Romaine Sawyers rumour ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Romaine Sawyers rumour ?

Postby Einstein » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Jumanji Jim wrote:
Einstein wrote:Scored 9 goals in around 213 championship games. Not being funny but I reckon I could get 5 or 6 in that number of games and I'm 48. He's not for me.

:lol: I'm willing to bet all the money I have you couldn't - and I think Im on a winner here as by the time you play that number of professional league and cup games, allowing for injuries, you'd be 96 and still on 0 goals. :lol:

Harsh but fair mate :-)

The point was we need strikers not midfielders
Einstein

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Big Kief the chief » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:33 pm

Einstein wrote:
Jumanji Jim wrote:
Einstein wrote:Scored 9 goals in around 213 championship games. Not being funny but I reckon I could get 5 or 6 in that number of games and I'm 48. He's not for me.

:lol: I'm willing to bet all the money I have you couldn't - and I think Im on a winner here as by the time you play that number of professional league and cup games, allowing for injuries, you'd be 96 and still on 0 goals. :lol:

Our strikers will need midfielders who can create chances for them, which is exactly what he is.
Big Kief the chief

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:49 pm

Big Kief the chief wrote:
Einstein wrote:
Jumanji Jim wrote:

Our strikers will need midfielders who can create chances for them, which is exactly what he is.

Absolutely right. Some are getting a bit jittery but there’s ages to go til start of season yet. I’m betting we’ll have a midfielder and two strikers at least in over the next two weeks
bluebirdoct1962

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:53 pm

I bet the clinic that performs the medicals wished they were paid on rumours.....How many have had medicals so far that hasn't resulted in the photos in the chair :lol: :lol: ;)
llan bluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Sawyers has typically been used as a no. 10 over the last few years, and plays quite a high midfield position for at Kitts and Nevis.

I can only imagine but I can only see him playing as a no. 10 for us as we are very well stocked for defensive midfielders.

A striker and perhaps another forward (who can play across the front positions) and a defender and I'd be happy... Providing they are decent quality, especially the striker as that is the area we can't afford to mess up, and if there is some money available (a big IF) thats where I would like to see it spent.
AfricanBluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:36 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:Sawyers has typically been used as a no. 10 over the last few years, and plays quite a high midfield position for at Kitts and Nevis.

I can only imagine but I can only see him playing as a no. 10 for us as we are very well stocked for defensive midfielders.

A striker and perhaps another forward (who can play across the front positions) and a defender and I'd be happy... Providing they are decent quality, especially the striker as that is the area we can't afford to mess up, and if there is some money available (a big IF) thats where I would like to see it spent.

Actually that’s a good point, an experienced organiser for the centre of defence.
bluebirdoct1962

Previous

Return to General Chat