Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

UPDATED: SAM ALLARDYCE CLEAR NO.1 AT BOOKIES

Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:51 am

Updated:

Allardyce new favourite for Bluebirds job

Sam Allardyce has suddenly emerged from nowhere to become the new bookies' favourite for Cardiff City manager.

Big Sam's odds plummeted from 33-1 to even money after a flurry of bets were placed on him on Friday afternoon.

Big Sam has today been in discussions with the City board.

There may be nothing in this so don’t shoot the messenger!!

A mate of a mate has just posted a selfy with Sam Allardyce at Cardiff Central on Facebook.

It may be complete coincidence or there may be something in it. He was very coy about why he was in Cardiff.

Read into it what you like ! Personally as long as it’s short term I’d be happy with that. He’s an upgrade on Warnock and I’d have a fair bet he’d keep us up.

UPDATE: Sam Allardyce now odds on at 1/11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rumour manager ?

Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 pm

I seen Nibs talking to him, stranger things have happened lol

Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:33 pm

He's 33 to 1 at the moment, lump on. :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 pm

He's down to 16s now :shock:

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:03 pm

nobby wrote:He's down to 16s now :shock:

Something’s going on!!

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:35 pm

Hmmm now third favourite for the job.

Would be happy with this appointment but can't see it. He'd want a lot of money.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:44 pm

6/1 now.
I got him at 33/1

Result.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:12 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
nobby wrote:He's down to 16s now :shock:

Something’s going on!!

I suspect that quite a few out of work managers have applied for the manager job and he could be one to have made it to a short list for interview.

One worry though. If our fans start doing the ayatollah :ayatollah: might he think he is the subject to another "fake sheik" sting by the media? :D

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:33 pm

All Sam's money and he's catching the train to Cardiff.
Probably got an Ely bus into Canton two pints in the Napier to settle his nerves and then walked to the ground for his interview.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:36 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:All Sam's money and he's catching the train to Cardiff.
Probably got an Ely bus into Canton two pints in the Napier to settle his nerves and then walked to the ground for his interview.

I agree, that’s the one part of it that makes me doubt the accuracy.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:41 pm

He would probably keep us up but for the long term I would say no.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:47 pm

Easier catching the Train .
Hes probably aware of the Brynglas tunnels on a friday

Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:52 pm

Would be worth getting him in charge of the Swansea game alone..

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 pm

The bookies now have him as favourite for the job, very interesting.

Could be nothing in it but seems like a big change in the odds considering he was 33/1 a couple of hours ago.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:15 pm

The photo of Big Sam wasn't taken in Cardiff, it was taken on a station up the North of England, its on Nips Facebook page.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:19 pm

Keep an eye on directors box tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there taking a look at us.

Really need to have someone in before the following game.

I’d be happy with big Sam to the end of the season maybe with bamba learning from him??

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:33 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:The bookies now have him as favourite for the job, very interesting.

Could be nothing in it but seems like a big change in the odds considering he was 33/1 a couple of hours ago.

in a small betting market like this it doesn't much money to shift the price.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:35 pm

Hes down vale now

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:35 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:Keep an eye on directors box tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there taking a look at us.

I’d be happy with big Sam to the end of the season maybe with bamba learning from him??

Why bamba ? .

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:Keep an eye on directors box tomorrow, hopefully someone will be there taking a look at us.

Why bamba ? .

I don't get the obsession with Bamba. He is less experienced than Hudson. We need experience right now.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:Hes down vale now

Just in at 1/11 at the bookies, Wez... :thumbup:

Re: SAM ALLARDYCE CLEAR NO.1 AT BOOKIES

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:49 pm

Certainly unexpected but has the experience and man management we need.

Will surely want funding from Tan.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:51 pm

Merthyr_Blue27 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Why bamba ? .

I don't get the obsession with Bamba. He is less experienced than Hudson. We need experience right now.

Agree, what is it with some fans wanting Warnock and Bamba back??? Been there got the t-shirt, Warnock should stay retired and enjoy the time he has left and Bamba has no experience, let's move on shall we :bluescarf:

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:52 pm

Plenty of deals for Sam to consider in the Napier.. give him a chance tho, he's still got that 100% winning record.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:04 pm

FFS this club !!!!!!!

From Warnock, nobody, championship manager, nobody, nobody to a former England and genuine premier league manager.....

Wow

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Very good fit for us, be worth what we have to pay him.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Allardyce new favourite for Bluebirds job

Sam Allardyce has suddenly emerged from nowhere to become the new bookies' favourite for Cardiff City manager.

Big Sam's odds plummeted from 33-1 to even money after a flurry of bets were placed on him on Friday afternoon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:FFS this club !!!!!!!

From Warnock, nobody, championship manager, nobody, nobody to a former England and genuine premier league manager.....

Wow

There’s absolutely no way he will be comming to us unless he’s been told there is funds there for a push next season, unless he’s getting a massive check to manage us until the end of the season and keep us up

Re: UPDATED: SAM ALLARDYCE CLEAR NO.1 AT BOOKIES

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:26 pm

I wonder if Warnock has had a few quid on Big Sam? ;)

Re: UPDATED: SAM ALLARDYCE CLEAR NO.1 AT BOOKIES

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:30 pm

Someone somewhere is having a good laugh at other people's expense today.