Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: That’s Seven “ Cardiff City Today “

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:08 am

U23 | The #Bluebirds travel to face league 1 IpswichTown’s U23’s this afternoon, with kick-off at 12pm! :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Ipswich and Cardiff will be fielding mainly their 17,18 & 19 year old players

The #Bluebirds earn another three points on the road, thanks to goals from Taylor Jones and @ChankaZimba! :bluebird: :bluebird:

The Bluebirds will be led by City's U18 coaches Matthew Bloxham and Steve Jenkins on Tuesday afternoon, with the side looking to continue their impressive run of form established throughout the season thus far.

City's U23 side are currently at the top of the U23 PDL's South division table, having won all six of their fixtures since beginning the campaign with a 1-0 home victory over Wigan Athletic in August :thumbright:

Steve Morison is now the interim manager of the Cardiff City first team :bluebird:

:bluebird: THATS SEVEN OUT OF SEVEN WINS FOR THE BLUEBIRDS “ :bluebird:

IPSWICH TOWN U23’S 1 CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
H-T 0–1 :bluebird:

Taylor Jones' opener gives City the lead at the break :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Cardiff City Today “

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:08 am

:bluebird: :bluebird: “ CARDIFF CITY’S U23’S 2021-22 “ :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 1 WIGAN U23’S 0 :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 3 PETERBOROUGH U23’S 1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY U23’S 0 CARDIFF CITY U23’S 3 :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 SHEFFIELD UNITRD U23’S 0 :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 MILLWALL U23’S 0 :bluebird: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY U23’S 4 CHARLTONS U23’S 1 :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

IPSWICH TOWN U23’S 1 CARDIFF CITY U23’S 2 :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:45 am

Here's City's starting lineup ahead of kick-off this afternoon! :bluebird:

Isaak Davies back in under-23s action after his first-team debut against Boro. Good to see his strike partner, Chanka Zimba, also back in the mix.

Rohan Luthra gets a runout in goal, too.

Cardiff looking for their sixth successive victory to extend their lead at the top of PDL2. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:52 am

Taylor Jones' opener gives City the lead at the break :bluebird:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:31 pm

Our next manager needs to be able to get the best out of these youngsters.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Currently 2 1 to cardiff zimba with the 2nd after they had equalised

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

2 1 ft
7 out of 7 wins this season
Well done

Re: Updated: That’s Seven “ Cardiff City Today “

Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm

:bluebird: THATS SEVEN OUT OF SEVEN WINS FOR THE BLUEBIRDS :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:12 pm

FANTASTIC RUN THE BOYS ARE ON, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE I SAY!! WELL DONE LADS, LETS KEEP IT GOING!! CCFC!

About time young zimba was given a chance with the 1st team squad imho, he cant do worse than the two we have at present, I would love a bit of pace up top. To compliment moore!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:21 pm

bluesince62 wrote:FANTASTIC RUN THE BOYS ARE ON, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE I SAY!! WELL DONE LADS, LETS KEEP IT GOING!! CCFC!

About time young zimba was given a chance with the 1st team squad imho, he cant do worse than the two we have at present, I would love a bit of pace up top. To compliment moore!

What's moore done besides score 1 goal? If anything Collins is more mobile could be better option it will also get us away from hoofball?

Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:FANTASTIC RUN THE BOYS ARE ON, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE I SAY!! WELL DONE LADS, LETS KEEP IT GOING!! CCFC!

What's moore done besides score 1 goal? If anything Collins is more mobile could be better option it will also get us away from hoofball?

James Collins No thanks

Allan Zimba yes please :thumbright: :bluebird:

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

James Collins No thanks

Allan Zimba yes please :thumbright: :bluebird:

Zimba no problem but why moore? All that will produce is long balls? But suppose may work if get manager who utilises the forward line better... zimba will get his chance soon no doubt, I'm in the minority about Collins but same with ken and all the other so called failed strikers who were never given the service they deserved

Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Sorry, but moore will probably start more than Collins imho, so just basing it on that allan.but I agree collins does get stuck in! So either or will be it, if he comes in that is!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Well done the u23s and the academy ,these boys coming through now is the outcome of years of hard work ,investment of the Accademy long may it continue

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:49 am

wez1927 wrote:Well done the u23s and the academy ,these boys coming through now is the outcome of years of hard work ,investment of the Accademy long may it continue

It’s brilliant to see, Wez let’s hope they can make the big step up and be good Championship players :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:09 am

AFTER 11 YEARS:

CCFC CHAIRMAN DALMAN:

"We are under siege, financially, politically, legally, football-wise. There are lots of issues we have to come through," admitted Dalman.

But he stressed: "We will navigate through this. We didn't think the football side of things would become so bad and take up so much of our attention, much harder than we ever imagined, but we will obviously focus on that and do what is right for the club.

“I admit we have had some poor transfers in and out of our club, but their is no more money available and their won’t be any in January and possibly none next season.”

Sadly over all things are worse than terrible and these young players will be drafted in to the first team squad next season if good enough or not good enough.

Sadly the first team is not successful on or off the pitch and sadly that’s a fact and Cardiff City needs stability.

Even the Chairman Dalman says these are the worst times under their time in control and don’t forget we are in the middle of our worst run in 122 years of our history.

This has come under 11 years of mismanagement from the top.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am

This is great to see, along way though from being at Championship level yet

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:10 am

These Successful U23’s players can’t be rushed in to the first team squad.

it’s better for young players to be blooded in to a more successful football environment where they can be encouraged and supported by the senior pros in the team.

That’s not happening at the moment because, the older players have enough on their plate already to occupy them and are even struggling themselves.

Confidence breeds confidence and the younger ones look to the older ones to lead them and that’s certainly not been happening.

For me a maximum two younger players should be playing in this current first team.

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Well done the u23s and the academy ,these boys coming through now is the outcome of years of hard work ,investment of the Accademy long may it continue

It’s brilliant to see, Wez let’s hope they can make the big step up and be good Championship players :bluebird: :bluebird:

Well I don't share the confidence that Wes has for them. I've seen a bit of promise from Colwill but after that very little.

The big problem for me though on this subject is I'm seeing very little from the experienced players. Adding to that the tactics employed by MM which were questionable has not served us well. Hopefully the new manager will play the game that suit our youngsters and hopefully that will see us safe.