Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest "

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:01 pm

Denmark's team doctor confirmed that Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest.

He said:

"He was gone. We did cardiac resuscitation, it was a cardiac arrest. How close were we to losing him? I don't know, but we got him back after one defib so that's quite fast. The examinations that have been done so far look fine. We don't have an explanation to why it happened."

Christian Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest during Denmark's game against Finland in Copenhagen in Euro 2020 on Saturday.

Christian Eriksen has collapsed during Denmark's game against Finland at Euro 2020.

He appeared to receive CPR on the pitch.

UEFA later confirmed that Eriksen had been transferred to hospital and been stabilised.

His agent said that Eriksen had been awake and talking to family.

He will remain in hospital for further examinations.

Re: " Christian Eriksen collapses "

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:04 pm

Sending my prayers to him and his family. Probably the most awful thing I've seen on a football pitch.

SADLY BREAKING: DENMARK V FINLAND GAME STOPPED

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:05 pm

This evenings Euro game between Denmark and Finland has been postponed during the game after former Spurs man Christian Eriksen collapsed to the ground of his own accord

No further information at this time but it looked very serious

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:08 pm

Denmark‘s opening Euro 2020 game against Finland in Copenhagen has been halted after Danish player Christian Eriksen appeared to collapse on the field.

Medical staff were quick to attend to him while his teammates, opposition and coaching staff were visibily sticken by the scenes unfolding at the Parken Stadium.

Referee Anthony Taylor called a halt to proceedings shortly before half-time with Finnish players retiring to the dressing room. Danish players remained on the field as doctors attended to Eriksen.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 pm

I hope to God he pulls through, I’m genuinely gutted.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:15 pm

Awful scenes.
Can only pray.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Terrible. Hope the lad makes a swift recovery.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:23 pm

Erikson was breathing and conscious
Thank god

Still wishing him alongside the football world he has a swift recovery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sam ReaN on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Praying that he is alright and makes a full recovery.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:28 pm

Reports saying was sat up on stretcher as left field but not confirmed... :?

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 pm

BeIN Sport Reports Erikson Is In A Stable Condition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm

Denmark's Euro 2020 game against Finland was suspended after Christian Eriksen collapsed on the field, in distressing scenes in Copenhagen.

Eriksen, the former Tottenham midfielder, was given CPR treatment by medical staff as stunned team-mates watched on in tears, with the game called off around 6pm.

Three minutes before the end of the first-half, Eriksen fell to the floor as he ran to control the ball from a throw-in, with no players near him, and English referee Anthony Taylor immediately called for assistance.

Eriksen appeared to receive heart treatment from medics, with some of his Denmark team-mates praying as the Parken Stadium fell silent.

TV cameras panned away as the Inter Milan player received further medical attention, with Eriksen's partner Sabrina comforted by Denmark captain Simon Kjaer and goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel on the pitch.

Officials at the stadium held up two white sheets to ensure supporters could not see Eriksen being treated.

BBC's Match of The Day were screening the game and ended the scheduled show shortly after 6pm, when news of the postponement had been made official.

The sickening incident evoked memories of Fabrice Muamba, the former Bolton midfielder, who suffered a cardiac arrest in an FA Cup tie against Tottenham nine years ago.

Muamba tweeted on Saturday night 'Please God'.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Reports saying was sat up on stretcher as left field but not confirmed... :?

Just seen a picture of him leaving pitch with oxygen mask on looked awake.. :clap:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Reports saying was sat up on stretcher as left field but not confirmed... :?

Just seen a picture of him leaving pitch with oxygen mask on looked awake.. :clap:

BBC News now reporting he is in hospital, stabilised and improving...

Let's hope for a Muamba style full recovery... :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:12 pm

It's just been announced that he has been treated in hospital and is recovering. :clap:

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:15 pm

Players are happy that he’s now fine and are willing to carry on playing the game, game restarts at 7:30 BST they’ll play 4 mins then have 5 mins half time followed by the 2nd half

Wishing Erickson a speedy recovery

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Are BBC going to cover it?

Their over paid presenters might not be up to it after watching them Sky have covered this far better than the good old BBC.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Are BBC going to cover it?

Their over paid presenters might not be up to it after watching them Sky have covered this far better than the good old BBC.

For once, well done the BBC. My thoughts are with CE and his family and to the players for playing the game.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder 'awake' after collapsing on pitch -

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen is "awake" in hospital after collapsing in the Euro 2020 match against Finland, said the Danish Football Association.

The 29-year-old Inter Milan player's condition has "stabilised", according to tournament organisers Uefa.

The game in Copenhagen was suspended before half-time after the former Spurs playmaker fell to the ground and was given emergency treatment on the field.

Finland won the Group B match 1-0 after it restarted at 19:30 BST.

Danish players were applauded on to the pitch by their opponents as they returned to the field to resume the game.

Uefa said it agreed to restart the match "following the request made by players of both teams".

The final five minutes of the first half were played, before a five-minute half-time break and the second half.

Peter Moller of the Danish Football Association told Danmarks Radio: "We have been in contact with him [Eriksen] and the players have spoken to Christian. He is doing well and they are playing the match for Christian".

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand was in tears at the post-match news conference.

"It was a really tough evening, on which we've all been reminded what the most important things in life are. It's meaningful relationships. It's those people who are close to us. It's family and friends," he said.

"Everything, everything, everything - all thoughts are with Christian and his family."

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:46 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder 'awake' after collapsing on pitch -

Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen is "awake" in hospital after collapsing in the Euro 2020 match against Finland, said the Danish Football Association.

The 29-year-old Inter Milan player's condition has "stabilised", according to tournament organisers Uefa.

The game in Copenhagen was suspended before half-time after the former Spurs playmaker fell to the ground and was given emergency treatment on the field.

Finland won the Group B match 1-0 after it restarted at 19:30 BST.

Danish players were applauded on to the pitch by their opponents as they returned to the field to resume the game.

Uefa said it agreed to restart the match "following the request made by players of both teams".

The final five minutes of the first half were played, before a five-minute half-time break and the second half.

Peter Moller of the Danish Football Association told Danmarks Radio: "We have been in contact with him [Eriksen] and the players have spoken to Christian. He is doing well and they are playing the match for Christian".

Denmark head coach Kasper Hjulmand was in tears at the post-match news conference.

"It was a really tough evening, on which we've all been reminded what the most important things in life are. It's meaningful relationships. It's those people who are close to us. It's family and friends," he said.

"Everything, everything, everything - all thoughts are with Christian and his family."

Good news that he is awake and talking.

Looked very worrying at the time.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:32 am

Football is a winter game basically. Maybe no matter how fit you are, it isn’t safe playing and training in boiling hot mid summer temperatures.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:31 am

Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Football is a winter game basically. Maybe no matter how fit you are, it isn’t safe playing and training in boiling hot mid summer temperatures.

You've got to worry about the world cup for European teams who are not use to 30+ temperatures even allowing for drink breaks that are being put in place.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Head coach Kasper Hjulmand said Eriksen had told him he did not remember much from Saturday's collapse and that he was eager to get back on to the pitch.

Hjulmand quoted the midfielder as saying: "I think you are feeling worse than I am. I feel as if I'm about to go training now, boys."

Full report - https://www.skysports.com/football/news/17248/12331645/christian-eriksen-denmark-team-doctor-says-midfielder-was-gone-but-medical-tests-look-normal-so-far

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Denmark's team doctor confirmed that Eriksen suffered a cardiac arrest.

He said:

"He was gone. We did cardiac resuscitation, it was a cardiac arrest. How close were we to losing him? I don't know, but we got him back after one defib so that's quite fast. The examinations that have been done so far look fine. We don't have an explanation to why it happened."

Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Winchmore Hill Bluebird wrote:Football is a winter game basically. Maybe no matter how fit you are, it isn’t safe playing and training in boiling hot mid summer temperatures.

You've got to worry about the world cup for European teams who are not use to 30+ temperatures even allowing for drink breaks that are being put in place.

The Qatar WC is being held at winter where day temperatures will be mid 20's at the most. Also I'm not sure why Winchmore is linking Eriksen collapsing with the temperature? He's spent all season playing and training in Italy without issue but collapsed playing in Denmark.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:19 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The Qatar WC is being held at winter where day temperatures will be mid 20's at the most. Also I'm not sure why Winchmore is linking Eriksen collapsing with the temperature? He's spent all season playing and training in Italy without issue but collapsed playing in Denmark.

its been reported that he had Pfizer vaccine at Inter Milan a couple of weeks ago and so did Arturo Vidal who is also in hospital now with Covid. sounds like there could be a link there.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:33 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

its been reported that he had Pfizer vaccine at Inter Milan a couple of weeks ago and so did Arturo Vidal who is also in hospital now with Covid. sounds like there could be a link there.

I'm not sure how a cardiac arrest and being infected with Covid can be linked with both players having the Pfizer vaccine? Millions of people have had the Pfizer vaccine, myself included.
Unfortunately these things just happen sometimes regardless of how fit and healthy the person is. Fabrice Muamba, Nouri, Cheick Tiote are just a few names I can think of who have collapsed due to heart problems.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:03 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm not sure how a cardiac arrest and being infected with Covid can be linked with both players having the Pfizer vaccine? Millions of people have had the Pfizer vaccine, myself included.
Unfortunately these things just happen sometimes regardless of how fit and healthy the person is. Fabrice Muamba, Nouri, Cheick Tiote are just a few names I can think of who have collapsed due to heart problems.

If he was Covid positive without knowing or had an adverse reactio then it is sure to affect his breathing when running at high intensity during a match which in turn would put pressure on his heart. I am no doctor but the fact that two players from the same club team both recently having received a vaccine have had problems suggests there may be a link. And by the way, I am no anti vaxxer as I have had both doses of AZ - it just seems a little more than coincidence to me that they both fell ill shortly afterwards. You may of course be right and that it was just one of those things that happen, but there have been issues with certain people having problems post vaccination.

Re: " Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest "

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm

He did not have any vaccination, nor has he had Covid !!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... apsed.html

Christian Eriksen's club side have dismissed online rumours the midfielder had been given the Covid vaccine or contracted the virus before his collapse during last night's match.

Millions of fans saw the 29-year-old footballer fall to the floor on Saturday before he was given life-saving cardiac treatment on the pitch during Denmark's opening match defeat to Finland.

He was later described as stable and awake and was able to send a message to teammates at Seria A side Inter Milan assuring them 'he's good'.

Danish footballer Christian Eriksen as he was stretchered off from the pitch in Copenhagen +3
Danish footballer Christian Eriksen as he was stretchered off from the pitch in Copenhagen

'I'm good': Christian Eriksen sent WhatsApp message to his...

But some people online spread rumours the incident may have been related to the jab while others wondered if he had caught the virus.

But Inter have quickly moved to quash the rumour.

Club director Giuseppe Marotta told Rai Sport: 'He didn't have COVID and wasn't vaccinated either.

'At this moment, Eriksen is under the guidance of the Danish medical staff.

Giuseppe Marotta said the rumours are not true

'It is right that they release information, but I can say the Inter medical staff have been in contact with them from the start.

''The players are very close and we all immediately communicated with each other after seeing those images.

'We didn't want to be invasive and so tried to respect his convalescence once we had been reassured.'

Former Bolton Wanderers midfielder Fabrice Muamba said that Eriksen's collapse brought back painful memories of his cardiac arrest on the pitch in an FA Cup match in 2012.

The ex-England under-21 midfielder had to retire soon after at the age of 24

Re: " Christian Eriksen suffered cardiac arrest "

Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:45 pm

That was a tough watch. I was one of the fans that helped when the Huddersfield fan collapsed outside the ground and nothing prepares you to have to do cpr. But it is so vitally important to know those skills. Eriksen apparently only needed one shock but the fact is he was able to have that shock within a couple of minutes. We need those life saving devices all over the place to try and save more lives.