Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why did sky sports give Harris a platform

Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:50 am

Why did Sky Sports give Neil Harris a platform to spout the biggest crock of shite I have ever heard.

The only thing that comes out of South Asia is low-budget commercial manufactoring - because of their mass-produce structuring.

Why would Asian players need opportunities in British professional football when so much of our own home-produced quality lads are disguarded through the system.

If Harris believes in the Asian player so vehmently he should move over there and work from within their football structure.

Of late, the only thing the Chinese have produced lately is COVID-19.

The WHO will undoubtedly prove that if they are not clamped by the China Communist structure.

Re: Why did sky sports give Harris a platform

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:00 am

Surely allowed his opinion?

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:10 am

maccydee wrote:Surely allowed his opinion?

Underlying factor behind this

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:31 am

If Harris believes in the Asian player so vehmently he should move over there and work from within their football structure.

Maybe he loves Asian food and was making a pitch for a new job there?

:laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 am

Around 7% of the UK’s population is Asian so either already a decent chunk of Sky’s audience are Asian or they’ve checked their subscribers data and they’re trying to tap into a new market.

Our current squad has 25 Brits, 2 Africans, 1 European and 1 North American. Point me to a young homegrown player that missed out on making the Cardiff squad to accommodate all zero of our Asian players. Hmmmm

In the last decade off the top of my head I can only think of 5 Asian players that have played in England:
Park - Man Utd
Son - Spurs
Kim bo
Etheridge (Who was born in London anyways)
Ki - Swansea

At the end of the day if a player is not good enough they’re either sold or don’t receive a new contract, regardless of their nationality.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 am

Always City wrote:Why did Sky Sports give Neil Harris a platform to spout the biggest crock of shite I have ever heard.

The only thing that comes out of South Asia is low-budget commercial manufactoring - because of their mass-produce structuring.

Why would Asian players need opportunities in British professional football when so much of our own home-produced quality lads are disguarded through the system.

Of late, the only thing the Chinese have produced lately is COVID-19.

The WHO will undoubtedly prove that if they are not clamped by the China Communist structure.

And if he hadn't been the ex city manager would you be bovered.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:15 am

South Asia refers to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Not China. Have to agree regarding Harris being given a platform though seemed odd to me. Although a lot of managers go on tv and radio after a few months to defend themselves after being sacked to try and put their face in front of prospective employers. I’m guessing a Cardiff game was the only way he’d get the air time

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:35 am

Both Sky and the Beeb are more than a little mischievous in doing such things after a manager has left; but it is understandable given their recent 'history' with their previous clubs at those times

We only notice this because Harris was with us but they do it a lot; sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's (ahem) a little ill-advised or even mischievous

The Beeb's 'Match of the Day' in particular did it with Malky after he was sacked as an 'act of solidarity with their wronged brother'

Neil Warnock is always a popular 'pundit' with Sky Sports, so his return (until he got the 'Boro job) was pretty obvious

After Friday's performance, I doubt they'll be inviting Harris back anytime soon though...

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:28 pm

Sven wrote:Both Sky and the Beeb are more than a little mischievous in doing such things after a manager has left; but it is understandable given their recent 'history' with their previous clubs at those times

We only notice this because Harris was with us but they do it a lot; sometimes it's a good thing and sometimes it's (ahem) a little ill-advised or even mischievous

The Beeb's 'Match of the Day' in particular did it with Malky after he was sacked as an 'act of solidarity with their wronged brother'

Neil Warnock is always a popular 'pundit' with Sky Sports, so his return (until he got the 'Boro job) was pretty obvious

After Friday's performance, I doubt they'll be inviting Harris back anytime soon though...

They did the same thing with DJ too.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:30 pm

I'm the last person to defend Neil Harris.

But his comments about Asian footballers came during a special segment they had, where Chris Powell also spoke at length about it.

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm the last person to defend Neil Harris.

But his comments about Asian footballers came during a special segment they had, where Chris Powell also spoke at length about it.

Not Chris Powell too???

String them both up I say.