Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

UPDATED: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:45 pm

Updated: Sunday 15th January 2022

Cardiff next manager odds. Ex-Norwich City and Aston Villa boss Dean Smith early favourite. Chris Wilder is up there, too. Neil Warnock at 8/1.

Odds:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:47 pm

I reckon that list would take on our best 11 over 2 legs!

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Dean Smith.
Interestingly in the odds though, Steven Gerrard!

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:53 pm

Mike Flynn again.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:54 pm

I would take a punt on Dyche and Gerrard but reckon Warnock with Sol on his team. Find a place for Earnie too maybe?

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:54 pm

Bob Bradley??? Hahaha who comes up with this garbage!

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:55 pm

Gavin Chesterfield is going to get it isn't he? ;-)

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:56 pm

Wasn't Wilder available last time we were looking for a manager (or the time before?

He wouldn't touch us with a forty foot long stick ......

Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:58 pm

gazthebluebird1 wrote:Gavin Chesterfield is going to get it isn't he? ;-)

Who is he?

Is he cheap?

Is he unemployed because I can't see Tan paying any compensation for someone who's in a job already.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:20 pm

Who ever comes in is going to be in the same boat, set up to fail from day 1. Time for Tan to sell up

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:22 pm

Gareth bale

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:26 pm

Hmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:33 pm

Ted Lasso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:45 pm

What's Dave Jones up to nowadays? Serious question..

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:46 pm

The problem here is that the 'odds' have been well wide of the mark on nearly every occasion we have been in the market for a new manager, so it means little at this point...

As someone said to me earlier, how can you trust or rely on a politician to make the right/credible decision for the club rather than himself?

I (genuinely) don't know if the owner really does have a massive input or whether he is simply 'advised' by his felloe 'Committe' men. Either way, the track record isn't great, is it? :(

Like a scene from Jungle Book, where 'Hiss' says "Trutht in me; trutht in me..." :laughing6:

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:48 pm

Wilder or Smith in the position we are in.

We need a steadying hand I think.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 pm

Oh for the good old days of the player/ manager.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Oh for the good old days of the player/ manager.

Yes, this is path we should follow. Even have a recommendation James Milner. Think we need a young player/manager with great connections. He is getting ready to retire.

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:02 pm

moonmouse wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Oh for the good old days of the player/ manager.

Yes, this is path we should follow. Even have a recommendation James Milner. Think we need a young player/manager with great connections. He is getting ready to retire.

I agree, but now is not the time to be taking gambles. That’s for the summer!

Milner I feel will make a very good manager when he retires from the game however.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:55 am

moonmouse wrote:

:lol:

This isn't the time to experiment with James Milner as a player manager, do you realise how serious this is?

I think it's going to be Warnock and i reckon he'll keep us up. Just don't let him make ONE permanent signing.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:12 am

Thinking of realistic options, I'd like Mark Warburton

Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:58 am

Gavin Chesterfield is our staff coach so dont right him off
former Barry Town manager.

If not him then expect a League 1/2 manager.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:29 am

Updated:

Cardiff next manager odds. Ex-Norwich City and Aston Villa boss Dean Smith early favourite. Chris Wilder is up there, too. Neil Warnock at 8/1.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:56 am

daidap wrote:I would take a punt on Dyche and Gerrard but reckon Warnock with Sol on his team. Find a place for Earnie too maybe?

Please not Earnie, listen, he tries to talk slowly and intelligently but listen, saying listen a lot doesn’t mean he is talking sense, listen.

His advice last week was to sit back when 2 nil up, which we did and let Leeds right back into the game when the press was working really well.

Wonder how he enjoyed working with Laura Woods through. I would crawl naked over broken glass to put a matchstick in her steaming shit.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:58 am

SB 1927 wrote:What's Dave Jones up to nowadays? Serious question..

I like that idea.

Re: UPDATED: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:30 am

Who's going to come here with a name knowing everything's being stripped ££ wise and expect miracles with this squad. Yes a few good results will do us the world of good but can u really see a named manager coming here to face the blame and be like the past ones working with what there given. The club is rotten at the top down so I feel for any manager coming here tbh right now with them above and the freebie squad in truth.

Unless a decent manager comes in being told he's got X amount and going with HIS plan going forward it will be another nodding dog stripping what he can and toe the party line in the media sadly. No amount of bullshit from the club I believe anymore but then again look what happened with the "big squad rebuild and plan"

Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:45 am

I don't think we are as bad a proposition for a new manager as most seem to think. Good stadium, training facilities and some decent players.
Look what cooper done with forest last season, some will see it as a chance to boost their c.v.
I know it's a risk but everything in life is.
And before everyone starts on about the regime most people have to deal with a boss in day to day life, and they find a way lol

Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:13 am

ccfcblue1980 wrote:I don't think we are as bad a proposition for a new manager as most seem to think. Good stadium, training facilities and some decent players.
Look what cooper done with forest last season, some will see it as a chance to boost their c.v.
I know it's a risk but everything in life is.
And before everyone starts on about the regime most people have to deal with a boss in day to day life, and they find a way lol

Definitely this.

Managers ignore the stuff surrounding the club in most cases.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:51 am

There'll be a new manager, but the cycle will go on. There needs to be a total overhaul. Tan needs to sell, there needs to be an overhaul of the squad, quality players need to come in, brought in by an experienced manager who'll be enthusiastic with Tan gone and a set of players that can genuinely compete for the premiership (because if anyone here thinks that the group that we've got at the moment is capable, you need your eyes tested). Until changes happen from the top, this cycle will continue.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:52 am

The clubs strange structure isn't unique, there have been loads of egomaniac owners but few last 12 years and that's our problem. At some point, Vinny needed a structure that didn't have him so central.

I believe its a poor squad, but only a left-back and more importantly a centre-forward from mid-table, but its never going to trouble the upper half even with Pep, so someone with a bit of a CV will want funds otherwise it's another big gamble rookie willing to work under Vinnys restrictions.