UPDATED: “ Derby County sanction verdict “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:12 am

Couldn't happen to a nicer snowgate club.

Updated:

Now Wayne Rooney threatens to quit :lol:

Sky Sports:

Wayne Rooney told Sky sports he will consider quitting as Derby manager if the club are relegated to League One after Derby were found guilty of a number charges against the club.

Disciplinary Commission - Derby County sanction verdict and fixture list publication

Thursday 24th June 2021

An independent Disciplinary Commission has delivered its verdict on sanctions for Derby County relating to ongoing disciplinary proceedings.

In May, an Independent League Arbitration Panel ruled that the Disciplinary Commission was wrong to dismiss the League’s expert accountancy evidence, which demonstrated that the Club’s policy regarding the amortisation of player registrations was contrary to standard accounting rules.

More specifically, the panel determined that the Club’s policy was not in accordance with accounting standard FRS102 because it failed to accurately reflect the manner in which the Club takes the benefit of player registrations over the lifetime of a player’s contract.

Tonight, the Disciplinary Commission has announced that the sanction to be imposed in respect of those breaches, is a financial penalty of £100,000 to be paid to the EFL and a reprimand for the Club as to its future conduct regarding the preparation of its Annual Accounts.

In addition, the Club has also been ordered to file restated accounts for financial years ending 30 June 2016, 2017 and 2018 that meet the requirements of FRS102, together with updated Profit & Sustainability calculations if necessary.

Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision.

That being the case, ahead of the publication of the 2021/22 season fixture lists on 24 June at 9am, the EFL can confirm that it has developed an interchangeable fixture list for Derby County and Wycombe Wanderers, while the disciplinary process is finalised.

The fixture list for both the Championship and League One will be published in full based on the 2020/21 final standings, pending any appeals relating to this decision.
Igovernor

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Derby County sanction verdict “

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:51 am

Can't see any retrospective points deduction from here on in but we live in hope...

We know all about the Derby County mentality and it cost us a couple of seasons ago, so nothing should surprise us :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:10 am

Sven wrote:Can't see any retrospective points deduction from here on in but we live in hope...

We know all about the Derby County mentality and it cost us a couple of seasons ago, so nothing should surprise us :(

Points deduction only if EFL appeals this decision.... but get impression that derby are worried this may happen as they're calling into question the legality of EFL giving points deduction.
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:16 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:Can't see any retrospective points deduction from here on in but we live in hope...

Points deduction only if EFL appeals this decision.... but get impression that derby are worried this may happen as they're calling into question the legality of EFL giving points deduction.

Yes, indeed; but I'm not sure the EFL will have the appetite for the fight. Sadly, I feel Derby will be in the Championship next season and it will al be swept under the table as the two sides are to 'leave it at that' claiming to be hard done by this result :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby castleblue » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:50 am

pembroke allan wrote:

I would be surprised if the EFL appeal this decision because they will know that if the fine is changed to a points deduction then Derby will have the right to appeal that decision and that could take any appeal beyond the start of the new season and that would be chaos.

I think the EFL asking for restated accounts covering 3 seasons will worry Derby more because if they show the club has broken EFL rules that could open up further charges against Derby.

Not over by a long way and Derby may be about to suffer death by a thousand cuts and in my opinion it couldn't happen to a more deserving club.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:11 pm

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I would be surprised if the EFL appeal this decision because they will know that if the fine is changed to a points deduction then Derby will have the right to appeal that decision and that could take any appeal beyond the start of the new season and that would be chaos.

I think the EFL asking for restated accounts covering 3 seasons will worry Derby more because if they show the club has broken EFL rules that could open up further charges against Derby.

Not over by a long way and Derby may be about to suffer death by a thousand cuts and in my opinion it couldn't happen to a more deserving club.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yes they deserve the stiffer punishment as they deliberately tried to cheat ffp over several years by thinking they were being clever... but points deduction could be given for next season if EFL wanted too.. but interestingly EFL have put in place alternative fixtures for them and wycombe to swap places this season.. .... as you say not over by long way
pembroke allan

Postby Pembroke bluebird » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Just relegate the twats
Pembroke bluebird

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:52 pm

I think you will find that they are not talking of a points deduction here, they are talking about relegating Derby with Wycombe taking their place in the championship. It would be unlikely for the EFL to make a retropective points deduction so any points deduction would be this new season, as they have done so in the past eg: Sheffield Wednsday, so the EFL would not bother to make two alterate fixtures for Derby and Wycombe. if they are thinking of points deduction, only my opinion but looking back, even before the ffp was brought in, SWindon got relegated down two divisions for financial iregularities, and seeing thet the EFL have asked Derby to re-submit restated accounts that meet the requirements of FRS102 for the years 2016/2017/2018.
The accounts Derby submitted for those years are obviously incorrect. :thumbup:

Ps the EFL are giving Derby a lot of rope, and when the EFL compares the new accounts with the old, Derby will have to have really sharp accountants. It's like getting a statement of someone by the police and then asking them for another statement later on, that is where people slip up. DErby will probably tell the EFL that they could not do the new accounts because the snow stopped the accountants getting to the stadium :lol:
Igovernor

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:14 pm

I think the issue the EFL are covering with the interchangeable fixtures is the financial irregularities that may be seen when Derby redo their accounts.

They have been fined for hiding such irregularities by the way they amortisized the value of players.

So it's not about the case just dealt with, it's about what could come next.
Wayne S

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:19 pm

Wayne S wrote:I think the issue the EFL are covering with the interchangeable fixtures is the financial irregularities that may be seen when Derby redo their accounts.

They have been fined for hiding such irregularities by the way they amortisized the value of players.

So it's not about the case just dealt with, it's about what could come next.

Exactly :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Igovernor wrote:I think you will find that they are not talking of a points deduction here, they are talking about relegating Derby with Wycombe taking their place in the championship. It would be unlikely for the EFL to make a retropective points deduction so any points deduction would be this new season, as they have done so in the past eg: Sheffield Wednsday, so the EFL would not bother to make two alterate fixtures for Derby and Wycombe. if they are thinking of points deduction, only my opinion but looking back, even before the ffp was brought in, SWindon got relegated down two divisions for financial iregularities, and seeing thet the EFL have asked Derby to re-submit restated accounts that meet the requirements of FRS102 for the years 2016/2017/2018.
The accounts Derby submitted for those years are obviously incorrect. :thumbup:

Ps the EFL are giving Derby a lot of rope, and when the EFL compares the new accounts with the old, Derby will have to have really sharp accountants. It's like getting a statement of someone by the police and then asking them for another statement later on, that is where people slip up. DErby will probably tell the EFL that they could not do the new accounts because the snow stopped the accountants getting to the stadium :lol:

Roger dont think makes much different points or relegation as just escaped relegation so any deduction would mean relegation... Also as any club been given relegation for cheating ffp? Given what EFL as said about plans for derby & wycombe points deduction is on the table retrospectively..
pembroke allan

Postby Crayfish » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:29 am

According to the papers today Derby are in a bit of disarray at the moment and several of their youth team players have refused to sign new contracts. Wonder if this is time to take advantage of their problems (worked out ok with Wigan and Moore) maybe one or two of their youth team are really good and would be worth having. Not sure if we still want Waghorn either or if he has already signed a new contract?

Would not normally kick a man when he is down bur it's Derby we are talking about here.
Crayfish

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:49 am

Sky Sports:

Wayne Rooney told Sky sports he will consider quitting as Derby manager if the club are relegated to League One after Derby were found guilty of a number charges against the club.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:56 am

Forever Blue wrote:Sky Sports:

Like he's been such a big success for the to date (even as a player) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another case of The Ego Has Landed...! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:43 pm

Sven wrote:

Like he's been such a big success for the to date (even as a player) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, to true lacks complete loyalty to Derby.
As for the sanctions on Derby, my understanding of the situation is there are two distinct sanctions for Derby and it is confusing the issue.
(1) the £100k fine and warning against future conduct was for them breaking the rules on players registrations, which I have no doubt the EFL will not appeal that and If I was Derby chairman neither would I as there is nothing about points deduction pertaining to the first sanction, as that fine and warning is the sanction.
(2) With regards to the second offences, the EFL have asked Derby to re-submit restated accounts that meet the requirements of FRS102 for the years 2016/2017/2018.
The accounts Derby submitted for those years are obviously incorrect, which is a much more serious offence, and this is what i believe would be the reason for a points deduction or relegation, after the Efl have gone through the accounts.
Igovernor

Postby Sven » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:34 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

As for the sanctions on Derby, my understanding of the situation is there are two distinct sanctions for Derby and it is confusing the issue.
(1) the £100k fine and warning against future conduct was for them breaking the rules on players registrations, which I have no doubt the EFL will not appeal that and If I was Derby chairman neither would I as there is nothing about points deduction pertaining to the first sanction, as that fine and warning is the sanction.
(2) With regards to the second offences, the EFL have asked Derby to re-submit restated accounts that meet the requirements of FRS102 for the years 2016/2017/2018.
The accounts Derby submitted for those years are obviously incorrect, which is a much more serious offence, and this is what i believe would be the reason for a points deduction or relegation, after the Efl have gone through the accounts.

Wow! Thanks, Rog...

Fingers crossed for a damning result in Round 2, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wow! Thanks, Rog...

Fingers crossed for a damning result in Round 2, then...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Yes Chris if Carlsberg did!!!! :lol:
Igovernor

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:56 pm

Might have his " Get Out Of Jail Card " - On this one ;)
TopCat CCFC

Re: UPDATED: “ Derby County sanction verdict “

Postby Blueberry Jam » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:59 am

Come on EFL grow a pair. The season is not far away. Relegate them and get it over with. :occasion5:
Blueberry Jam

Postby andy 189 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:54 pm

Chuck the book at them the FA did it to leeds (tin hat time) but yup they deserve no favours at all..
andy 189

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:35 am

andy 189 wrote:Chuck the book at them the FA did it to leeds (tin hat time) but yup they deserve no favours at all..

Going into admin when you were already relegated was naughty.
Bakedalasker

Return to General Chat