OFFICIAL " Bruno Manga gone ‘

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby CFS25 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:54 am

Dijon announced the signing of Bruno Manga on Thursday night, for a reported fee of £3m.

18/07/19

If he is sold for that in the current transfer market club making massive error he’s worth 10 million plus

Cardiff City star Bruno Manga set to move to France in £3m transfer

Manga keen to return home to France after superb five-year spell with Bluebirds

THURSDAY 18TH JULY 2019

Cardiff City star Bruno Manga is poised to follow Kenneth Zohore out of the Bluebirds exit door this summer with a move back to France.

Manga is in talks with French club Guingamp over a deal which would be worth close to £3m to Cardiff.

Manga, who started Cardiff's first pre-season match against San Antonio at the weekend, is believed to have left the Bluebirds' North American tour to conduct negotiations.

Although his move is not as cut and dried as that of Zohore, it is still likely to go through.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock intends to replace Manga by signing another centre-back. He already has skipper Sean Morrison, Sol Bamba and new signing Curtis Nelson as options, with Matt Connolly also still on Cardiff's books.

Manga will become the second high-profile Bluebirds star to leave this summer, with West Brom having agreed an £8m swoop to land striker Zohore.

Significantly the two men are each in the final year of their contracts and the Bluebirds feel it makes sound financial sense to sell, with Warnock looking at other options in their positions in his bid to land promotion back to the Premier League.

Manga has established himself as a big fans' favourite during a five-year spell with Cardiff, having joined the club in 2014.

But it is thought he is keen to return to France for personal reasons and Cardiff don't feel it would be right to stand in his way.

Manga has given the Bluebirds fantastic service, one of the men to shine in the Premier League, and a move to France is said to be in the best interests of every party.

A number of clubs have been monitoring Manga, but Guingamp are believed to have leaped to the top of the queue.

Neil Warnock has a great rapport with Bruno Ecuele Manga (Image: Chris Fairweather/Huw Evans Agency)
They were relegated from Ligue 1 last season, finishing bottom of the table, and feel Manga's experience and expertise can help them win instant promotion back to the French top flight.

Manga previously played for Bordeaux, Angers and Lorient in the French leagues, Cardiff signing him in a deal said to have been touching £5m in 2014.

Warnock doesn't really want to sell a defender he has a fantastic working rapport with, but also feels it would be wrong to stop Manga returning to France where he really wants to play.

His service, performances and commitment to Cardiff over a five-year period have been exemplary, Manga making 150 appearances for the club.
CFS25

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Manga 3 Million

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 am

1 year left on his deal and isn't he 30 now. Wish him well and I think Warnock is OK signing centre backs
2blue2handle

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 am

I think he was always going ,at least city activated his one year extension and got Money for him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:05 am

It’s been said before that he was keen to return to France. Although I would have thought he could have played in Ligue 1 rather than to Guingamp who were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

But he owes us nothing and has been a great player for the club. This also explains some of the rumours around suggesting we are looking at Aden Flint.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:20 am

2blue2handle wrote:1 year left on his deal and isn't he 30 now. Wish him well and I think Warnock is OK signing centre backs

31 now, but if we are spending more than 3m of Aden Flint, who is 30 himself, dont really think this is good business.
paulh_85

Re: ‘ Bruno Manga £3 Million ‘

Postby theclaw » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:27 am

Been a good signing by Ole I think and too be fair never really let us down despite being played out of position most of the time.
Personally I would have hated it if he went for nothing next year so hopefully it’s £3m extra in the transfer coffers.
All the best Bruno.
theclaw

Postby gwentbluebirds » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:37 am

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:1 year left on his deal and isn't he 30 now. Wish him well and I think Warnock is OK signing centre backs

31 now, but if we are spending more than 3m of Aden Flint, who is 30 himself, dont really think this is good business.

Aden flint is a good championship defender imo. And if manga wants to return to France will his heart be in it? Leading to errors maybe
gwentbluebirds

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:39 am

paulh_85 wrote:

But flint scores goals so swapping defender for defender is fine plus extra goals :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am

Sounds like it's down to business. A year left on the contract and if it's not likely to be extended get something while you can.
Steve Zodiak

Postby WelshSerb » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am

Manga is our best defender so be gutted to see him go!
WelshSerb

Postby JasonFowler1991 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 am

Manga has been a great servant to the club, playing out of position when required whilst remaining professional. It will be a shame to see him go but I don't think we can stand in his way, nor can we turn down 3 million for a player who could go for free next season.

I wish him all the best and hopefully we find a swift replacement.
JasonFowler1991

Postby RYANBLUE » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:49 am

always been very impressed with Bruno.

I'm gutted at this one but £3m is a steal in my opinion. However if they can get flint its not a bad cover
RYANBLUE

Postby RageJon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:13 am

Wish bruno all the best

Hope warnock works some magic in defence and dont leave it till the last minute this season
Always Know If The Juice Is Worth The Squeeze !

Utrinque Paratus
RageJon

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:15 am

Absolutely gutted my fav player and best defender IMO but everybody has vices and a price, be sad to see hm go but all the best Bruno you've been an outstanding player and servant to our club, any club who takes you on will have a star in their ranks, a professional.
Wolfpac

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:20 am

Big thing in this transfer was that his contract was actually due to expire last month but City activated the extra year clause

I will be sorry to see Bruno go been a great servant and conducted himself well both on and off the field but at least City have been “business savvy” and got a decent fee for him which has certainly not always been the case in the past

Good luck to Bruno if he does go
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:49 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Big thing in this transfer was that his contract was actually due to expire last month but City activated the extra year clause

I will be sorry to see Bruno go been a great servant and conducted himself well both on and off the field but at least City have been “business savvy” and got a decent fee for him which has certainly not always been the case in the past

Good luck to Bruno if he does go

Just recently we seem to have gone from complete twp's in the transfer market to very savvy. As you pointed out Manga was worth nothing to us until we activated an extension clause and pocketed a tidy £3m. :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:52 am

paulh_85 wrote:

Yeah but no doubt Flint will be signing a 3 year deal. Warnock mentioned about trying to get Manga on a 2 year deal rather than just the 1 year option we had. I guess he didn't want it.
2blue2handle

Postby montyblue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:00 am

Pity if we loose manga our best defender and imo totally selling him cheap plus he is a quick defender when turned he always got a foot in
i don't think flint as a replacment is as quick bit like morrison good defender but no turn of pace
montyblue

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:06 am

montyblue wrote:Pity if we loose manga our best defender and imo totally selling him cheap plus he is a quick defender when turned he always got a foot in
i don't think flint as a replacment is as quick bit like morrison good defender but no turn of pace

Manga himself wasn't THAT quick. I'd say that despite his imposing 6ft 6" frame, Flint is probably as quick as Bruno.
Alan_in_China

Postby fred keenor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:24 am

With the transfer deadline on the horizon and Bruno in the last year of his contract , tough decisions have to be made ,so 3 million is not that good but also not that bad.
Shame he decided not to stay as he was definately our best defender , but life goes on.
fred keenor

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:36 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
montyblue wrote:Pity if we loose manga our best defender and imo totally selling him cheap plus he is a quick defender when turned he always got a foot in

Manga himself wasn't THAT quick. I'd say that despite his imposing 6ft 6" frame, Flint is probably as quick as Bruno.

I have no problem with the sale despite the fact Bruno is simply our best centre back.

However he is deceptively quick, even in the Premier he turned and caught attackers which is something none of our current or prospective CBs can do. Bamba was quick but at 35 coming back from an ACL I think those days are gone.

So I’m slightly worried if Flint is the replacement as he’s just a bigger version of Morrison.
piledriver64

Postby Blue Legend » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am

Very surprised there isn't a better French team after him or a lower Premier League side. Easily our best centre back in the Premier League.
I don't care about Vincent,
He don't care about me.
All I care about is CCFC......
Blue Legend

Postby mugsy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 am

Swapping Manga for Flint - terrible news.
mugsy

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Igovernor

Postby doggies65 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:51 pm

mugsy wrote:Swapping Manga for Flint - terrible news.

Have to agree on this one. Spending money that should be used on a goal scorer
doggies65

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm

doggies65 wrote:
mugsy wrote:Swapping Manga for Flint - terrible news.

Have to agree on this one. Spending money that should be used on a goal scorer

That’s not quite what’s happening but never mind.
Llan_Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:36 pm

It’s quite simple to me. Manga wants off, Warnock reacts quickly by bringing in Flint.
I’d prefer Manga any day of the week but better to let him go now than keep him unhappy for a season and the give him away for free.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Is anyone else worried that we'll probably have the slowest back 4 in the Championship? I mean people moan about Morrison and his distribution but Flint is even worse. I understand that Manga wanted to go back to france, but 3m for one of the best defenders in the championship isn't that great tbh even with 1 year left. Defo reckon we should have been looking at 5-6m for him. If we come up against any team that rotates and has speed we're fuc*ked
Bluebird Warrior

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Sorry to see him go but if he wants to go back to France for personal reasons and we get 3 million for him then he goes with my best wishes and good luck for the future
CF23 Bluebird

Postby Vincent Man » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:38 pm

We have in effect lost a right back and gained a great CB.
I can see Peltier fighting it out for the RB position with Nelson
Vincent Man

Next

Return to General Chat