Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

New manager odds

Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:42 am

I Know Mark Hudson quite well and he will be gutted to lose his "dream job" but I don't believe he should have had it in the first place, he was thriving coaching the youngsters and should have continued that for longer in my opinion. The odds on a new manager will be irrelevant because £20 can change them and they are no guide at all until a person is virtually in place.

We have to go for a manager that costs us a few quid to hire, who can motivate the squad we have, which can avoid the drop with the right coaching, and a manger who can work under the constraints of the transfer rules.

Tan is a victim of his own naivety, allowing people to waste millions of his money. He has taken bad advice in most decisions since coming here and if I was him I would go to someone outside the club altogeter and ask advice on who we should appoint next. Going down would cost him millions, so a mistake now would be critical in my opinion, so spending a chunk on an advisor and a proper experience manager MUST be his only option, anything else makes no sense to me.

In the Premier league Championship, league one, league two and even the National league , getting a manager job is limited due to the few there are available so we may get lucky and get some tidy candidates, who knows? What we do know is the appointments of Harris, Morrison and Hudson were cheap and now costly mistakes, we really cannot afford a fourth.

Re: New manager odds

Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:00 am

Spot on

Re: New manager odds

Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:29 pm

Didn't he ask Glen Roeder for advice a few years back? Don't know if anything come of it mind.