Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who would you have to replace Harris

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:33 pm

I’d go for Eddie how

Re: Who would you have to replace Harris

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Eddie Howe would cost a pretty penny that’s for sure and would be a great appointment. In the current climate I can’t see it happening though. I’d still give Harris the next two games at least, see where we are at then. We’re only 5 points off the play offs and 8 off top 2. If we win against Barnsley and Bristol before the international break its a completely different picture to wht we’re looking at now.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:47 pm

If go for Eddie now.. great Manager and we’ve got all the songs..

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:48 pm

Heart says Bellamy, head says Pearson.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:50 pm

here we go...the unreasonable suggestions thread...

how about some suggestions that do not include huge wage bills and transfer market demands that we will never agree to...

Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:57 pm

Eddie Howe

Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Eddie Howe

cheap option and used to working on a string string... :laughing5:
what about poch

Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:17 pm

skidemin wrote:here we go...the unreasonable suggestions thread...

how about some suggestions that do not include huge wage bills and transfer market demands that we will never agree to...

Thats what Harris is doing here

Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:56 pm

Eddie howe or a foreign manager

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:01 pm

Eddie How is a premier league manager and wouldnt go to a championship club
Radio Wales eluded to Flynn over at Newport Cewnty

We need to give Harris time in my opinion

Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:22 pm

Big Hill Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:here we go...the unreasonable suggestions thread...

Thats what Harris is doing here

i sort of agree but there is an enormous jump from Haris to Howe whose next job is either going to be a premier league club or a championship club with a war chest...

Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:00 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:I’d go for Eddie how

You :laughing6:

Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:08 pm

Paul Cook out of work and good at getting best out of what he’s got.

Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:11 pm

Tan, Choo and Dalman busy scouting the Vanarama League for somebody cheaper than Harris to take over.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:10 am

keanoswinklepickers wrote:Paul Cook out of work and good at getting best out of what he’s got.

So good he's unemployed...! :shock: :?

Not for us; we need to aim higher (subject to the Board having the will should they decide to replace the current manager, which I doubt they will right now) :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 am

Sam allardyce

He would get this squad to the Premier league and keep us there

It won't be great football but it will be effective and successfull.

This squad is just calling out for him

Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:53 am

I seem to remember dalman on the radio saying (correct me if I’m wrong) tan was really excited on deadline day and had to reigned in from buying Charlie Austin. So if that’s to be believed it seems we have the best squad we’ve had for a bit with tommo to come back and Wilson and Moore, tan might be tempted to have a push. I don’t know if Eddie Howe is realistic but hughton would have been ideal. Struggling to think of any good shouts available at the minute. Got a feeling the game against Bristol just before the international break is going to be the end for Harris as it was for warnock

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:06 am

keanoswinklepickers wrote:Paul Cook out of work and good at getting best out of what he’s got.

Very good call. He’d fit the bill in a number of ways: not expense, plays decent football, can operate on a tight budget. I’d be very happy to give him a go

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:07 am

Dazzy wrote:

Very good call. He’d fit the bill in a number of ways: not expense, plays decent football, can operate on a tight budget. I’d be very happy to give him a go
*expensive

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:22 am

Danny Cowley him and his brother did a good job at Huddersfield

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:34 am

Osian Roberts

Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:14 am

Russell Slade. :lol:

But to be fair we are pretty much in the same position as we were when he took over and he got us to mid table in his first season and to within one game of the play offs in the second.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:00 am

We would never get Eddie Howe and he still has something to prove - spent a lot of money at Bournemouth and his record at Burnley was poor. I suspect he moving not me the success that people expect, but happened to be a good fit for Bournemouth growing with them and a lot of money behind him.

Of the managers out of work, I’d go for Pearson - experienced, style would fit in and has had success in getting out of this league.

Those in work - curve ball, but go and get Cooper. Seriously, if we are serious about bringing through youth and developing young players he has a proper track record (not like Harris) and is clearly building on what they did last year (whilst Harris is moaning that we have some kind of hangover despite having been in the same position as they were).

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:18 am

Lee Bowyer and he likes Welsh players!

Something wrong at the club when the players don’t turn up? What have they been doing all week?

Wouldn’t worry me but it’s become a bit of a trend. Harris has until the November break IMO or we will finish in the bottom 6 not Dalmans wish of the top 6!

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:36 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Eddie How is a premier league manager and wouldnt go to a championship club
Radio Wales eluded to Flynn over at Newport Cewnty

We need to give Harris time in my opinion

I know a lot of County fans and they wanted Flynn sacked not so long ago. Now they are five points clear at the top of League 2 he is the answer to someone else's prayers.

What if Harris wins 5 games in a row? Seems unlikely at the moment but the same thing was said about Flynn.

For now I would agree with you and give Harris time.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:39 am

David Wagner Or Eddie Howe
The thing with Eddie Howe is that he has not got the same backroom staff as he had at Bournemouth so I dont know if that will hinder him joining a club like ours.

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:41 am

Paul Cook is a realistic replacement

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:43 am

Blue78 wrote:We would never get Eddie Howe and he still has something to prove - spent a lot of money at Bournemouth and his record at Burnley was poor. I suspect he moving not me the success that people expect, but happened to be a good fit for Bournemouth growing with them and a lot of money behind him.

Of the managers out of work, I’d go for Pearson - experienced, style would fit in and has had success in getting out of this league.

Those in work - curve ball, but go and get Cooper. Seriously, if we are serious about bringing through youth and developing young players he has a proper track record (not like Harris) and is clearly building on what they did last year (whilst Harris is moaning that we have some kind of hangover despite having been in the same position as they were).

Stranger things have happened but do you really think Cooper would leave Swansea for Cardiff (if it was his decision right now)
It's looking like he's developing something positive at Swansea ? and the owners must think so by allowing him to bring in the players he wants . Its not all roses there atm but its better to be looking down than up, especially in this league
Howe spent a lot of money to get to the PL and B/mouth were fined because of it , would Tan back him as much as Howes old Club would , the signs are no

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:48 am

Harris will be given until Christmas, if we’re not in the top 6, Tan will make a change. Eddie Howe won’t be interested as we don’t play his type of football.Nigel Pearson would be the best bet as he took Leicester to promotion and kept them up and he also kicks players up the arse if they don’t perform!

Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:12 pm

The problem with Pearson is that he does tend to have a habit of falling out with the owners of the clubs he manages.