Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CONFIRMED: CARDIFF SELL PLAYER FOR £428,000

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:36 am

maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:It's the conversation which led to to the £428k I'm intrigued by.
Such a strange amount.
It seems we have a couple of second hand car spivs on the transfer committee.

Maybe the worst attempt to discredit the transfer committee while making yourself looking a complete c**t yet. I know there is a lot of competition but you are up there

:lol: :lol:

Fair do’s made me laugh and a top post mate.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:37 am

maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:It's the conversation which led to to the £428k I'm intrigued by.
Such a strange amount.

Maybe the worst attempt to discredit the transfer committee while making yourself looking a complete c**t yet. I know there is a lot of competition but you are up there

I bow to your wisdom Mr Fat Controller

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:48 am

stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

Mate, Maccydee is a control freak and if you disagree with him, he tries to belittle you.
Of course we are still making fools of ourselves in the transfer market, pathetic deals time and time again.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:36 am

Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

Mate, Maccydee is a control freak and if you disagree with him, he tries to belittle you.
Of course we are still making fools of ourselves in the transfer market, pathetic deals time and time again.

I mean the only one belittling here is Mr Wicket. First calling our committee spivs and then me fat.

Neither are true and the fact remains he looks a tool.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:54 am

People can try dress this up as much as they like. Overall, it's been a terrible transfer. Yes, we've saved on wages and received a small fee. But quoting the figures, in the space of 2 seasons we've lost 5mill on the original transfer fee. Transfers like this where we massively over pay on the fee and players wages are the reason we are still in considerable debt despite recent promotions.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:00 pm

maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

I mean the only one belittling here is Mr Wicket. First calling our committee spivs and then me fat.

You called him a c**t and then implied others on this board are as well :lol:

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:48 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

No sense of humour. He calls me a c**t and tool I look at his profile
he says he's a Sargent in the RAF and works as an air traffic controller. That's, why I called him the the fat controller.
If his occupation is as he says it his he's the useless c**t for posting his occupation on a social media message board.Perhaps a call to the RAF will get the c**t kicked out.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Escott1927 wrote:People can try dress this up as much as they like. Overall, it's been a terrible transfer. Yes, we've saved on wages and received a small fee. But quoting the figures, in the space of 2 seasons we've lost 5mill on the original transfer fee. Transfers like this where we massively over pay on the fee and players wages are the reason we are still in considerable debt despite recent promotions.

you are aware clubs havent got the money now they had 2 years ago ? the market has changed thats a fact.
so whatever fee we receive is not really comparable now is it.... things in life change..
as for... the transfers like this line.... NO club sets out to buy players that do not work out... but invariably ALL clubs do buy players that do not work out..... its because football isnt a science every transfer is a gamble always has been always will be...
1 year left on this fellas contract and clubs having had no gate receipts or match day income for more than 12 months ..what price would you expect ..dressing it up....sounds like you want a fairy tale club where we spend the least but are the best ..

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

how many players who were bought for fees have been let go this window for no fee at all ?
ill give your list a start....Andre Ayew cost £18 mill and 80k a wk.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:31 pm

stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

he says he's a Sargent in the RAF and works as an air traffic controller. That's, why I called him the the fat controller.
If his occupation is as he says it his he's the useless c**t for posting his occupation on a social media message board.Perhaps a call to the RAF will get the c**t kicked out.

Kicked out of the RAF? For what?

I didn’t call anyone a c**t I said they made themselves look a c**t for the post about the transfer committee. Which to be fair they did.

I don’t know Mr Wicket so I don’t know if he is or not. However his post made him look like one. I base that on the fact he tried to use the fact it was a strange number as a means of beating the committee yet there was clear explanation as to why the price was so.

Re: Glatzel sale price - £425,000

Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:21 am

skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Im sorry, but a 5m hit again for a player!!! Another warnock signing thats cost the club.

Whats that to do with smanything i said?? I was referring to warnock, znd his belief he could mold him into a championship striker!! And the fee he thought he was worth@ if you go back, you will finx I thought we paid over tge odds for him, bug still think he was a decent player, not changed my opinion on that.

:laughing5: :laughing5:
youve spent 2 years going on about how good Glatzel is....

so Warnocks opinion of him was in line with yours in that he is a decent player..

Yes, but I wasn't spending 5.5m on him ! I said he was decent , but we overpaid, what more you want? For me to say I'm shit at picking a player? It's not my remit though, some people saw/see warnock as a god, he tried to play him in an alien system to him, it was never going to work with how we play, even this coming season it won't change much imho, I pray to be wrong though, and hope we play some football, not f@cking route one shit again.

Warnock is /was a highly paid manager, it's his remit to know if a player suits, I'm just a punter who pays my money, I lose no sleep over my thoughts on a player, and I can guarantee warnock doesn't, as it's not his money he's spending! I'm not gutted don't worry, as I believe he isn't suited to championship football , and is better off back where he suits the football more.

I suppose every player you chose has gone on to be a star ? I'm not a manager like you, for a reason ! :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:46 am

900€ according to the German sites ,still a terrible loss tho

Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:54 am

Bye Glatzel

Strange sum and a big loss financially again

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:22 am

maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

I didn’t call anyone a c**t I said they made themselves look a c**t for the post about the transfer committee. Which to be fair they did.

I don’t know Mr Wicket so I don’t know if he is or not. However his post made him look like one. I base that on the fact he tried to use the fact it was a strange number as a means of beating the committee yet there was clear explanation as to why the price was so.

Your not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree Mr Fat controller.
It took me 30,secs to find your job and Location Here's a part of the U.K guidelines to service personnel regards using social media.
I suggest you amend your profile.
"Consider whether you wish to identify yourself, your colleagues, family members or your location, and how you are representing your profession.
Ask yourself what information are you giving away when you check into many locations over a long period of time? Is it possible that people could use your location to work out your routine, or where you live"
Em ring any bells...

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:32 am

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Shocking business and unbelievable loss.

But a big wage earner of the wages.

Not sure the club can really be blamed that much, is it even avoidable making losses on players unless they were hidden gems/teenagers when they were signed?
A few years back it would’ve been bad business but a comparative replacement in the current climate isn’t going to cost anywhere near 5mil. Clubs have to have much tighter purse strings these days. He was unlikely to play so a we’ve got a fee and chunk of wages freed up for new signings, signings whose value will have been slashed compared to a few years ago.

What ever way you say it or twist it, the truth is we can’t afford losses like that.

its not twisting anything though .. there is a lot less money around...

A lot less money where? In top-teir football
:lol: you my friend are having a laugh :laughing6:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:46 am

ThomasC wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Shocking business and unbelievable loss.

But a big wage earner of the wages.

Not sure the club can really be blamed that much, is it even avoidable making losses on players unless they were hidden gems/teenagers when they were signed?
A few years back it would’ve been bad business but a comparative replacement in the current climate isn’t going to cost anywhere near 5mil. Clubs have to have much tighter purse strings these days. He was unlikely to play so a we’ve got a fee and chunk of wages freed up for new signings, signings whose value will have been slashed compared to a few years ago.

What ever way you say it or twist it, the truth is we can’t afford losses like that.

its not twisting anything though .. there is a lot less money around...

A lot less money where? In top-teir football
:lol: you my friend are having a laugh :laughing6:

hate to break this to you but we are not in the top tier.....

Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:05 am

stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

It took me 30,secs to find your job and Location Here's a part of the U.K guidelines to service personnel regards using social media.
"Consider whether you wish to identify yourself, your colleagues, family members or your location, and how you are representing your profession.
Ask yourself what information are you giving away when you check into many locations over a long period of time? Is it possible that people could use your location to work out your routine, or where you live"
Em ring any bells...

Yep fully aware of all of that.

Try and work out my routine then from anything I have posted. I’m allowed to identify myself as a member of the Armed Forces. Social media like Facebook and Twitter are completely different to websites.

I live in Oxfordshire. It’s a big place.

Mr Wicket. I have added you as a foe. You are now blocked. I don’t have time or inclination to debate with people like you even if you are a Cardiff fan (albeit one who criticises the club).

Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:57 am

stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

Em ring any bells...

Got to be honest that's as sad and pathetic a post I've seen for some time... :roll:

Not only have joined in the very thing you criticise but you have also highlighted aspects that you have clearly misinterpreted

Whilst your posts often amuse me there are aspects that are very disappointing on so many levels :oops:

Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:15 pm

So our national security is under threat because Neil posted on a message board?

We know who to blame now when we have a Lockdown with solders patrolling our streets.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:So our national security is under threat because Neil posted on a message board?

We know who to blame now when we have a Lockdown with solders patrolling our streets.

I was baffled.

I suppose you can read anything you want into guidance given. The guidance I regularly have to explain to my guys.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:22 pm

stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

Em ring any bells...

And saying I’m not the brightest bulb when you your opening line is spelt incorrectly is the height of irony.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Sven wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Such a strange amount.

Em ring any bells...

Got to be honest that's as sad and pathetic a post I've seen for some time... :roll:

Not only have joined in the very thing you criticise but you have also highlighted aspects that you have clearly misinterpreted

Whilst your posts often amuse me there are aspects that are very disappointing on so many levels :oops:

Have to agree mate it’s nothing short of pathetic and he’s clutching at straws to try to make a comeback after calling the transfer committee spivs.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:57 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:People can try dress this up as much as they like. Overall, it's been a terrible transfer. Yes, we've saved on wages and received a small fee. But quoting the figures, in the space of 2 seasons we've lost 5mill on the original transfer fee. Transfers like this where we massively over pay on the fee and players wages are the reason we are still in considerable debt despite recent promotions.

you are aware clubs havent got the money now they had 2 years ago ? the market has changed thats a fact.
so whatever fee we receive is not really comparable now is it.... things in life change..
as for... the transfers like this line.... NO club sets out to buy players that do not work out... but invariably ALL clubs do buy players that do not work out..... its because football isnt a science every transfer is a gamble always has been always will be...
1 year left on this fellas contract and clubs having had no gate receipts or match day income for more than 12 months ..what price would you expect ..dressing it up....sounds like you want a fairy tale club where we spend the least but are the best ..

Sounds like you're living in a fairy tale if you think this is acceptable business. Its been happening for years. Why else do we still owe tan so much money? Regardless if it happens at every club, it has Still been a terrible transfer.
We sold Patterson as he was surplus to requirements, high earner, fund other transfers etc and people are still crying over that. Weve done exactly the same thing with glatzel but lost 5mill on top and people are happy with it. Right decision to move him on but just because weve cut our losses doesn't make it OK. Terrible transfer overall. Thats a fact!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:09 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Sounds like you're living in a fairy tale if you think this is acceptable business. Its been happening for years. Why else do we still owe tan so much money? Regardless if it happens at every club, it has Still been a terrible transfer.
We sold Patterson as he was surplus to requirements, high earner, fund other transfers etc and people are still crying over that. Weve done exactly the same thing with glatzel but lost 5mill on top and people are happy with it. Right decision to move him on but just because weve cut our losses doesn't make it OK. Terrible transfer overall. Thats a fact!

knowing that we have had a pandemic which has changed the market completely...
and that ALL clubs have transfers that work out both better and worse than expected is not fairy tale land. .its paying attention to the realities of football not behaving like ive just spent my last quid on an ice cream thats now fallen on the floor.... ..

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:28 pm

The way we play doesn't seem to suit a lot of forwards, case in point is Cornelius who looked quite good when he came on today.

We pay a lot, don't play them once we get them and realise that they're more suited to the european game & then sell them on for a huge loss.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

knowing that we have had a pandemic which has changed the market completely...
and that ALL clubs have transfers that work out both better and worse than expected is not fairy tale land. .its paying attention to the realities of football not behaving like ive just spent my last quid on an ice cream thats now fallen on the floor.... ..

Yes some transfers work out and some don't. Thank you for that, wise football guru. Ive never said otherwise. But this transfer hasn't worked out, like a lot of our transfers havnt in the last few years either - pre pandemic as well. Still havnt answered why we owe so much to tan if our business hasn't been consistently poor? This has been a bad transfer which I will lose zero sleep over. I have given my opinion on it, like you have. So your analogy is pretty stupid to be honest.

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:The way we play doesn't seem to suit a lot of forwards, case in point is Cornelius who looked quite good when he came on today.

We pay a lot, don't play them once we get them and realise that they're more suited to the european game & then sell them on for a huge loss.

Well it's no coincidence that any striker who is good in other teams fail miserably because they're asked to do a job that is alien to them and that is be a workhorse playing on his own upfront with little or no support... kieffa done wonders last season but will he be able to repeat the feat this season knowing MM uses him in two positions and refuses to take him off even when knackered..