Are you ready to return to the CCS?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby stickywicket » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:12 pm

Presuming Wales follows Scotland and allows boostered/lateral flow negative back fans back in to Stadiums.
Are you boostered?
Or relying on lateral glow tests?
Incidentally, lateral flow tests are available to order on the, NHS website.
stickywicket

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Are you ready to return to the CCS.

Postby piledriver64 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:15 pm

Boostered and ready to go !!
piledriver64

Postby carlton58 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:37 pm

More than ready
carlton58

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm

stickywicket wrote:Presuming Wales follows Scotland and allows boostered/lateral flow negative back fans back in to Stadiums.
Are you boostered?
Or relying on lateral glow tests?
Incidentally, lateral flow tests are available to order on the, NHS website.

Been ready for weeks :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby davids » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:05 pm

Should never have been prevented from going in the first place.

Kept away on one man's whim backed up by absolutely no evidence whatsoever.
davids

Postby Big Hill Blue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:06 pm

Fully injected. Will pies be on Sale?
Big Hill Blue

Postby darran1927 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:36 pm

davids wrote:Should never have been prevented from going in the first place.

This
darran1927

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:52 pm

darran1927 wrote:

This

See where the OP was trying to come from but the daftest question/thread of the week? :shock:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: Are you ready to return to the CCS?

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 am

On the cards -

Welsh Covid restrictions on large events and businesses brought in to tackle the Omicron variant will be scrapped in two weeks under new plans.

It follows mounting pressure from opposition parties demanding an exit plan, and falling case numbers.

Rules limiting outdoor activities will be lifted first.

The Welsh government said the success of the booster campaign meant it was able to lift restrictions, with 1.8 million having received an extra dose.

The Welsh Conservatives accused the Welsh Labour government of having overreacted to Omicron after tighter restrictions were brought in on 26 December.

Both the Conservatives and Plaid Cymru have called for a roadmap out of restrictions, while the Welsh Rugby Union had been considering moving home fixtures for the Six Nations out of Wales.

First Minister Mark Drakeford will announce the details of the plan, following the latest review of Covid rules, at a press conference at Friday lunchtime.
TopCat CCFC

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:43 am

Why does being boostered make any difference. They're still catching and spreading it for fun just like everyone else.
nubbsy

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:44 am

Big Hill Blue wrote:Fully injected. Will pies be on Sale?

You can only get a pie if you've had the booster mate and signed up for the 10 year Pfizer subscription.
nubbsy

Postby Isawgarystevensscoreagoal » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:42 am

nubbsy wrote:
Big Hill Blue wrote:Fully injected. Will pies be on Sale?

You can only get a pie if you've had the booster mate and signed up for the 10 year Pfizer subscription.

Moderna offering a free pie with their 5 year plan.
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal

Postby BlueView » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 am

:thumbright:
To bake a Swan - Scald it and take out the bones, parboil it, season it very well with Pepper, Salt and Ginger, lard it, put it in a deep Coffin of Rye Paste with store of Butter, close it and bake it very well, and when it is baked.
BlueView

Postby blue for you » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:04 am

Really looking forward to seeing city again. I’ve washed out my hip flask and itching to return.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

new rules at the CCS from tomorrow

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 am

new rules to apply from tomorrow :-

1. Must have a hand written note of approval from Drakeford.
2. You can only enter if you have voted for Labour at the Senedd elections
3. No singing or drinking allowed (Drakeford is a teetotaler - you must obey his guidelines at all times)
4. Dont comb your hair - it spreads corona, make sure any jackets have elbow patches.

That is all for now - further rules and guidelines will be forth coming as and when Nicola Sturgeon tells him what they are.
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby Bebbsyboy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm

Nah can’t be bothered to watch them
Bebbsyboy

Postby TERRYB » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:31 pm

The damage has been done, I can see loads of our fans staying away now, gone are the days of decent sized crowds at the CCS.
TERRYB

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:17 pm

TERRYB wrote:The damage has been done, I can see loads of our fans staying away now, gone are the days of decent sized crowds at the CCS.

What's decent....? :?

More than 2 - 3,000 from the 70's and 80's?

More than 10,000 from the 90's and into the millenium

More than 20,000 from the better part of Sam's reign

More than 25,000 from the Premier League years; part of which was played in, ahem, another colour?

Personally, I think our crowds (and season ticket numbers) are okay for where we currently sit on and off the pitch, so I'm genuinely interested in your thoughts... :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby TERRYB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:18 am

Too many factors have coincided: the pandemic has created a fear factor which means that fans who are now part of the older generation may well have to consider the risk in attending even if they are vaccinated; there is no apparent interest being shown to put in the money to challenge for promotion by the owner and no visibility of the owner at the games so you have to question what is the ambition and vision? There needs to be a change now before it’s too late, just don’t see how the necessary improvements will come if nothing changes with the current hierarchy.
TERRYB

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:30 pm

Well I’m ready for the return.

I know somebody in the NHS and I’ve actually had 15 booster jabs on top of my double vax.

I’m doubling up on masks that I can wear at the same time and I’ll have my plastic gloves on and my PCR and Lateral flow tests done before entry.

I’m still a little scared though.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby bluesince62 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:30 pm

TERRYB wrote:Too many factors have coincided: the pandemic has created a fear factor which means that fans who are now part of the older generation may well have to consider the risk in attending even if they are vaccinated; there is no apparent interest being shown to put in the money to challenge for promotion by the owner and no visibility of the owner at the games so you have to question what is the ambition and vision? There needs to be a change now before it’s too late, just don’t see how the necessary improvements will come if nothing changes with the current hierarchy.

Well, im part of that "older generation ", and cannot wait to get going again, I cannot have the jab,but tbh, I feel its safe enough, outdoors especially! My concerns were around what others may think, me being unvaccinated and all.but decided not to give too much sway to it, have attended since we were allowed back, and have introduced my 7yr old great niece as a bluebird now!( her dads a villa fan.from brum!)my life is full of what ifs every day, and ive decided to treat this the same!after all im at greater risk than those who are fully jabbed right?.
I couldnt give two monleys on who is in charge tbh,but im not going to beat up on our current one, as we are all seeing what happens with cash splashing! Stoke.reading.derby.bristol city.boro and imho, more to come! The pandemic has decimated teams financially, leaving them foul of ffp.we, to date seemed to have avoided that pitfall.( fingers crossed).
Who apart from the obvious(not everyones choice) hammam, who is out there lining up to buy us??
Im grateful we have cut our cloth this yr, or we would be in the same predicament as the teams mentioned.

This year is, and has been from day one, been about survival imho, MM was given reign over which players left, were loaned out etc, they trusted him as a football old head( same with warnock) he decimated any flair and pace, as thats not his way of playing,and left us with the most lopsided and laborious squads in yrs!!
bluesince62

Postby Sven » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:09 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Well I’m ready for the return.

I know somebody in the NHS and I’ve actually had 15 booster jabs on top of my double vax.

I’m doubling up on masks that I can wear at the same time and I’ll have my plastic gloves on and my PCR and Lateral flow tests done before entry.

I’m still a little scared though.

:thumbup: ;) :lol: :lol: :clap:
Sven

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:15 am

Nah.. the good thing about Ninian, and old grounds in general, was the crowd dynamic. Now it’s like watching a bad play at the Theatre. It changed, and for the worse. It’s soulless there, but apparently it’s a Match day experience. Whatever that crock means..
rumpo kid

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:37 am

nubbsy wrote:Why does being boostered make any difference. They're still catching and spreading it for fun just like everyone else.

Correct, but really small % of people having to go into hospital and, of those, approx 90% are unvaccinated/unboostered.

If everyone had their booster there would little/no need for any restrictions because the NHS could cope perfectly well.
piledriver64

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:44 am

Im ready for a return. I just hope those over zealous stewards use a bit of common sense and allow us to enter through the entrance closest to our seats.
RICK+CCFC

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:08 pm

Not being one to watch the bullshit news, Are boosters compulsory for entry?
1980s Bluebird

Postby SWilliams » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:14 pm

I really want to return as I’ve missed watching the football and spending time with my teenage son on a match day (with our ‘expert’ post match analysis after the game. But being honest Im still a bit nervous. I’m diabetic and now 50 years old. So the scare mongering from Dripford and the media has concerned me, even though I tend to think his decisions are more politically motivated and represent his ambitions to control people. But I’m fully jabbed and life has to go on. So at some point I’m going to need to bite the bullet and just go. Im just annoyed that all this daily news being forced down my neck is holding me back.
SWilliams

Postby englishbluebird » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:16 pm

I wil lstick to the away matches.
Never will I disclose my medical status or test myself for a virus I know full well I dont have.
I personally know 6 people that no longer bother because of this and there must be so many more
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Return to General Chat