Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

Re: UPDATED: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:06 am

Well all those named managers will want money Dave Jones worked with buttons.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:08 am

JulesK wrote:Well all those named managers will want money Dave Jones worked with buttons.

Did he, all those big names come for buttons ?

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:17 am

Warnock now 2/1 favourite with Sky Bet.
Please no.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 am

Floppsy wrote:Warnock now 2/1 favourite with Sky Bet.
Please no.

We need pragmatism, we are talking about four months. Keep us up and Warnock gets a bonus. I doubt he'd be up for 18 months anyway.

Its an unbalanced squad, devoid of much top 10 quality (O'Dowda & Robinson and maybe Collins) so we need another rebuild in the summer. We have Romeo, Wintle and Rimonhota as solid championship players, a few kids who we hope for and a lot of L1 or lower that need to move on.

So I'd go for a four-month stopgap and rebuild in the summer with four months to line someone up

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:44 am

Ideally the Board should beg Steve Morison to come back. Had he still been in charge we wouldn’t bein trouble. (I was amazed at how many on here were also slagging SM off). Anyway, we know the Board won’t go back to him.
Of the limited number of realistic candidates maybe Liam Manning would be a decent shout. :bluebird:

Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:16 am

llan bluebird wrote:
JulesK wrote:Well all those named managers will want money Dave Jones worked with buttons.

No they came paid for with the budget for players that was increased because of players he improved and sold every season.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:20 am

llan bluebird wrote:The clubs strange structure isn't unique, there have been loads of egomaniac owners but few last 12 years and that's our problem. At some point, Vinny needed a structure that didn't have him so central.

I believe its a poor squad, but only a left-back and more importantly a centre-forward from mid-table, but its never going to trouble the upper half even with Pep, so someone with a bit of a CV will want funds otherwise it's another big gamble rookie willing to work under Vinnys restrictions.

It’s widely said Vincent Tan isn’t interested. Is he not interested or central to our structure.

Re: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:10 pm

JasonFowler1991 wrote:Thinking of realistic options, I'd like Mark Warburton

Warburton talks a great game, all relentless press and pitch geography, in reality his teams play ponderous plodding football with no cutting edge. So a no for me.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:11 pm

Sean Dyche for me, or at least someone with a bit of experience and know-how.

However, I expect another disappointing appointment! After all, we are used to it!

Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

Compared to what recent managers have spent, yes.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:57 pm

Floppsy wrote:Warnock now 2/1 favourite with Sky Bet.
Please no.

Why not? Until the end of this season he is the best manager we could wish for to get us out of the shit, only until the end of the season though.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:06 pm

maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:The clubs strange structure isn't unique, there have been loads of egomaniac owners but few last 12 years and that's our problem. At some point, Vinny needed a structure that didn't have him so central.

I believe its a poor squad, but only a left-back and more importantly a centre-forward from mid-table, but its never going to trouble the upper half even with Pep, so someone with a bit of a CV will want funds otherwise it's another big gamble rookie willing to work under Vinnys restrictions.

It’s widely said Vincent Tan isn’t interested. Is he not interested or central to our structure.

Central to everything.... Although i don't think he is interested in losing millions of pounds each year anymore for the prestige of owning an "English" (premier league) football team and wants to sell with some business credibility

Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:09 pm

Sparky Hughes, working miracles at Bradford.

Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:42 pm

ccfcbiker wrote:Sparky Hughes, working miracles at Bradford.

Oh god no :lol:

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:59 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
ccfcbiker wrote:Sparky Hughes, working miracles at Bradford.

Oh god no :lol:

I’m not too keen on his style of play but he’d certainly get us organised.

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:13 am

It make sense to get Warnock.

Re: ‘ NEXT CARDIFF CITY MANAGER ‘

Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:20 am

davids wrote:
gazthebluebird1 wrote:Gavin Chesterfield is going to get it isn't he? ;-)

Who is he?

Is he cheap?

Is he unemployed because I can't see Tan paying any compensation for someone who's in a job already.

He is already here ...

Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:45 am

waht about giving oasian roberts a ring good coach

Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:48 am

soz meant What about giving him a ring
was part of a succesful welsh set up under gary speed and coleman and later Morroco in this world cup