quality point. It’s more likely to work in the opposite way. If Bale signs then there will be a lot of young Prem players fancying a loan season alongside him. Players like Doyle and Drameh would hugely benefit from playing alongside him.
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:02 am

piledriver64 wrote:I don’t see this happening despite some of the rumours. Although I did put a tenner on at 8-1 !!

But one key factor will be that he can play minutes when fit. He didn’t play that often for Spurs on loan and I’m guessing that’s why we’re being mentioned.

On the quality point. It’s more likely to work in the opposite way. If Bale signs then there will be a lot of young Prem players fancying a loan season alongside him. Players like Doyle and Drameh would hugely benefit from playing alongside him.

This is my thoughts on things as we should know in june what is what regarding his future... but it's good to know that people already made their minds up that we'll be a poor side full of cheap loans and lower league players next season and not challengingfor anything..... wonder if bale is thinking the same way?
pembroke allan

Postby montyblue » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:18 am

Thought we had a wage cap for next season £12,000.
montyblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:59 am

montyblue wrote:Thought we had a wage cap for next season £12,000.

So they say but you suspect sponsorship will pay for a lot of his wages if he comes.... (like Rooney at derby) besides dont think any player at club is going to question his worth so wont be a problem.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:29 am

In such circumstances, I wouldn't worry about this alledged 'wage cap'

I don't know if 'Bale to Cardiff' will happen and for me, it will wholly depend on World Cup qualification (nowhere near set in stone right now) but I am confident that if it were possible, a deal would be struck to cover the move financially via wages, sponsorship, shirt sales, ticket sales, etc.

The boost the signing of Wales best ever player and Cardiff born Gareth Bale would give club, support and even owner would be immense and we only have to look at Craig Bellamy to see the fillip it would provide

A truly 'world class' player at our club and from our city?

That would be surreal; but it would have a positive knock-on effect way beyond his signing in as much as other pkayers woukd be far more willing to come here, too

Personally, I would go all out to get Rambo on loan from Juventus; but again, that will all depend on World Cup qualification

Over to you, Wales.... :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:37 pm

Sven wrote:

In such circumstances, I wouldn't worry about this alledged 'wage cap'

I don't know if 'Bale to Cardiff' will happen and for me, it will wholly depend on World Cup qualification (nowhere near set in stone right now) but I am confident that if it were possible, a deal would be struck to cover the move financially via wages, sponsorship, shirt sales, ticket sales, etc.

The boost the signing of Wales best ever player and Cardiff born Gareth Bale would give club, support and even owner would be immense and we only have to look at Craig Bellamy to see the fillip it would provide

A truly 'world class' player at our club and from our city?

That would be surreal; but it would have a positive knock-on effect way beyond his signing in as much as other pkayers woukd be far more willing to come here, too

Personally, I would go all out to get Rambo on loan from Juventus; but again, that will all depend on World Cup qualification

Over to you, Wales.... :ayatollah:

Bale Rambo now that is fantasy football at it's best! And they are close friends.... :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby cs_original » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:05 pm

Ok, so there’s lots of reasons why he wouldn’t come, but let’s just have a look at a few of the reasons why it’s not totally impossible.

He’d be is own boss pretty much. Train when and how he wants, plays where and when he wants. No one at Cardiff would be telling Gareth bale what to do.

He could live locally and be around his close friends and family more. Spending plenty of time on the golf course and pursuing other things he enjoys. All of this would come with no media pressure or fan pressure at all. If he missed a few games because of a tight hamstring or whatever no one will have anything to say. He’d basically have a free pass, he wouldn’t get that anywhere else. And with all the rubbish he’s had to put up with, that could be a huge pull.

The money side, he could just look at it as semi retirement. Just pick up 20k a week without any pressure and for keeping himself fit. I doubt he’s desperate to land a 300k a week contract anywhere.
cs_original

Postby Large Arge » Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:17 pm

I wouldn’t rule it out completely but I wouldn’t use bookies odds on determining the likelihood of it happening. Last season we saw odds of 5/4 and we were the favourites before he eventually went to Spurs on loan.

Fingers crossed though, imagine Bale as a bluebird :ayatollah:
Large Arge

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:59 pm

Real madrid news 7hrs ago saying likely place for him is city... they also say if Wales dont qualify it will be premature for him to retire !
pembroke allan

Postby Large Arge » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Real madrid news 7hrs ago saying likely place for him is city... they also say if Wales dont qualify it will be premature for him to retire !

Which City? Cardiff or Manchester? :laughing6:
Large Arge

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Come home Gareth!!! You know you want to!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
welshrarebit

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:38 pm

He wont need to play twice a week every week. We have Colwil learning from him plus a signing like that may make Man city happier to send Doyle to us again and maybe even get Drameh back off leeds!

Positivity guys!!
welshrarebit

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Large Arge wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Real madrid news 7hrs ago saying likely place for him is city... they also say if Wales dont qualify it will be premature for him to retire !

Which City? Cardiff or Manchester? :laughing6:

Mmmmmm let you guess! :mrgreen:
pembroke allan

Postby Igovernor » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:13 pm

Welcome home Gareth :ayatollah:
Igovernor

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:09 am

Igovernor wrote:Welcome home Gareth :ayatollah:

:thumbup: ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby montyblue » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:04 am

Spurs bound i would say pity we don' t have a plan for next year apart from surviving with a wage cap maybe if we had a promotion plan keeping the loanies on board tan dalhman talking to bale explaining some sort of plan that may have convinced him to help out for a season and kept the loanies interested with bale playing
a big missed opportunity all round bellamy helped out so it was not beyond
and if tan wanted to put cardiff up for sale with bale on board might have helped a sale who knows.
montyblue

Postby goats » Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:38 pm

If we do qualify, he will want to wrap himself up in cotton wool probably, he’s so injury prone these days he’s bound to pick up an injury in the 3 months prior to the World Cup…..was HRK clubless when we went to the euros in 2016? Maybe Bale will just keep fit and play golf…..
goats

Postby nubbsy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:00 pm

Don't start with this he's a city supporter bullshit, he never was and neither was Bellamy.
nubbsy

Postby piledriver64 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:36 pm

nubbsy wrote:Don't start with this he's a city supporter bullshit, he never was and neither was Bellamy.

Correct, although he (as did Bellamy) May want to play for his home town club and leave a legacy.

Nobody would fault Bellamy’s passion in the games he played for us, his body may have failed him and he had other issues but Mackay wouldn’t have got us up without him in my opinion.
piledriver64

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:49 pm

nubbsy wrote:Don't start with this he's a city supporter bullshit, he never was and neither was Bellamy.

Maybe bellers wasnt a city supporter but must ask question why come to city when easier to retire and cannot say he gave his all to get club promoted... as for bale have to wait and see it if he did what will be his excuse for coming here?
pembroke allan

Return to Gambler's Den