Cardiff City Forum

Gambler's Den

‘ Cardiff City are ‘

Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:48 am

With the bookies:

Cardiff City let’s prove the bookies wrong

Sky bet 25-1 for promotion and 11-4 to be relegated.

Re: ‘ Cardiff City are ‘

Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:49 am

25/1. That's worth a tenner.

Still 11/4 2nd favourite for relegation

Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:12 am

Just been checking the bookies for relegation odds and most still have us going down.

Ladbrooks got us at 50/1 for promotion.

Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:32 am

I got a tenner on @ 70 on B/F to win the league. Ambitious and silly I know. :laughing6:

Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:With the bookies:

Cardiff City let’s prove the bookies wrong

Sky bet 25-1 for promotion and 11-4 to be relegated.

25/1 is decent odds would change quick with a couple of signings

Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:44 am

Still think our target should be mid table after last season and we're in a good place to achieve that with our current squad.

We could have an outside chance of the top six with a striker, central midfielder and centre back. Especially as we'll be able to spend fees on January, whether that will be permanent transfers or loans with fees.

But the bookies rarely predict the season completely right. Last season they were certain West Brom would be top six and that Luton would struggle. They didn't see us being in a relegation battle.

Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:05 pm

Sky offer 4places e/w to win the league at 80-1. I placed 3 small bets on that to cash out 2 during the season. I also took 20-1 on promotion twice again 1 for a cash out and 1 to run.

Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:27 pm

I always put a bet on football matches.
This season i got Cardiff City £30 at 14/1 promotion with Coral.
Have a good feeling with a few more players we can give it a go. :bluescarf:

Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 pm

For those of you who are less optimistic but fancy a punt, city are 9/4 with Coral for a top 12 finish. Lump on!!

Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I got a tenner on @ 70 on B/F to win the league. Ambitious and silly I know. :laughing6:

I have a tenner on it at 80-1 with skybet :laughing5:

Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:21 pm

They were 6-1 to finish in the top 6. I think with the signings so far we are top 10 candidates. Another quality signing and we may not be top three or four but will be challenging the top 6

Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:10 pm

Just had it for 60/1 ladbrokes with a boost , £10 nicker
Pmsl . We can dream

Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:04 pm

Fairblue27 wrote:For those of you who are less optimistic but fancy a punt, city are 9/4 with Coral for a top 12 finish. Lump on!!

As a starting point - This is the position we should aim to start off with ....Anything else is a bonus :bluebird:

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:02 pm

Gotta love the optimism but seriously, have people forgotten just how bad we were last season? A few free transfers and suddenly there’s talk of top half and even top 6 with a couple more free signings or loans? You couldn’t make it up!

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:11 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Gotta love the optimism but seriously, have people forgotten just how bad we were last season? A few free transfers and suddenly there’s talk of top half and even top 6 with a couple more free signings or loans? You couldn’t make it up!

We are only having a laugh , du really think that people believe we will win league ? Come on mate Fukin el pmsl

Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:34 pm

Richy roofer ccfc wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Gotta love the optimism but seriously, have people forgotten just how bad we were last season? A few free transfers and suddenly there’s talk of top half and even top 6 with a couple more free signings or loans? You couldn’t make it up!

We are only having a laugh , du really think that people believe we will win league ? Come on mate Fukin el pmsl

I didn’t say about winning the league did I? I was referring to top 6 or top half that some genuinely believe is possible. We can’t score goals against anyone and don’t look any better than last season.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Richy roofer ccfc wrote:

I didn’t say about winning the league did I? I was referring to top 6 or top half that some genuinely believe is possible. We can’t score goals against anyone and don’t look any better than last season.

I think we will definitely be in the top half , the goals will come hopefully