Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/12/21

Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:25 am

'Cases' again.
:sleepy2:

It's useful to look at deaths.

Vaccinated English adults under 60 are dying at twice the rate of unvaccinated people the same age
And have been for six months. This chart may seem unbelievable or impossible, but it's correct, based on weekly data from the British government.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vac ... s-under-60

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 06/12/21

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:24 am

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:'Cases' again.
:sleepy2:

It's useful to look at deaths.

Vaccinated English adults under 60 are dying at twice the rate of unvaccinated people the same age
And have been for six months. This chart may seem unbelievable or impossible, but it's correct, based on weekly data from the British government.

https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/vac ... s-under-60

Why would it seem unbelievable or impossible that vaccinated people are dying more than unvaccinated people? A large majority of the adults in the country are vaccinated, 89% with 1 jab and 81% with 2.

If vaccinated people are dying at twice the rate of unvaccinated people that means 33% of the deaths are unvaccinated. Yet unvaccinated people make up only 11% of the population.

This link breaks down Alex Berenson’s claims and explains in better detail how he’s (hopefully unintentionally) posting incorrect information.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2RP28I

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 07/12/21

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:08 am

I think you will find that Reuters are no longer a trusted news source but have morphed into notorious 'fact checkers' of matters anti-narrative.

I agree that what is now coming to light is frightening and disturbing, even sinister. It troubles me to read the many reports and I find no joy in posting on the subject.

It seems to now be seeping out,(even in the public domain) that Pfizer deliberately lied and misled and covered up information about adverse effects ('Pfizergate'). Lots out there on the www if anyone cares to look.

Johnson admitted that the jabs do not protect against infection or spreading by the vaccinated. There seems no logical reason to believe that the 'boosters' will be any better but nevertheless we face the prospect of a never-ending series of injections.

What no one in officialdom has yet admitted to is the scale of the apparent adverse reactions. In fact they are trying to hide it by suddenly blaming blood clotting/heart problems/deaths in the Vaxxed on anything ranging from cold weather to Covid.

The Scottish figures which are available appear to show that a frightening percentage of total deaths (standardised mortality per 100,000)that are Double Jabbed:

09-15/10/21 = 120 out of 139 = 86.3%;
16-22/10/21 = 115 out of 127 = 90.6%
23-29/10/21 = 110 out of 128 = 85.9%;
30/10-05/11/21 = 112 out of 136 = 82.4%

For a population with around 88% Double Vaxxed in 16+, those are NOT good numbers.

With this kind of data now available, surely it's time to stop, pause and think about what the hell is going on.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:01 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:I think you will find that Reuters are no longer a trusted news source but have morphed into notorious 'fact checkers' of matters anti-narrative.

I agree that what is now coming to light is frightening and disturbing, even sinister. It troubles me to read the many reports and I find no joy in posting on the subject.

It seems to now be seeping out,(even in the public domain) that Pfizer deliberately lied and misled and covered up information about adverse effects ('Pfizergate'). Lots out there on the www if anyone cares to look.

Johnson admitted that the jabs do not protect against infection or spreading by the vaccinated. There seems no logical reason to believe that the 'boosters' will be any better but nevertheless we face the prospect of a never-ending series of injections.

What no one in officialdom has yet admitted to is the scale of the apparent adverse reactions. In fact they are trying to hide it by suddenly blaming blood clotting/heart problems/deaths in the Vaxxed on anything ranging from cold weather to Covid.

The Scottish figures which are available appear to show that a frightening percentage of total deaths (standardised mortality per 100,000)that are Double Jabbed:

For a population with around 88% Double Vaxxed in 16+, those are NOT good numbers.

With this kind of data now available, surely it's time to stop, pause and think about what the hell is going on.

Why are you dismissing my point just because I linked a more in-depth break down from Reuters? Why does it matter who’s doing the fact checking against Alex? It could be the teletubbies and it wouldn’t change the fact that the information he, and in turn you, are posting is incorrect. It’s not an opinion. It’s basic statistics and fact. I used the exact same source of data and can tell you he’s taken that data and incorrectly used it to form wrong conclusions.

That would be like me saying “3x as many people die in car accidents when wearing a seatbelt. Wearing a seatbelt is more dangerous than not” In actuality, ~2% of the population don’t wear seatbelts yet make up 27% of the deaths.

https://etsc.eu/one-third-of-killed-uk- ... -seatbelt/

I can’t find the data for the Scotland deaths so if you could link it I’d appreciate looking at it myself.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:11 pm

sorry for butting in here but heres the figures for scotland CF11 Rondo

https://dailyexpose.uk/2021/12/03/fully ... cial-data/

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:22 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:sorry for butting in here but heres the figures for scotland CF11 Rondo

https://dailyexpose.uk/2021/12/03/fully ... cial-data/

Cheers. Will give it a look later on :thumbright:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:
C. Rombie-Coat wrote:I think you will find that Reuters are no longer a trusted news source but have morphed into notorious 'fact checkers' of matters anti-narrative.

Why are you dismissing my point just because I linked a more in-depth break down from Reuters? Why does it matter who’s doing the fact checking against Alex? It could be the teletubbies and it wouldn’t change the fact that the information he, and in turn you, are posting is incorrect. It’s not an opinion. It’s basic statistics and fact. I used the exact same source of data and can tell you he’s taken that data and incorrectly used it to form wrong conclusions.

That would be like me saying “3x as many people die in car accidents when wearing a seatbelt. Wearing a seatbelt is more dangerous than not” In actuality, ~2% of the population don’t wear seatbelts yet make up 27% of the deaths.

I can’t find the data for the Scotland deaths so if you could link it I’d appreciate looking at it myself.

You've got him, I think they all join some antivax twitter and WhatsApp groups and send the same stuff to each other, always twisting the true stats so easy to correct :roll:

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/11/21

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:46 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:This will hurt the pro vaxxers, but it is a different view, from a credible cardiologist/researcher, that paints a different picture to the MSM.

If you can be bothered to watch for 3 minutes you may get a realisation of why alternative views to the Government/Pharma narrative are not being aired/heard.

Make up your own minds lovely people, link below. :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8t0qQ5R4I

I'm all for an investigation, but he does point out it could be chronic stress, depression, poor diet and bad habits following lockdowns, but the biggest part he missed is that covid is reportedly ten times more likely at least to cause the heart problems. So the review should also consider how many of those people that have died have previously knowingly or not caught covid?

Re: Players and fans collapsing

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Capital Bluebird wrote:Two fans tonight in different games (Watford/Chelsea and Southampton/Leicester) collapsed in the stands, cardiac issues. Last week players from the champions league, championship and league 1 collapsed. This is happening on almost a weekly basis. Sheer coincidence or is there a link to the mRNA vaccines? Hmmmmmm

Or Covid and lockdowns hhhmmmmm

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 29/11/21

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:56 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:This will hurt the pro vaxxers, but it is a different view, from a credible cardiologist/researcher, that paints a different picture to the MSM.

If you can be bothered to watch for 3 minutes you may get a realisation of why alternative views to the Government/Pharma narrative are not being aired/heard.

Make up your own minds lovely people, link below. :bluebird:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8t0qQ5R4I

Not trying to argue, just pointing out that Covid 19 apparently causes myocarditis and vaccines could be getting blamed?

It also says that Covid 19 is causing damage to older peoples hearts especially those with medical conditions anyway.

https://www.myocarditisfoundation.org/s ... ocarditis/

SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS THAT MAY POINT TO POSSIBLE MYOCARDITIS

While world leaders and health officials continue to fight the spread of COVID-19, also known as SARS-CoV-2, doctors and other scientists around the world, including those supported by the Myocarditis Foundation, are racing to better understand the new, novel coronavirus, especially its most severe and potentially fatal symptoms and complications – all with the goal of developing potentially life-saving treatments.

Although it is a relatively rare cardiovascular disease, myocarditis has been reported in patients diagnosed with COVID-19, making it important for everyone, especially those diagnosed with COVID-19, to be aware of some of the symptoms of coronavirus that may indicate possible inflammation of the heart.

The Coronavirus and Myocarditis Connection
Myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle, is a condition caused by the body’s immune response to infection. Viral infections, generally, are one of the most common causes of heart muscle inflammation. In a May 5, 2020 article published in Heart Rhythm, titled Recognizing COVID-19–related myocarditis: The possible pathophysiology and proposed guideline for diagnosis and management, the authors note that COVID-19-related myocarditis may be caused by a combination of direct viral injury and cardiac damage due to the host’s immune response.

Co-author of the article, Dr. Leslie T. Cooper, Chair, Enterprise Department of Cardiovascular Medicine for Mayo Clinic in Florida, and the Executive Medical Director and founder of the Myocarditis Foundation, says, “We know from our experience in the U.S., China, Italy, and Spain that of the people hospitalized for SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19, between 10 and 25 percent of them, depending on the study, have cardiac damage. Most of these patients are older and have pre-existing heart conditions. However, when young, otherwise healthy people experience certain symptoms of SARS-CoV-2, it’s more likely to be related to myocarditis.”

Symptoms to Watch for If You’ve Been Diagnosed with COVID-19
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, it’s important to consult with your doctor immediately if you have shortness of breath, chest pain, or heart palpitations. These symptoms may indicate myocarditis as a complication of having the virus.

Risk Factors for Developing Coronavirus-Related Myocarditis
While commonly cited risk factors for severe COVID-19 illness include advanced age and underlying health conditions, there are no known risk factors for developing SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) myocarditis. Much more research is needed to understand both the overall risks for severe illness due to COVID-19 and the risks for specific conditions, such as myocarditis.

Myocarditis can affect individuals of any age, gender, race, and health condition. However, with myocarditis unrelated to SARS-CoV-2, we know that it affects young adult males at a higher rate.

Recommendations for Patients with COVID-19 and Coronavirus-Related Myocarditis
If you’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19 and you have no symptoms, you should follow the CDC guideline to quarantine for 10 days. There’s no treatment necessary. If you are a competitive athlete, you should refrain from competitive sports during your quarantine period.

If your doctor suspects you have myocarditis with COVID-19, he or she may perform tests, including blood tests, physical exams, echocardiography and electrocardiograms to examine heart function, and tests to rule out other conditions. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 and myocarditis, you will need to abstain from competitive sports for at least 3 months. At a minimum, after 3 months, you should have an exam and an exercise treadmill test.

If you have COVID-19 and heart conditions other than myocarditis, you should be treated by your healthcare provider for those specific heart issues.

In the course of your treatment, you may also be eligible to take part in a viral therapy or immunotherapy clinical trial that will help further the research into finding effective treatments.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:18 pm

CF11 Rondo wrote:

Getting his information from the teletubbies would be an improvement on some of the shit he puts up.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:46 pm

I wonder if this omicron takes off will there be empty stadiums again soon mark drakeford is allready on the war path and getting ready to put us on a war footing.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:28 pm

montyblue wrote:I wonder if this omicron takes off will there be empty stadiums again soon mark drakeford is allready on the war path and getting ready to put us on a war footing.

His performance in the circus today was cringing. It’s as though he’s desperate for the virus to resurface so he can act like the Dictator again.
Just why did the electorate vote for this buffoon?

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:35 pm

DANNY SAYS

Nothing has changed there then he has never looked good infront of camera he always looks like his mum has tucked him in but on a more serious note i realky honestly think he felt the "power" and it did make him feel the decider of what went in wales vut he is not a prince of wales by any strech but i think he believes he's Llewellyn.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:52 pm

In response to Bluebina who occasionally gets it but simply can’t get his head round what is happening, I looked at the linked website and it seems a very pro-vaccine construct. It is obviously well funded but there is no list of corporate donors. Quite important in the current situation.

There is plenty of evidence that it is indeed the vaccines that are causing blood clots, heart problems etc. This has been known about since the early trials (see Pfizergate) where the full results were concealed.

Try this explanation as to why this occurs and have a think (it’s quite excellent and I would recommend it to all):

https://www.bitchute.com/video/acTDRAych9LP/

CF11 Rondo recently upped his post numbers with an attempt at subtle defence of Drakeford and his admission of ‘leading beyond authority.’ He repeated this approach in his reply to my first post.

Reuters are notorious for their defence of the programme. Any fule know that, apart of course from Mr Rondo. Then again I suppose they would be one of the first calls for anyone looking for support against unbiased presentations.

The flake from California is simply annoying and adds nothing constructive to any conversation.

As for Drakeford he is doing what he is being told to do.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:You've got him, I think they all join some antivax twitter and WhatsApp groups and send the same stuff to each other, always twisting the true stats so easy to correct :roll:

Politely, I'll call you out on this Bina.

This type of tribal us vs. them mentality will be the death of constructive discussion which in turn will be the end of the final last vestiges of critical thought.

The data in the article Alex Berensen wrote that Mr. Coat linked to was rightly criticised by those in the comments on that very same article and it is a perfect example of a community peer reviewing and critiquing its own in real-time.

There are a lot of very, very smart people asking important questions. Terms like anti-vaxxers do neither you nor them any favours and are just petty point scoring. It's the biggest problem of modern life, rather than hold conversation and debate to mutually work towards truth, too many people see debate as something to win.

We're all guilty of it at times, myself included, but it is not productive.

Anyhow, now that I've got that off my chest the way I see it we're in the end game either way now and I honestly think the whole anti-vaxxer framing is pretty much done and dusted.

Given that we now know that the vaccine doesn't stop you from either contracting or spreading the vaccine and that the argument of covid pushing the NHS to breaking point is largely founded in myth (see my post on the previous page in this thread) there is zero societal benefits of vaccination.

There is only personal choice now.

If you wish to be vaccinated great. If you wish to take your chances your in the 99+% that won't die from the disease, great. Nothing to do with anyone else, personal choice. There simply is no need for terms like anti-vaxxer now - it's done.

No one ever asked me about vaccination history previously (I've had many in my time for what it is worth) and they can stop asking me again now. My vaccination status has no impact on the rest of the world, and the data overwhelmingly shows this to be the case. Big, shiny multiple sets of data from highly respected institutions in Tel-Aviv, Oxford, San Fransisco, Copenhagen and others - all showing the vaccinated can still contract and spread the virus.

Knowing this, any and all anti-vaxxer becomes meaningless and unnecessarily divisive empty rhetoric.

The only thing that perpetuates the need for this us vs. them mentality now is fear.

Big pharma fearing the billions of opportunity cost they've missed as study after study show waning efficacy and breakthrough infections.

Politicians fearing the control they are about to lose.

And perhaps the fear of those who argued a bit too vociferously for mandatory vaccinations (including all those 'don't want the vaccine fine, just don't expect to be able to use the NHS' type posts). Those folks have a fairly long climb down ahead of them now they've shown their inner Nazi (that in fact wasn't buried that deep at all)

Because the fact is that all the data currently coming out on Omicron suggests that this could well be the beginning of the end of it all.

The early indications are that this variant will become dominant within a matter of weeks and that it is far more benign than any variant seen so far.

We are in the fourth wave, just as we were with the Spanish Flu pandemic that went through a similar evolution. Just as almost all viruses that have a droplet-based transmission vector eventually do as they rely on the relative health of the host for transmission. (Again I refer to my post on the previous page - which incidentally was posted before Omicron arrived)

Of course, that doesn't mean the fear will stop. I think we will see a major final onslaught of doom-mongering in the 'press'.

Those governments that are so inclined (here's looking at you Australia, Austria and Germany amongst others) will go full-on authoritarian and the rhetoric will continue to be pushed. Boosters will be accelerated because Big Pharma's got hungry little billionaire mouths to feed. It'll all happen quickly now because they're running out of time. The speed at which omicron is spreading if the data holds this is all over by March latest.

Of course, if the data doesn't hold and some of the outlandish claims in the press are to be believed that it is 20 times more deadly then we're all fucked anyway seeing as the number of mutations means that the vaccines are likely ineffective and we're all back in the same boat anyways.

So either way, we've no need for the anti-vaxxer label now so we might as well all stop dividing ourselves into camps :thumbright:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Very informative post based on facts, not fear, again Sir Ealing and thanks for that. :clap:

The Pfizergate scandal is only going to snowball as more and more whistleblowers state the truth.

Taken from the Pfizer official website on 18 November 2020:

"Primary efficacy analysis demonstrates BNT162b2 to be 95% effective against COVID-19 beginning 28 days after the first dose;170 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were evaluated, with 162 observed in the placebo group versus 8 in the vaccine group"

I'm pretty sure that, at that time, most people would have interpreted this as you have only 5% chance of catching Covid, after being double jabbed, and thus would not be able to transmit it to another. Well, climb down, goalpost changing etc. and suddenly the common narrative in MSM is obviously you can still catch it and transmit.....but you are less likely to be hospitalised or die.

The figures coming out of Scotland are now blowing this MSM narrative out of the water.

So after my ramble I guess the question is - when are people going to start to critically look at the ever increasing amount of data that exists and get out of their entrenched position, either way, and discuss in a meaningful manner? Essentially what you have alluded to Sir Ealing. :bluebird:

P.S. Thanks also go to C. Rombie-Coat for sharing his factual information and it's a sad state of affairs that certain posters just do not want to see the alarming facts for what they are. :bluebird:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:32 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:when are people going to start to critically look at the ever increasing amount of data that exists and get out of their entrenched position, either way, and discuss in a meaningful manner?

Hopefully, soon mate - if I'm honest, I think it will take a while if we ever get there at all, but glass half full and all that :occasion5:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:43 pm

There is so much info starting to become apparent but listen to John O'Nions the funeral director who has spoken out on what is happening:

https://youtu.be/u30oHeUq7OE

It's just fk'n amazing how the dots are deliberately not being joined.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:09 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:In response to Bluebina who occasionally gets it but simply can’t get his head round what is happening, I looked at the linked website and it seems a very pro-vaccine construct. It is obviously well funded but there is no list of corporate donors. Quite important in the current situation.

There is plenty of evidence that it is indeed the vaccines that are causing blood clots, heart problems etc. This has been known about since the early trials (see Pfizergate) where the full results were concealed.

Try this explanation as to why this occurs and have a think (it’s quite excellent and I would recommend it to all):

CF11 Rondo recently upped his post numbers with an attempt at subtle defence of Drakeford and his admission of ‘leading beyond authority.’ He repeated this approach in his reply to my first post.

Reuters are notorious for their defence of the programme. Any fule know that, apart of course from Mr Rondo. Then again I suppose they would be one of the first calls for anyone looking for support against unbiased presentations.

The flake from California is simply annoying and adds nothing constructive to any conversation.

Nothing about my post would’ve changed if I’d not included the Reuters link. You’ve ignored all of it based on the link, why not respond to the rest of my post. I’ll simplify it for you:

9/10 people in the UK are vaccinated.
2/1 people dying are vaccinated.
Do the maths yourself.

Read my entire post again and pretend I didn’t include the Reuters link and then reply to it.

As for defending Drakeford, I said spending £2m on trees is insignificant. The annual welsh budget is ~£22Bn. The OP suggested spending it on the NHS yet the Welsh government budget for hearth is already £10Bn. For your information I refrained from voting for the Senedd elections earlier in the year as no one felt appropriate for my vote.

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 08/12/21

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:05 am

Downing Street party: No 10 staff joked about party amid lockdown restrictions -

A video obtained by ITV shows senior No 10 staff joking about holding a Christmas party - days after a party was held there during lockdown.

The PM's then press secretary Allegra Stratton is asked by colleagues about reports of a party, as they rehearse a news conference in December last year.

In jokey exchanges, she says: "This fictional party was a business meeting and it was not socially distanced."

Downing Street continues to insist no party took place.

But a source previously confirmed to the BBC that a party did take place there on 18 December, with "several dozen" people in attendance.

The mock news conference took place in Downing Street on Tuesday 22 December, without members of the media present.

At the time, the government's coronavirus guidance specifically stated that people should not have Christmas parties - and gatherings in London of two or more people indoors was banned unless it was "reasonably necessary" for work.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:10 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:In response to Bluebina who occasionally gets it but simply can’t get his head round what is happening, I looked at the linked website and it seems a very pro-vaccine construct. It is obviously well funded but there is no list of corporate donors. Quite important in the current situation.

Never heard of Dr Hoffe because he's not a famous epidemiologist or a person of extensive knowledge he's done some tests on a limited number of people and made massive assumptions.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2PY1K2

Fact Check-There is no evidence that mRNA vaccines are linked to blood clots
By Reuters Fact Check

6 MIN READ

A video has flooded Facebook claiming that 62% of people given an mRNA vaccine for COVID-19 have developed blood clots. However, experts told Reuters there is no evidence of this.

The clip was posted on July 7 and has been viewed 142,000 times (here , here). It shows a Canadian going by the name of "Dr Charles Hoffe" who says that blood clots caused by mRNA vaccines like Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna are microscopic and can only be detected through a D-dimer blood test.

Public health experts at the Meedan Health Desk (here) explain that D-dimer is a blood protein released when a blood clot begins to dissolve or break down. When the D-dimer level is high, it can be because of a clot, but there are many other possible causes including pregnancy, cigarette smoking, inflammation, and advanced age (here).

In his video, Hoffe claims to have carried out D-dimer tests on people who received mRNA COVID-19 vaccines in the previous seven days. “I’m still trying to accumulate more information but, on the ones I have so far, 62% of them have evidence of clotting, which means that these blood clots are not rare,” Hoffe said. He added that the clots would lead to permanent cell damage in the heart and lungs.

Scientists have found a possible link between AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots, but the risk for most people is low.

Reuters asked if Hoffe had any printed evidence to support his claims, but he said the results were preliminary and currently unpublished.

“I have realised that I need to publish it, even though the numbers of subjects that I was planning to have in my study are far smaller than my original intention,” Hoffe wrote in an email.

He said his research has been prevented by a fire that destroyed his medical practice. Hoffe is from the western Canadian town of Lytton (here , here , here) which suffered forest fires in July this year (here , here).

Media reports say that Hoffe has previously made false claims about the COVID-19 vaccine (here , here).

Tom Wingfield, a senior clinical lecturer at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (here), told Reuters that he disagrees with Hoffe’s conclusions.

“If the D-dimer test is raised, this does not mean that that person has had a blood clot but, rather, further investigations such as a scan of the chest or leg may be required, depending on their symptoms,” he explained in an email.

Wingfield said a raised D-dimer can be caused by many factors and that the test is not done routinely after vaccination. Experts also told the AFP news agency that elevated D-dimer levels are not proof of blood clots (here).

Current research has not shown a link between mRNA COVID-19 vaccines and blood clots (here).

Wingfield said that blood clots with low platelets, including blood clots in the brain, occur at an estimated rate of 5 to 16 cases per million people annually. Reports by Britain’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) suggest that after the first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, the incidence rate stood at 14.9 events per million, and 1.8 per million after the second. (here , or here).

Wingfield concluded: “I strongly encourage those eligible to come forward to get this life-saving vaccine and advocate for more equitable roll-out of Covid-19 vaccines to people and communities around the world.”

VERDICT
False. Experts told Reuters that there is no evidence for mRNA vaccines being linked to blood clots and that methods used by Dr Charles Hoffe are unreliable.

This article was produced by the Reuters Fact Check team. Read more about our fact-checking work here .

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:41 pm

C. Rombie-Coat wrote:There is so much info starting to become apparent but listen to John O'Nions the funeral director who has spoken out on what is happening:

https://youtu.be/u30oHeUq7OE

It's just fk'n amazing how the dots are deliberately not being joined.

Wow people would seriously take medical advice from some Funeral Director in Milton Keynes ?

Click on the link "see this thread" to hear his other revelations

https://twitter.com/OldManPaul55/status ... 34496?s=20

Clip 2 of 4 what we are seeing now people are dying of a cold because of the vaccines it's killing peoples immune systems
His friends are desperate for a booster, because the cold is killing them, he offered to kiss them on the lips because he's so strong and he hasn't had the jab. We are 12 months in now there immune systems are falling apart now in the same way a cancer patients with a decimated immune system can't .

Clip 3 He said all along he knew people would be getting sick and dying, thanks to the thousands and thousands who have visited him and emailed him and said how brave he is.

Clip 4 These jabs have decimated your immune system, don't take a jab they're killing you, the omicron is not a virus it's vaccine injury, will they believe it, time will tell? We are exactly where the scientists told him we would be. I just hope people listen because if you don't you will die if you keep taking these jabs, bless you bless you, forgive them for they know not what they do, never a truer word spoken.

Wow people actually take advice from him rather Epidemiologists and senior medical advisers??????????

If people actually think this clown is credible, there is no hope, and obviously there will not be any more people can say to change their minds.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:07 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bluebina wrote:You've got him, I think they all join some antivax twitter and WhatsApp groups and send the same stuff to each other, always twisting the true stats so easy to correct :roll:

Politely, I'll call you out on this Bina.

This type of tribal us vs. them mentality will be the death of constructive discussion which in turn will be the end of the final last vestiges of critical thought.

The data in the article Alex Berensen wrote that Mr. Coat linked to was rightly criticised by those in the comments on that very same article and it is a perfect example of a community peer reviewing and critiquing its own in real-time.

There are a lot of very, very smart people asking important questions. Terms like anti-vaxxers do neither you nor them any favours and are just petty point scoring. It's the biggest problem of modern life, rather than hold conversation and debate to mutually work towards truth, too many people see debate as something to win.

We're all guilty of it at times, myself included, but it is not productive.

Anyhow, now that I've got that off my chest the way I see it we're in the end game either way now and I honestly think the whole anti-vaxxer framing is pretty much done and dusted.

Given that we now know that the vaccine doesn't stop you from either contracting or spreading the vaccine and that the argument of covid pushing the NHS to breaking point is largely founded in myth (see my post on the previous page in this thread) there is zero societal benefits of vaccination.

There is only personal choice now.

If you wish to be vaccinated great. If you wish to take your chances your in the 99+% that won't die from the disease, great. Nothing to do with anyone else, personal choice. There simply is no need for terms like anti-vaxxer now - it's done.

No one ever asked me about vaccination history previously (I've had many in my time for what it is worth) and they can stop asking me again now. My vaccination status has no impact on the rest of the world, and the data overwhelmingly shows this to be the case. Big, shiny multiple sets of data from highly respected institutions in Tel-Aviv, Oxford, San Fransisco, Copenhagen and others - all showing the vaccinated can still contract and spread the virus.

Knowing this, any and all anti-vaxxer becomes meaningless and unnecessarily divisive empty rhetoric.

The only thing that perpetuates the need for this us vs. them mentality now is fear.

Because the fact is that all the data currently coming out on Omicron suggests that this could well be the beginning of the end of it all.

Of course, that doesn't mean the fear will stop. I think we will see a major final onslaught of doom-mongering in the 'press'.

Those governments that are so inclined (here's looking at you Australia, Austria and Germany amongst others) will go full-on authoritarian and the rhetoric will continue to be pushed. Boosters will be accelerated because Big Pharma's got hungry little billionaire mouths to feed. It'll all happen quickly now because they're running out of time. The speed at which omicron is spreading if the data holds this is all over by March latest.

Of course, if the data doesn't hold and some of the outlandish claims in the press are to be believed that it is 20 times more deadly then we're all fucked anyway seeing as the number of mutations means that the vaccines are likely ineffective and we're all back in the same boat anyways.

So either way, we've no need for the anti-vaxxer label now so we might as well all stop dividing ourselves into camps :thumbright:

Fair enough the term is only aimed at antivaxer's that are looking to try and frighten people out of taking jabs with misleading or made up truths, genuine discussion and opposing views are fine but there are a lot of people with agendas to stop as many people taking the vaccines as possible, I'll call them people who don't want anyone to have a vaccine if you like.

"The early indications are that this variant will become dominant within a matter of weeks and that it is far more benign than any variant seen so far.

We are in the fourth wave, just as we were with the Spanish Flu pandemic that went through a similar evolution. Just as almost all viruses that have a droplet-based transmission vector eventually do as they rely on the relative health of the host for transmission. (Again I refer to my post on the previous page - which incidentally was posted before Omicron arrived)

Brilliant I hope so, it was always predicted to fade into mild illness and fingers crossed it will, but lets wait a bit longer and see, they say that pandemics normally last about three years, fingers crossed we are now on the last stage and things will be back to normal as soon as possible :thumbup:

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:14 pm

I overheard the stereophonics concert is postponed - don’t know why but presuming it’s the dark spectre of Drakeford behind it - which if it is then augurs badly for the forthcoming holiday period

Re: UPDATED DAILY : UK CORONAVIRUS - UPDATED 21/11/21

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:29 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:A bit of food for thought for those that like to follow the science and data...

Claim: "You need to have the vaccine to protect others in society. Those who don't take the vaccine are selfish and dangerous."

Reality: "Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory."

Indeed, it appears that the peak viral load of double vaccinated and unvaccinated are similar enough that it makes no difference at all - you get the virus you can still pass it on. With that in mind, the selfish "granny-killer" meme falls apart entirely.

I'll just steelman my own argument here as well by pointing out that some earlier studies showed vaccines to reduce transmission within the home by 50 odd per cent. However, that was of a very small sample set (less than 60) compared to this later study quoted and linked below which ran for a greater period of time across a much wider response set.

Source:
Lancet, Community transmission and viral load kinetics of the SARS-CoV-2 delta (B.1.617.2) variant in vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in the UK: a prospective, longitudinal, cohort study, October 29/10/21
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lani ... 73-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

Note - because of the brackets the link won't work in here but if you want to find the study just copy and paste the URL into your browser.

Claim: "You need to have the vaccine to protect the NHS"

Reality: Covid hospitalisations across the UK are currently 52% of what they were in 2020 at the same time of year. (Nov 17th 2020 16,528 Nov 17th 2021 8,531) (1)

In November 2020 in Wales, 17% of all hospitalisations were covid related (including suspected and confirmed). In November A&E daily admissions in Wales was 1000 less than the rolling 5-year average. (Probably due to the pubs being shut!). (2)

The NHS is of course to be protected (and as always I salute and thank all frontline staff) but the half a billion wasted on Nightingale hospitals that had all of 304 patients in England suggests that the situation was never as grave as it was presented. For reference, the cost per patient of English Nightingale hospitals was £1,743,421. (Welsh data wasn't available). (3)

As I say the NHS is under strain but it has been for years Before the-19 pandemic there was widespread evidence of a growing shortage of beds. In 2019/20, overnight general and acute bed occupancy averaged 90.2 per cent and regularly exceeded 95 per cent in winter. (4)

Finally, if we look at COVID cases taken to emergency care and filter by vaccination status that results in an overnight stay in hospital, 4773 were unvaccinated, while 6233 were double vaccinated. This data is of course skewed by the fact that we have a high % of the population that is vaccinated. However, statistically, 55% of all overnight stays in hospitals related to COVID are double vaccinated compared to 42% who are completely unvaccinated. (total number of hospitalisations in the three week period between 17th October and 8th November including those with single-dose vaccinations was 11,333). (5)

Given that we are at about half the total hospitalisations year on year, and that last year COVID accounted for 17% of hospitalisation in this period, we could assess that the percentage of hospitalisations in 2021 that are covid related would be about 8.5% and the unvaccinated would account for about two-fifths of that number so we are looking at about unvaccinated COVID related hospitalisations being about 3 or 4% of the total hospitalisations in Wales currently.

Sources:
(1) https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+h ... e&ie=UTF-8
(2) https://gov.wales/nhs-activity-and-capa ... -2020-html
(3) https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2021/ ... orth-money
(4) https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publicatio ... ed-numbers
(5) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... eek-46.pdf

Claim: "You're putting your life at risk if you don't take the vaccine"

Reality: Maybe, but probably not.

Despite all the hyperbole and constant media bombardment of the last two years, the statistics remain fairly the same. What is interesting is the data on IFR (infection fatality rate) that used to be fairly easy to find is now a lot, harder. It also used to be generally broken down by age as well. An earlier study by Springer indicated that the IFR in England for my age range would be 0.068) (1)

But admittedly it is hard to find a similar study now for whatever reason although I recall seeing 0.03 in a paper not too long ago but couldn't find it at the time of writing this so will disregard that number.

However, using more crude statistics to take a rolling weekly average from last week of the total population of UK across all age groups that had sadly died of COVID (136) and all those who had been infected in the same period (36,884) we can work out a total IFR in the country for the UK which would be 0.36% (2)

Considering this takes into account the deaths of those aged over 80 who are significantly more vulnerable, and also doesn't factor in those who are asymptomatic so not revealed as infected we can assume that this is a maximum IFR currently.

Given that we have already countered the argument that vaccination prevents transmission and the unvaccinated are a greater burden on the NHS than the vaccinated, the choice to remain vaccinated comes back to the individual and a survival rate of 99.64% is one that many might take over taking what is, despite all arguments to the contrary, still an untested new medical procedure in the case of mRNA vaccines.

Sources:
(1) https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 1/tables/3
(2) https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/

Claim: "Herd immunity can't be achieved"

Reality: Just a quick one here.

At the beginning of the pandemic, it was stated that the magic number for herd immunity would be 67%. That quickly got adjusted upwards in various corners of the world. In particular, Dr. Fauci in the US gave an interview in which he hedged the numbers in the vaguest way possible stating that somewhere between 70 and 90% of a population would need antibodies to achieve herd immunity. (1)

Good news Doc - here in the UK we just hit 92% of the population having antibodies to SARS COV-2 (COVID19) (2).

Herd immunity doesn't really mean that much given the evolving nature of the variants (a bit like the vaccine efficacy I guess) but it certainly would play a massive part in the virus' natural evolution to something much more benign as we learn to live with it and it learns to live with us.

Before COVID the theory of benign viral evolution (evolutionary trade-off) which asserts that viruses will naturally evolve across variants to become more transmissible and less virulent in order for them to have the greatest chance of ongoing replication, was a fairly widespread and accepted belief. (3)

Indeed, the fact that the more transmissible but less virulent Delta (India) variant is now quite widely established as the dominant versus the Alpha (UK) Beta (South Africa) and Gamma (Brazil) variants, which were statistically more virulent but less transmissible, does seem to align with that theory. (4)

Source:
(1) https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/24/heal ... virus.html
(2) https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... antibodies
(3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_trade_off
(4) https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-ne ... 56266.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8342008/

Given all of the above, the fact that Austria and Germany have just announced mandatory vaccination programs starting in February is perhaps the greatest single threat to liberty within Europe since the 1930s and anyone who doesn't see just how close we are getting to a very, very frightening dystopian future right now, really should start paying attention.

I've said all along, if people want to get the vaccine then that is their choice as long as we don't end up in a world of mandated medical procedures.

Well, while we are not quite there and with any luck, these decisions may be reversed, we've just arrived at the last pit stop before we do arrive and the decisions made to get here now have very, very little to do with the actual science.

If they did, they would be open to debate, discussion in the public eye as all good science should be - not the tyrannical authoritarian diktats we are seeing that are nothing more than modern medical Lysenkoism.

The NHS is not under strain yet due to the fact that so many people are vaccinated? If the people who don't want people to have vaccines had their way and the uptake was low the NHS would be overrun, and we would presently be in lockdown?

The reason lots of vaccinated people are in hospital is because virtually everyone who is close to death, or extremely old are vaccinated so that's the main reason the figures are skewed, proportionately in younger fitter people there are much more unvaccinated per 100,000 than vaccinated in hospitals and ICU.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:35 pm

Danny Says wrote:I overheard the stereophonics concert is postponed - don’t know why but presuming it’s the dark spectre of Drakeford behind it - which if it is then augurs badly for the forthcoming holiday period

Nothing to do with Drakeford or the Welsh Government.

Decision taken by promoters and the stadium so likely to be issues around being able to police even the minimum requirements on facilities and/or issues around insurance. It would only need one member of the bands to test positive and they may well have to cancel.

Apparently the major factor is that as they were having to close the roof due to the time of year and therefore it was being classed as an indoor event.

Thankfully the CCS doesn't have a roof :lol:

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:02 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:I overheard the stereophonics concert is postponed - don’t know why but presuming it’s the dark spectre of Drakeford behind it - which if it is then augurs badly for the forthcoming holiday period

Nothing to do with Drakeford or the Welsh Government.

Decision taken by promoters and the stadium so likely to be issues around being able to police even the minimum requirements on facilities and/or issues around insurance. It would only need one member of the bands to test positive and they may well have to cancel.

Apparently the major factor is that as they were having to close the roof due to the time of year and therefore it was being classed as an indoor event.

Thankfully the CCS doesn't have a roof :lol:

On your second paragraph, The Libertines have just announced they’ve cancelled gigs in Cardiff and Leicester, due to “strict adherence to Covid protocols” so there’s precedent for cancelling gigs for a positive case in the band and staff.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:25 pm

I can't believe what I have just watched by the PM of the UK.

He started off with (paraphrase) "we don't know what this new variant Omicron will do"......and then swiftly stated new restrictions.

He dodged questions on the obvious criminal activity on 18th December 2020 at number 10.....and then praised the woman who did it!!!

Do you honestly believe anything that comes out of the PM's mouth? :bluebird:

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:18 pm

Can't stand Boris but on this occasion I think he's acted correctly and as Chris Whitty pointed out the shenanigans that did or didn't happen last year shouldn't be confused with what the science is telling us now.I mean this might turn out to be a weak variant but at the moment nobody knows.He'd be crucified if he stood by and did nothing and this turned out to be a nasty variant.