Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONFIRMED: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN 4TH PLAYER '

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am

Rohan Luthra signs for Cardiff City after passing his medical and CEO Ken Choo signing a one year contract with the free agent.

Luthra had a trial period with Cardiff before the Welsh club gave him a contract.

Rohan Luthra says "huge club' Cardiff have most passionate fans in Britain, for me this is a massive move and one of the biggest clubs."

Rohan Luthra was released by Crystal Palace and became a free agent, Luthra is Cardiff City's 4th signing so far and all four are free transfers, with all clubs releasing the players.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff complete signing of England youth goalkeeper Rohan Luthra; Punjabi shot-stopper Luthra spent 11 years at Crystal Palace where he made his debut for the U18s aged just 15;

Sky Sports News Luthra's Cardiff move is huge for Britain's South Asians community

Friday 25 June 2021

Goalkeeper Rohan Luthra says he could not pass up the opportunity to sign for "huge club" Cardiff City.

Sky Sports News this week revealed Luthra would be joining the Bluebirds and taking on a new challenge after spending 11 years in the system at Premier League side Crystal Palace.

The 19-year-old underwent a medical and met Bluebirds chief executive Ken Choo before signing his new contract and becoming a Cardiff City player.

Luthra links up with the club's U23s and will begin training under former Millwall and Wales international striker Steve Morison on Thursday.

"I am so proud and so excited to join Cardiff City," Luthra told Sky Sports News.

"This is a huge football club with a rich history and some of the most passionate supporters in Britain. I really hope I can get the chance to play in front of them in the future.

"I know there is a lot of hard work ahead. I'm really looking forward to getting to know my team-mates and learning from all of the staff at the club. I cannot wait to get started."

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144783 :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CONFIRMED: ' CARDIFF CITY SIGN 4TH PLAYER '

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:12 am

Got an Etheridge feel to this

Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Good to see we are getting the youngsters in

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Wonder if this means if Smithies might be on his way out. Sounds like a very promising player but difficult to get too excited about a player who will almost certainly not play for us in the next couple of season. In fact do we really need another keeper even a young one when the two we have are so good?

Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Crayfish wrote:Wonder if this means if Smithies might be on his way out. Sounds like a very promising player but difficult to get too excited about a player who will almost certainly not play for us in the next couple of season. In fact do we really need another keeper even a young one when the two we have are so good?

As you say, I guess this means Smithies is likely to move on. I just don’t think we can justify keeping a keeper of Smithies or Phillips quality on the bench and, more importantly, they are unlikely to accept that either.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:31 pm

Probably Smithies to go, Phillips to become number 1. Ratcliffe as back up. New boy as number 3/ under 23s

Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:05 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Probably Smithies to go, Phillips to become number 1. Ratcliffe as back up. New boy as number 3/ under 23s

yes under23s...infact we have signed 3 under 23s

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222564

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:Got an Etheridge feel to this

Racist

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:47 pm

Welcome :bluebird: