What went wrong? Steve Morison:

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:22 pm

What went wrong?

Steve Morison:

"I don't know. You'd have to get the players up here to ask. We gave them a plan, we told them what was going to happen and we didn't perform to the same levels that we performed last week.”

"I think the main one, which is the most frustrating, is the attitude and mentality, rather than ability and what we did with the ball. We weren't brave enough. They didn't have belief in themselves. Last week we had all of that in abundance.@

"They are human beings at the end of the day and they are allowed to have bad days at the office. Let's just hope they are few and far between."

“ I would like to apologise to the 2,000-odd fans who gave up their Saturday to come and watch us not turn up."
Attachments
74B4BE73-C304-42ED-B63A-94C1C29C17A2.jpeg
74B4BE73-C304-42ED-B63A-94C1C29C17A2.jpeg (45.32 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What went wrong? Steve Morison:

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:What went wrong?

Steve Morison:

"I don't know. You'd have to get the players up here to ask. We gave them a plan, we told them what was going to happen and we didn't perform to the same levels that we performed last week.”

"I think the main one, which is the most frustrating, is the attitude and mentality, rather than ability and what we did with the ball. We weren't brave enough. They didn't have belief in themselves. Last week we had all of that in abundance.@

"They are human beings at the end of the day and they are allowed to have bad days at the office. Let's just hope they are few and far between."

“ I would like to apologise to the 2,000-odd fans who gave up their Saturday to come and watch us not turn up."

No need to apologise imo Steve, I enjoyed it and so did everyone that I spoke to who was there. Looking forward to Saturday. Ps. Start with Etete please. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby arri potta » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:15 am

attitude, mentality and not turning up - seriously on the second game of the season??????????

think he needs to change the music on the bus boom box :laughing6:
arri potta

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:18 am

arri potta wrote:attitude, mentality and not turning up - seriously on the second game of the season??????????

think he needs to change the music on the bus boom box :laughing6:

My guess is with‘attitude’ he means being willing to go for it, being brave. I’m pretty sure he’s not meaning ‘can’t be bothered’.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby City slicker27 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:24 am

We have had a massive turnover in players. I know this reason will only ride for long but the team will need time to gel properly and get used to playing with each other. I'm expecting an inconsistent start to the seaaon and a stronger finish as the season goes on. One week we might look the real deal and then not turn up for the next game.

I think we should all expect to see performances like yesterday, when we struggle to get going, and be patient when they do happen. But as morison says, hopefully they are few and far between.
City slicker27

Postby NIBluebird » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:38 am

Fair play to him for apologising, not many previous managers would do that

Reserve team Tuesday then we start again Saturday in front of a good crowd
NIBluebird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:59 am

NIBluebird wrote:Fair play to him for apologising, not many previous managers would do that

Reserve team Tuesday then we start again Saturday in front of a good crowd

Agree. :bluescarf:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby nojac » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 pm

Rinomhota going off didn't help us . Ralls and Wintle getting in each others way . Rinomhota was a big miss , he is an outlet for Wintle, to pass too , turning defence into attack. Where as Ralls was going toward Wintle , rather than running into space . By them two being so close together it was easy.for the Reading midfield to nulify !
nojac

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:53 pm

nojac wrote:Rinomhota going off didn't help us . Ralls and Wintle getting in each others way . Rinomhota was a big miss , he is an outlet for Wintle, to pass too , turning defence into attack. Where as Ralls was going toward Wintle , rather than running into space . By them two being so close together it was easy.for the Reading midfield to nulify !

Absolutely spot on.
Have to say that we looked far worse when Rhinomota went off. Hopefully he’s ok for Saturday
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Barclay1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:55 am

I predicted both our opening two results and also Readings opener.

I was desperately hoping for a win at Reading especially after we took the lead, but after such a brilliant opening day result for me it was always going to be 'after the lord mayors show'.

Dont get me wrong we played Ok, but there are trends out there and ive seen them before. It was gonna happen.

I think well do ok this season so long as we get Etete up and running AND get another striker. A new CB and we could surprise a few.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby Bluebina » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:40 am

I was dissapointed we lost from a winning position, we used to go one nil down last season and have to fight back, at one nil until the penalty we did look so comfortable, I agree about Rhino too and to a lesser extent Romeo we missed them when they went off.
Bluebina

Return to General Chat