Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sell etheridge too fund striker

Sat May 25, 2019 5:02 pm

If we could get 10-12 million for him I’d buy a striker out of the money, I’d go all out and buy Dwight Gayle, I think with him and Reid playing just off him we’d storm the championship

8-10 million transfer fee
2.6 million in wages (1 season in the championship at 50k a week)

Who would you like too bring in if we do sell him

Re: Sell etheridge too fund striker

Sat May 25, 2019 5:28 pm

No way will Warnock sign Gayle he is a little tw*t with an attitude.

Sat May 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Id personally like Che Adams and think he'd fit perfectly. Runs the channels, has pace and power that Warnock likes and is a prolific finisher as well as having the versatility to play up front or on the wing. Unfortunately he may be destined for a higher division.

Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Warnock would sort Gayle out no probs and I would take him any day ......gets the goals ...and he would know where he stands with Warlock

Sat May 25, 2019 11:24 pm

Sorry I've tried to ignore it as best as I can - but have failed. I think you meant to not too.

Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 am

mugsy wrote:Sorry I've tried to ignore it as best as I can - but have failed. I think you meant to not too.

:occasion5:

Sun May 26, 2019 5:39 am

I would rather try and get Maupay for that kind of money. Never been impressed with Gayle

Sun May 26, 2019 6:37 am

mugsy wrote:Sorry I've tried to ignore it as best as I can - but have failed. I think you meant to not too.

He's referring to a foreign striker called Two Fund.

Sun May 26, 2019 11:02 am

Look out the grammar police are out :lol: I’ll edit it now :lol:

Sun May 26, 2019 11:18 am

We should now not need to sell anyone and still can afford new players.

Sun May 26, 2019 11:41 am

Moff. wrote:If we could get 10-12 million for him I’d buy a striker out of the money, I’d go all out and buy Dwight Gayle, I think with him and Reid playing just off him we’d storm the championship

8-10 million transfer fee
2.6 million in wages (1 season in the championship at 50k a week)

Who would you like too bring in if we do sell him

Firstly I wouldn't want to sell Etheridge. He's a quality keeper especially in the Championship and a quality goalie can be worth 6 or more points during the season and for me Smithies is nothing better than an average keeper at Championship level.

Also I doubt that Gayle would sign a one year contract - he'd be looking for a three year deal so now you're looking at 7.5m in wages for a player who could get injured in his first game. That would have a major impact if we were unable to get back to the Premier League during the term of his contract.

Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 am

Forever Blue wrote:We should now not need to sell anyone and still can afford new players.

Exactly we should be adding to improve areas.

Unless a healthy bird comes in :thumbright:

Sun May 26, 2019 12:56 pm

I think the money could go a long way too improving the team, we could sell etheridge and buy a top class striker and I think smithies would do fine as a first choice for next season. With a top class striker with 25 goals we could be looking at automatic promotion again. Back in the prem then with money too spend we could invest in a better keeper again. Don’t get me wrong etheridge was good last season but not all that when it came too distribution. Maybe our next manager would want too start playing from the back ?

Sun May 26, 2019 2:28 pm

We need to make sure we don't fall into the trap other teams have and just throwing money at it after relegation and then not coping the following season.

All very well saying just add but then that's going to be a hell of wage bill.

Personally I would sell and use the money in other areas. The tighter we keep the purse strings while still improving the better we can be going forward.

Mon May 27, 2019 3:32 pm

we have zohore reid ward and patterson who are all topclass championship strikers, ill get hit with my post but zohore with a little boot up his ass is a class act

Mon May 27, 2019 5:18 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:we have zohore reid ward and patterson who are all topclass championship strikers, ill get hit with my post but zohore with a little boot up his ass is a class act

What planet are you on? Ward, Patterson and Zohore Top class strikers :lol: not even in the championship.

Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Dahboy wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:we have zohore reid ward and patterson who are all topclass championship strikers, ill get hit with my post but zohore with a little boot up his ass is a class act

What planet are you on? Ward, Patterson and Zohore Top class strikers :lol: not even in the championship.

Thinking this :lol: we’ve already had a season of that and they’ve hardly set the world on fire have they, we need quality up front and even in today’s inflated market 10 million would buy a quality championship striker who would hopefully have potential to do well if we get promoted again. At the end of the day we need to add players too win the championship.

Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 pm

why on earth would we sell etheridge for just £10 mil, we could easily sell him for 15 to 20 Mil. We should not let him go easily plus we have enough cash for a striker or 2.

Wed May 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Do we really need to sell our player of the season,
Are our funds that low
Selling your best players to get others in seems as silly idea to me
If funds are that low we could loan players, sell the reserve keeper.