Simon Jordan slams Wales players for lacking 'class' in star

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Simon Jordan slams Wales players for lacking 'class' in startling radio blast and says he'll be supporting Scotland in play-off
Former Crystal Palace chief Simon Jordan has hit out at Wales players 'ridiculing' England being knocked out of Euro 2016 and says 'it might well have been funny, but there's a class'

Simon Jordan wants Scotland to beat Wales in the World Cup play-off final following the reaction of Chris Coleman's side to England's Euro 2016 exit.

The Three Lions were beaten 2-1 by Iceland as they exited the European Championships at the last-16 stage in France six years ago. In the same tournament, Wales progressed to the semi-finals before losing 2-0 to eventual winners Portugal in Lyon.

Roy Hodgson resigned from his post as England boss immediately after the defeat to Iceland, and footage emerged on social media of Wales players celebrating the result. With Rob Page's side due to host either Scotland or Ukraine for a place at this year's Qatar World Cup, radio pundit Jordan has stated he will be supporting Steve Clarke's men should they make it to the Cardiff final on June 5.

Read more:Gareth Bale declared fit for Real Madrid's Champions League final with Liverpool as Ancelotti hints at dream swansong

"If you're asking me who I would like to see qualify in the Battle of Britain, I'd like the Scots," he told Talksport. "I don't particularly appreciate the Welsh and their ridicule of our performance at the 2016 European Championships. It might well have been funny, but there's a class.

"Fans go one way and players go another. We were seeing the Welsh national team celebrating the demise of the English national team. We weren't seeing the fans or idiot pundits, we were seeing the players themselves."

Wales are unbeaten in their last 18 matches on home soil and will be playing at a World Cup for the first time since 1958 if they emerge victorious in the June final. Gareth Bale is expected to be fit for the contest at Cardiff City Stadium, despite playing just 20 minutes of football for Real Madrid since Wales defeated Austria in the semi-finals on March 24.

And Jordan has said it will be the "end of Wales" if Bale does not once again deliver the goods for his country in the play-off final.

"They're a team that are carried by Gareth Bale, who, with respect, despite the fact I think his agent [Jonathan Barnett] is ghastly, with that to one side, I think Gareth Bale carries them, and I'm not a huge admirer of what he contributes to football in this last couple of years," added former Crystal Palace chairman Jordan.

"I think, Gareth Bale, once upon a time, going to Spain and performing at a level for Real Madrid, was phenomenal to watch.

"I think the last two or three years, he's wasted everyone's time, including his own. If he doesn't turn up in that game against Scotland, that's the end of Wales."

Bale is expected to be included in Real Madrid's squad for their Champions League final clash with Liverpool on Saturday. The Paris showdown could see him make his final appearance for the Spanish giants given that his contract expires in the summer.
Attachments
940868D7-8C8D-4711-B538-F14E66A90C90.jpeg
940868D7-8C8D-4711-B538-F14E66A90C90.jpeg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Simon Jordan slams Wales players for lacking 'class' in

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:18 pm

Feck off Jordan you knob. Who cares what you think. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sneggyblubird » Wed May 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Poor Bloke He's only trying to get some death threats to prove to the station he's still worth listening to.Loads will gobble this shite up. :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Wayne S » Wed May 25, 2022 1:24 pm

How funny that he would support Scotland over us.

I know there is no footage but the Scottish players would be celebrating wherever they were, possibly more than our players.
Wayne S

Postby Igovernor » Wed May 25, 2022 1:25 pm

And we all care what he says :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Igovernor

Postby JulesK » Wed May 25, 2022 1:31 pm

Feck off you orange twit.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
JulesK

Postby riley1951 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:51 pm

He will be carry the drinks, for Scotland players, while we watch Wales best Ukraine
riley1951

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed May 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Who ?????????????????????
Welshman in CA

Postby montyblue » Wed May 25, 2022 4:07 pm

They should have been laughed at before the tournament had started they had won it to far up there own a.s.s they where terrible apart from beating us iceland where a team of postmen etc
there tactics had harry kane taking corners and
woy hodgson got it all wong
they like dishing it out to other countries but don' t like it back they lost to part timers but accirding to the pundit panel media etc they where at least going to the final
Sour grapes because we topped the group and got to semi at 1st attempt.
montyblue

Postby pontlliwblue » Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm

Talkshite at its best.
pontlliwblue

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 25, 2022 8:55 pm

"It might well have been funny"

Hit the nail on the head with that one, fair play.
nubbsy

Postby Daicwmbran » Wed May 25, 2022 9:27 pm

Simon who
Daicwmbran

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 25, 2022 9:54 pm

Wayne S wrote:How funny that he would support Scotland over us.

I know there is no footage but the Scottish players would be celebrating wherever they were, possibly more than our players.

Spot on Wayne.

I like Simon Jordan, hes a clever bloke, sometimes talks sense and sometimes talks shit but one thing you can guarantee is that whatever he says is for a reason.

If these comments make even a few Welshmen ring up talksport trying to get through at £1.50 a minute or whatever they charge (and they will) he will have done his job.

He will know full well that the Scots hate the English far more than most Welsh do.
RV Casual

Postby BluebirdForever » Wed May 25, 2022 10:13 pm

Where’s England’s class when they’re shoving flares up their arses and causing mayhem in whichever country they visit?

Am I correct in saying Wales’ fanbase caused no trouble during the campaign in question and shared pubs with other nations’ fans in harmony?
BluebirdForever

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 26, 2022 8:05 am

It's what talksport do, I quite like Jordan he says it it how he see's generally but is also on to be controversial and wind up some of the audience. If we were English we could probably see it more from his point of view, which has been exagerated for effect, he's playing to a English, Scottish and Welsh audience.
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 26, 2022 8:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Simon Jordan slams Wales players for lacking 'class' in startling radio blast and says he'll be supporting Scotland in play-off
Former Crystal Palace chief Simon Jordan has hit out at Wales players 'ridiculing' England being knocked out of Euro 2016 and says 'it might well have been funny, but there's a class'

Simon Jordan wants Scotland to beat Wales in the World Cup play-off final following the reaction of Chris Coleman's side to England's Euro 2016 exit.

The Three Lions were beaten 2-1 by Iceland as they exited the European Championships at the last-16 stage in France six years ago. In the same tournament, Wales progressed to the semi-finals before losing 2-0 to eventual winners Portugal in Lyon.

Roy Hodgson resigned from his post as England boss immediately after the defeat to Iceland, and footage emerged on social media of Wales players celebrating the result. With Rob Page's side due to host either Scotland or Ukraine for a place at this year's Qatar World Cup, radio pundit Jordan has stated he will be supporting Steve Clarke's men should they make it to the Cardiff final on June 5.

Read more:Gareth Bale declared fit for Real Madrid's Champions League final with Liverpool as Ancelotti hints at dream swansong

"If you're asking me who I would like to see qualify in the Battle of Britain, I'd like the Scots," he told Talksport. "I don't particularly appreciate the Welsh and their ridicule of our performance at the 2016 European Championships. It might well have been funny, but there's a class.

"Fans go one way and players go another. We were seeing the Welsh national team celebrating the demise of the English national team. We weren't seeing the fans or idiot pundits, we were seeing the players themselves."

Wales are unbeaten in their last 18 matches on home soil and will be playing at a World Cup for the first time since 1958 if they emerge victorious in the June final. Gareth Bale is expected to be fit for the contest at Cardiff City Stadium, despite playing just 20 minutes of football for Real Madrid since Wales defeated Austria in the semi-finals on March 24.

And Jordan has said it will be the "end of Wales" if Bale does not once again deliver the goods for his country in the play-off final.

"They're a team that are carried by Gareth Bale, who, with respect, despite the fact I think his agent [Jonathan Barnett] is ghastly, with that to one side, I think Gareth Bale carries them, and I'm not a huge admirer of what he contributes to football in this last couple of years," added former Crystal Palace chairman Jordan.

"I think, Gareth Bale, once upon a time, going to Spain and performing at a level for Real Madrid, was phenomenal to watch.

"I think the last two or three years, he's wasted everyone's time, including his own. If he doesn't turn up in that game against Scotland, that's the end of Wales."

Bale is expected to be included in Real Madrid's squad for their Champions League final clash with Liverpool on Saturday. The Paris showdown could see him make his final appearance for the Spanish giants given that his contract expires in the summer.

As for Bale he is right isn't he, he has carried us for years, yes it's a great team spirit but without Bales class we would have dropped down a couple of levels.
Bluebina

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu May 26, 2022 7:13 pm

Whose Simon Jordan - anyone famous? Or just a nobody slagging us off?
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu May 26, 2022 7:50 pm

I like Simon Jordan. He's purely saying this for a reaction. End of the day he's English and if any of them laughed at us getting knocked out I'd not like it either. And probably hold a grudge far longer than he has for 2016!
jimmy_rat

Return to General Chat