Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why is Malky Mackay not back managing

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:30 pm

I see a convicted Rapist like Tyson back in the sporting spotlight . Tyson Fury with history of homophobic social media posts . John Terry (Ferdinand gate) with Vila , Yet the Malky brand is toxic? Cancel culture when it suits.

Re: Why is Malky Mackay not back managing

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:43 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I see a convicted Rapist like Tyson back in the sporting spotlight . Tyson Fury with history of homophobic social media posts . John Terry (Ferdinand gate) with Vila , Yet the Malky brand is toxic? Cancel culture when it suits.

yes there is all that...but amongst other things 13 wins out of the last 58 games managed isnt great....

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:48 pm

He is working with the Scottish national team out of the spotlight

Maybe he doesn't want the stress of being a manager again

Maybe nobody wants him because they do not rate him after he failed at Wigan miserably and helped get us relegated

Maybe the racism accusations and kick it out getting involved puts clubs off.

He would probably have to start at the bottom and rebuild his reputation , maybe he just doesn't want to

Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 pm

thomasblue wrote:He is working with the Scottish national team out of the spotlight

Maybe nobody wants him because they do not rate him after he failed at Wigan miserably and helped get us relegated

He would probably have to start at the bottom and rebuild his reputation , maybe he just doesn't want to

i think he left his job with the SFA a month or so ago

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:14 pm

skidemin wrote:
thomasblue wrote:He is working with the Scottish national team out of the spotlight

i think he left his job with the SFA a month or so ago

Good point i missed that, two relegations in a row obviously puts clubs off

Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 pm

Malky didn't get us relegated, Ole did!!

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:09 pm

danielrees17 wrote:Malky didn't get us relegated, Ole did!!

Yeah it had nothing to do with Malky at all. He never wasted multi millions on flops like Cornelius and left us in a relegation scrap at all did he.

When he left we had just got spanked at home by Southampton and were 1 point out of the relegation places in January.
He was as much to blame as Solskjaer

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 pm

blue lagoon wrote:I see a convicted Rapist like Tyson back in the sporting spotlight . Tyson Fury with history of homophobic social media posts . John Terry (Ferdinand gate) with Vila , Yet the Malky brand is toxic? Cancel culture when it suits.

Who does it suit? :?

I'm not saying you're wrong or Malky hasn't been hard done by; but clearly the answer lies with Malky and his potential (or mabe not) suitors and not us

Different people, different sport, different culture

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 pm

How on earth has cancel culture struck Malky down? Since Cardiff, he has spent a season managing Wigan, was caretaker manager of Scotland and has had a job at the SFA for 4 years now.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:51 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:How on earth has cancel culture struck Malky down? Since Cardiff, he has spent a season managing Wigan, was caretaker manager of Scotland and has had a job at the SFA for 4 years now.

its just lagoon...he will put up a non related you tube link up and then move on to his favourite subject . wanting a free gift when he buys his season ticket.. i think he gets Carol Vodaphone mixed up with Ken Choo...

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:04 pm

thomasblue wrote:

Yeah it had nothing to do with Malky at all. He never wasted multi millions on flops like Cornelius and left us in a relegation scrap at all did he.

When he left we had just got spanked at home by Southampton and were 1 point out of the relegation places in January.

He did waste money on cornelius granted but as you say we were 1 point OUT of the relegation zone and it didn't really help being at war with the owner and the fall out was felt by the players weeks beforehand, ole tried to make us a completely different team and got it completely wrong!

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:11 pm

danielrees17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

He did waste money on cornelius granted but as you say we were 1 point OUT of the relegation zone and it didn't really help being at war with the owner and the fall out was felt by the players weeks beforehand, ole tried to make us a completely different team and got it completely wrong!

i watched all the games that season and we had been awful for weeks.... add to that every team malky managed suffered burn out, or poor form for some other reason in feb/ march..i dont see how he would have kept us up... but we will never really know and its on Oles cv not his... what is though is the lack of wins over 60 games...

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Everybody will have their own opinions but personally I really liked Malky and he will always hold a special place for me for getting us into the top division for the first time in my lifetime. Having to continually manage whilst being undermined by an ill advised owner didn't help his cause.

Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

I imagine it’s because he’s a shit manager mostly. And not a very nice person to compound matters.

Don’t know how people can compare Malky with ole one of them has taken a team given no chance to the top of the premier league as it stands. And we got rid of him. Egg on our face.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 am

Awful manager I think. No plan B.

That worked for us in the championship and got us up but we crawled over the line with something like 9 draws in last 14 games.

He didn’t spent money very well. Irony is his free transfer signing was very good. Gunnarsson being the absolute best free transfer signing this club has made I think.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:20 am

skidemin wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:How on earth has cancel culture struck Malky down? Since Cardiff, he has spent a season managing Wigan, was caretaker manager of Scotland and has had a job at the SFA for 4 years now.

its just lagoon...he will put up a non related you tube link up and then move on to his favourite subject . wanting a free gift when he buys his season ticket.. i think he gets Carol Vodaphone mixed up with Ken Choo...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

And In thought it was just me that noticed.... :clap:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:28 am

skidemin wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

i watched all the games that season and we had been awful for weeks.... add to that every team malky managed suffered burn out, or poor form for some other reason in feb/ march..i dont see how he would have kept us up... but we will never really know and its on Oles cv not his... what is though is the lack of wins over 60 games...

I think by then the whole situation had got to the manager and his squad, which is my one big gripe with Malky, i.e. he knew the game was up, played the supporters (us) and the media until it all came out and he retreated rapidly

I personally think he would have staved off relegation but the club were put in a position where they had to sack him to save face on the subject area. I'm not excusing what he said but it was something a lot more people would have said before the enlightening days of PC and respect to other cultures/religions (note some no longer aired TV programmes)

Most youngsters wouldn't think of some of the language used by older generations because they are far more mixed and educated on the subject

I also believe (pretty much know) that Malky wanted to fight on but was advised the costs would finish him; hence the unreserved apology that finally ended the battle which allowed him to go to Wigan

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 am

skidemin wrote:

:lol:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:00 am

Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

I think by then the whole situation had got to the manager and his squad, which is my one big gripe with Malky, i.e. he knew the game was up, played the supporters (us) and the media until it all came out and he retreated rapidly

I personally think he would have staved off relegation but the club were put in a position where they had to sack him to save face on the subject area. I'm not excusing what he said but it was something a lot more people would have said before the enlightening days of PC and respect to other cultures/religions (note some no longer aired TV programmes)

Most youngsters wouldn't think of some of the language used by older generations because they are far more mixed and educated on the subject

I also believe (pretty much know) that Malky wanted to fight on but was advised the costs would finish him; hence the unreserved apology that finally ended the battle which allowed him to go to Wigan

I agree Sven. He played us like a fiddle, reminds me of the Sam did as well and still seems to no matter what harm he’s done to the club and wants to do.

Tans made his mistakes but by god I don’t know where we would be without him at the helm. Possibly biggest mistake was not standing by ole we would have reaped the rewards like Man U are doing with they patience.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:10 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

I agree Sven. He played us like a fiddle, reminds me of the Sam did as well and still seems to no matter what harm he’s done to the club and wants to do.

Tans made his mistakes but by god I don’t know where we would be without him at the helm. Possibly biggest mistake was not standing by ole we would have reaped the rewards like Man U are doing with they patience.

But look at the squad Ole inherited, plus the players he has added,allowed to spend big too, ot easier with massive financial backing?? :old: :bluebird:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 am

bluesince62 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Sven wrote:
skidemin wrote:
danielrees17 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

But look at the squad Ole inherited, plus the players he has added,allowed to spend big too, ot easier with massive financial backing?? :old: :bluebird:

mixed feelings about OGS but whoever had been in charge would have had a hell of a job keeping us up...the 2nd season.. it wasnt just players coming in , it was a sea change..medel , mutch. campbel caulker all went back to the prem for 25 mill ...bellamy retired... and about 4 or 5 squad players left... it became a rebuild with downgrades ... 7 games for me just wasnt enough...

Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 am

Damage was done here for him.

For me its all to do with the racism remarks tagged to him. The main one being against Kimbo who came from a culture that associated with eating dogs. I can't call the exact words but for me is was no great deal. Unfortunately for Malky Tan went to town on it. This caused Malky to retract from any compensation. What I find strange is Kimbo followed Malky to Wigan so to me it could have not been that bad. Perhaps we are living in a sensitive world.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Damage was done here for him.

For me its all to do with the racism remarks tagged to him. The main one being against Kimbo who came from a culture that associated with eating dogs. I can't call the exact words but for me is was no great deal. Unfortunately for Malky Tan went to town on it. This caused Malky to retract from any compensation. What I find strange is Kimbo followed Malky to Wigan so to me it could have not been that bad. Perhaps we are living in a sensitive world.

I can’t remember exactly but I’m sure it wasn’t because kimbo was upset, just a load of texts got leaked probably by someone close to Malky who decided to do the right thing. There no place for what he did with b society let alone football.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:43 am

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Damage was done here for him.

I can’t remember exactly but I’m sure it wasn’t because kimbo was upset, just a load of texts got leaked probably by someone close to Malky who decided to do the right thing. There no place for what he did with b society let alone football.

My recollection is that there were remarks aimed at Tan too in the Mackay/Moody texts.

In most jobs of any type, if you racially insult your boss there are likely to be consequences !!

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:31 am

Lots more than just about Kim.

Nothing worse than most of us would have shared to friends. Silly doing it on a work phone however.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.inde ... html%3famp

Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:50 am

Didn’t we sing a song about Kimbo eating dogs?

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:38 pm

Even multi millionaire Donald Trump found out you don't beat a billionaires.

Mess with Vinny and you'll lose. No one has tried since i note.

Football is supposed to be a results based business, but fashion play an even bigger part. He became toxic and no "awareness courses" were going to change that. If he did well at Wigan and paid his penance he would have been given another chance, but he never and that's it.

He had a dour Mourihno view of the game that's kind of looked down on nowadays as it's not the "right way".

I also think he had a swagger, that i never saw in Slade or Trollope and Harris now. And i think you need that air of "ME" Warnock had it in droves, everything was about him (and never his fault).

He needed to go abroad, but chose the administrator path.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 pm

maccydee wrote:Lots more than just about Kim.

Nothing worse than most of us would have shared to friends. Silly doing it on a work phone however.

Mckay was sacked in December and Moody in October mate.... the offensive texts/ emails came to light the following March during Tans investigation into the pair of them...

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:05 pm

It's probably more to do with him doing a shit job for the last 6 or 7 years, and not the result of some political agenda because he said mean things about an Asian.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
maccydee wrote:Lots more than just about Kim.

Mckay was sacked in December and Moody in October mate.... the offensive texts/ emails came to light the following March during Tans investigation into the pair of them...

I didn’t say different.