Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES...

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 am

‘ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES’, ‘BEYOND A JOKE’ – THESE CARDIFF CITY FANS ARE LIVID AFTER LATEST LOSS
By Chris Gallagher

Cardiff City fell to a sixth successive defeat as they were beaten at home by struggling QPR tonight.

Boss Neil Harris has been under huge pressure in recent weeks, and there was no hiding place for him tonight as the Bluebirds went on their worst run for consecutive losses outside the top-flight since 1993.

Whilst his Cardiff side had a few chances in what was a pretty even game, Chris Willock’s 71st minute strike was enough to separate the sides and condemn the Welsh side to another defeat.

Promotion had been the aim for the Bluebirds ahead of this season, but they trail the play-off places by 13 points at this stage, and they’re just nine above the relegation zone.

As you would expect, fans were calling for Harris to go on social media after the game, with many feeling the results speak for themselves...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES...

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:49 am

Was saying all this month's ago but was labelled 'negative'.

Maybe a lesson that sometimes negativity is correctly placed and some people just see it a bit earlier than others.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:49 am

Indeed - I was pilloried for negativity a few weeks ago, now that is being encouraged!

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 am

I've been accused of being negative many times and each time I've never been given a reason why I should not be. Well I believe I know where the main problem is but if I speak out I get called being negative. If this problem is not sorted we are going down and down. it was only a question of time.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:40 am

Agree to all of the above.

I've seen trends over a season for the last 49 year's, and called this out after the Bristol defeat at home.

I was called everything under the sun, but I stand by everything I said since that game.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 am

Guys, Give it a rest with the 'I told you so' bollocks. When you're negative about absolutely everything, you're going to be right at some point. Whatever your opinion is of Harris, he deserved a fair crack this season after getting us into the playoffs last season. He's been given a chance and he's blown it, big time. Despite the amount of chances/times he's had to turn it around. The majority of fans have wanted him out for a while now as well so get off your high horses.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:32 am

Bakedalasker is the only one of you (above) that can justify their statements...

I'm still looking for the 'called everything under the sun' comments barclay1 received? :?

The other two? Well, one is aptly (and deliberately) named in the negative and the other has NEVER had a good word to say about the club, never mind the manager, well before Neil Harris arrived and with limited exception is only EVER seen when things are not going well :oops:

Look at the thread again...

It is a 'headline' followed by individuals comments; not the direct opinion of this Forum (whether we are with it or not)

As we say, all news printed regardless of its polarity ;)

Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:59 am

Football is all about players first and foremost, but i do beleive he should get a better response from the players. The signings Harris brought in are not bad at all in terms of quality. Warnock has to take some flak as his last summer transfer window was shocking, abysmal. Harris can't be blamed for that at least.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:11 pm

The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that last night's score flattered us.

There could have easily been 2 penalties against us, Smithies pulled off a couple of blinding saves and a couple of chances were disallowed by the ref when nobody could see why.

For a change we actually had a referee on our side, maybe out of sympathy !, and we still never looked liked winning it.

The more you analyse the worse it gets :banghead: :o

Time to go Harris, you're just not up to it.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:20 pm

Absolute Shambles is putting it mildly. The situation is getting worse, not better,,,, no evidence of improvement or progression what so ever,,, and the longer things stay as they are, the worse they are getting.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:24 pm

Escott1927 wrote:Guys, Give it a rest with the 'I told you so' bollocks. When you're negative about absolutely everything, you're going to be right at some point. Whatever your opinion is of Harris, he deserved a fair crack this season after getting us into the playoffs last season. He's been given a chance and he's blown it, big time. Despite the amount of chances/times he's had to turn it around. The majority of fans have wanted him out for a while now as well so get off your high horses.

totally agree about being given a chance after that run.... personally i think the chance should have ended after the Coventry game... this 2nd poor run should really be the end though..

Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:49 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:Guys, Give it a rest with the 'I told you so' bollocks. When you're negative about absolutely everything, you're going to be right at some point. Whatever your opinion is of Harris, he deserved a fair crack this season after getting us into the playoffs last season. He's been given a chance and he's blown it, big time. Despite the amount of chances/times he's had to turn it around. The majority of fans have wanted him out for a while now as well so get off your high horses.

totally agree about being given a chance after that run.... personally i think the chance should have ended after the Coventry game... this 2nd poor run should really be the end though..

I lost faith after the Coventry game as well. And he still hasn't improved things now despite his promises after each loss. Amazed hes still here to be honest.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Sven wrote:Bakedalasker is the only one of you (above) that can justify their statements...

I'm still looking for the 'called everything under the sun' comments barclay1 received? :?

The other two? Well, one is aptly (and deliberately) named in the negative and the other has NEVER had a good word to say about the club, never mind the manager, well before Neil Harris arrived and with limited exception is only EVER seen when things are not going well :oops:

Look at the thread again...

It is a 'headline' followed by individuals comments; not the direct opinion of this Forum (whether we are with it or not)

As we say, all news printed regardless of its polarity ;)

the negative posters was saying same thing about NW "hoofball" and basically all other managers style of football since Mackay so as the old advidge goes say it enough and you'll get it right sounds about right for this forum. :old: