Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ The list goes on and on ‘

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:24 pm

And 6 CEO’S

Under this current regime it will be soon 11 managers in 11 yrs.

And for now Steve Morison interim manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ The list goes on and on ‘

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:07 pm

It seems a lot 10 mangers in 16 years but if you look at the 16 years prior to tan we had 15 managers in 16 years It is just football managerial merry go round

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Abergavenny wrote:It seems a lot 10 mangers in 16 years but if you look at the 16 years prior to tan we had 15 managers in 16 years It is just football managerial merry go round

We have had 37 managers in last 50 years The average manager last 16 months in that period Shocked when i saw that stat

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Abergavenny wrote:It seems a lot 10 mangers in 16 years but if you look at the 16 years prior to tan we had 15 managers in 16 years It is just football managerial merry go round

This isn’t a Tan love in piece by me so please don’t take it that way.

I just want to point that you can often make figures look like you want them to look or how you want other to see them.

As on one hand 10 managers in 16 years is a lot, but arguably he has cut it by a third compared to the previous 16 years.

There are pro’s and con’s for and against Tan and Sam etc, I think the majority on this board know which camp most fit in so why cant we just leave it as that ?

(Abergavenny this isn’t aimed at you personally either, its just a great example of how you can make figures work both ways)

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:45 pm

Abergavenny wrote:

We have had 37 managers in last 50 years The average manager last 16 months in that period Shocked when i saw that stat

I'm sure if looked hard enough we will find other clubs with similar records? Seems average time at a club is around 2yrs if that? Not exactly safest job to have even with its financial rewards ..

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:

I'm sure if looked hard enough we will find other clubs with similar records? Seems average time at a club is around 2yrs if that? Not exactly safest job to have even with its financial rewards ..

Watford done that many in as many months...! ;) :lol:

Plenty of other clubs with more turnover than ours; but as I alluded to before, no one (jealous 'Jacks' apart) takes too much notice of 'other' clubs issues ;)

Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Im waiting for this famous club line.
Young dynamic coach for a new exciting era. Only as good as your last game.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:29 am

But under this current regime it will be soon 11 managers in 11 yrs.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:

But under this current regime it will be soon 11 managers in 11 yrs.
No different to most clubs annis ,

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:And 6 CEO’S

Swansea City have had 11 permanent manger in the same time so not exactly a a situation just for our club ,

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:08 am

wez1927 wrote:

Swansea City have had 11 permanent manger in the same time so not exactly a a situation just for our club ,

And we are both in trouble.

Our club needs stability.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I agree we need stability but every club is in the same boat, managers very rarely stay that long in the leagues

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:39 am

Since so many’s hero Mackay left Watford for us 10 years ago they are on their 15th manager and in the Prem. Number of managers means sweet fa, quality is the problem and the ones who most of us like (Mackay and Warnock) have been probably the poorest in terms of recruiting players and wasting millions.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I agree we need stability but every club is in the same boat, managers very rarely stay that long in the leagues

Yep, Championship managers, in particular, tend to stay for very short periods.

Plenty of reasons for that, if they prove themselves they get a Prem job, ambitious clubs sack you if you don't get in the play-offs, any danger of relegation people get sacked, etc., it's all about short-termism.

Personally I'd love some more patience and stability for our next manager but you only have to look at this forum after a loss to see that it ain't gonna happen :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 am

barriboy wrote:Since so many’s hero Mackay left Watford for us 10 years ago they are on their 15th manager and in the Prem. Number of managers means sweet fa, quality is the problem and the ones who most of us like (Mackay and Warnock) have been probably the poorest in terms of recruiting players and wasting millions.

Totally agree the best was slade tbf he did a good job under tough circumstances.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 am

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yep, Championship managers, in particular, tend to stay for very short periods.

Plenty of reasons for that, if they prove themselves they get a Prem job, ambitious clubs sack you if you don't get in the play-offs, any danger of relegation people get sacked, etc., it's all about short-termism.

Personally I'd love some more patience and stability for our next manager but you only have to look at this forum after a loss to see that it ain't gonna happen :lol: :lol:

Every manager we've sack the majority of fans have wanted to go including the same people moaning how many we've got rid of :lol: .

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:17 am

Joke thread again from the tan haters
Kerslake 4 days gabbidon young temps
So its 8 not 10
So the next full time manager will be the ninth in the period in this thread
Also those jumping on tan
Are the same ones who have hounded all those managers out of thier jobs
Im not saying the likes of trollope and mick did not deserve the sack
But you cant keep crying the club needs stability and then call for sackings
Example
Harris brought in to reduce wage bill and costs and develope home grown talent
Plus change style of play
He did reduce wage bill has set the academy up from the start and the benifits are there for all to see
He tried changing our style but quickly realised we did not have the players to play any other way
So reverted back to get results which improved
Then he lost 4 first team players at the same time to injury
And lost 5 games in a row fans scream sack him and hes gone
They bring in mick he benifits from the 4 injured first team players coming back for his first game
And the rest is history
Hindsight is great but harris sacking was a huge mistake as some of us said at the time

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:58 am

"Personally I'd love some more patience and stability for our next manager but you only have to look at this forum after a loss to see that it ain't gonna happen :lol: :lol:"

You will only get patience and stability if you play attractive to watch football - and are in and around the top 6.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:10 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:"Personally I'd love some more patience and stability for our next manager but you only have to look at this forum after a loss to see that it ain't gonna happen :lol: :lol:"

You will only get patience and stability if you play attractive to watch football - and are in and around the top 6.

Spot on

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:10 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:"Personally I'd love some more patience and stability for our next manager but you only have to look at this forum after a loss to see that it ain't gonna happen :lol: :lol:"

Really ?

Well, firstly you have to go back a bit to remember us playing what would normally be perceived as "attractive football"

Harris got us to the play-offs and was gone within 6 months. He tried to change the way we played but then reverted to more direct football as the fans weren't happy with the results (quite rightly in my opinion).

Dave Jones played attractive football and got us to the play-offs regularly and was sacked mainly because of the pressure from fans (I still say he would have got promoted if he had the same budget as Mackay).

Trollope certainly tried to change the way we played and was gone within 3-4 months.

So, no, I don't believe the fan base does have the patience for such a change unless, a manager is lucky enough to maintain results whilst changing the way we play with the same players and, I would suggest, that's virtually impossible in anything less than 2 transfer windows.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:39 pm

piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

Well, firstly you have to go back a bit to remember us playing what would normally be perceived as "attractive football"

Harris got us to the play-offs and was gone within 6 months. He tried to change the way we played but then reverted to more direct football as the fans weren't happy with the results (quite rightly in my opinion).

Dave Jones played attractive football and got us to the play-offs regularly and was sacked mainly because of the pressure from fans (I still say he would have got promoted if he had the same budget as Mackay).

Trollope certainly tried to change the way we played and was gone within 3-4 months.

So, no, I don't believe the fan base does have the patience for such a change unless, a manager is lucky enough to maintain results whilst changing the way we play with the same players and, I would suggest, that's virtually impossible in anything less than 2 transfer windows.

I agree if dave Jones was given money he would of got us up

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Joke thread again from the tan haters
Kerslake 4 days gabbidon young temps
So its 8 not 10
So the next full time manager will be the ninth in the period in this thread
Also those jumping on tan
Are the same ones who have hounded all those managers out of thier jobs
Im not saying the likes of trollope and mick did not deserve the sack
But you cant keep crying the club needs stability and then call for sackings
Example
Harris brought in to reduce wage bill and costs and develope home grown talent
Plus change style of play
He did reduce wage bill has set the academy up from the start and the benifits are there for all to see
He tried changing our style but quickly realised we did not have the players to play any other way
So reverted back to get results which improved
Then he lost 4 first team players at the same time to injury
And lost 5 games in a row fans scream sack him and hes gone
They bring in mick he benifits from the 4 injured first team players coming back for his first game
And the rest is history
Hindsight is great but harris sacking was a huge mistake as some of us said at the time

Maybe

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

He also would have got players good enough for the premier league.

The biggest annoyance for me was us wasting the money given to Malky prior to and after promotion.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:03 pm

maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

The biggest annoyance for me was us wasting the money given to Malky prior to and after promotion.
I think we should of got rid of malky and warnock once we got up ,

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

I think Warnock would have kept us up had he got an equivalent transfer budget to what Malky had.

Malky should have been sacked the minute anyone saw Cornelius play.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 pm

That’s 8 permanent managers unless Stevie wonder has been counting them

The next will be 9 under the average of many clubs in this league and other leagues in the same timeframe…..

We also went through more under the Sam did we not? Or perhaps that doesn’t suit the constant Tan bashing narrative

I’ve not seen the wolves at the door under tan yet so until he lets us go bust then regardless of what goes on he’s far better than the crook that almost sent this club to the wall, I think some people need to stop and think about just how close the messiah Sam Hamman took this club to extinction….

And the fact he’s still sniffing about for more money now!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:54 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:That’s 8 permanent managers unless Stevie wonder has been counting them

The next will be 9 under the average of many clubs in this league and other leagues in the same timeframe…..

We also went through more under the Sam did we not? Or perhaps that doesn’t suit the constant Tan bashing narrative

I’ve not seen the wolves at the door under tan yet so until he lets us go bust then regardless of what goes on he’s far better than the crook that almost sent this club to the wall, I think some people need to stop and think about just how close the messiah Sam Hamman took this club to extinction….

And the fact he’s still sniffing about for more money now!

Spot on

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:02 pm

maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

I think Warnock would have kept us up had he got an equivalent transfer budget to what Malky had.

Problem is we spent 33 million with warnock but he wasted the money ,11 million for Murphy and 10 for Bobby Reid

Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

Problem is we spent 33 million with warnock but he wasted the money ,11 million for Murphy and 10 for Bobby Reid

Yep, and that’s without mentioning Madine and, to a lesser extent, Glatzel !!!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
maccydee wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

Really ?

Both were high quality championship players and both did reasonably well in the premier league when trusted.