Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Birmingham OMG!!!!

Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:37 am

Out of interest I took a look at the Birmingham Board and all their fans are spitting feathers with the Rooney situation. Apparently they are clueless all over the park and reading the post match comments from Rooney I think he is very much on thin ice, blaming the players saying they are dis-organised and not doing their jobs, it sounds as if the lack of organisation is down to the manager and coaching staff.
As we all know there are no easy matches in this division, however I would rate our game Wednesday as a total home banker and with Brim due at Leicester next Saturday that could lead to the 10th managerial casualty this season before Christmas. So Maybe Wayne might be having a quite family Christmas this year! :wave:

Re: Birmingham OMG!!!!

Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:48 am

Ridiculous appointment in the first place

Rooney can hardly string a sentence together never mind manage a football team!!

Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:56 am

Watched a bit of their game last night and they looked absolutely clueless.

Didn’t seem to have a game plan and players were playing out of position.

Also saw them on Sky (and went to our Carabao Cup game there), when Eustace was still in charge. It was a completely story. Looked dangerous going forward and seemed like a decent team.

They were actually my dark horses for the top six before the season started but not now Rooney is there.

Was obvious to everyone apart from their American owners that Eustace was a good manager and the person to take them forward.

At some point he will get another job and probably do very well, maybe then they’ll understand.

A bit like when Watford sacked Rob Edwards early last season and then he got Luton promoted.

Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:17 am

They were piss poor last night. Hoping for a repeat performance against us next Wednesday.

Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:13 pm

When we played them they were piss poor too. It was funny hearing their fans going on about promotion and how the club was on the up basically cos they put a few new lights up and a lick of paint.

Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:13 pm

They got Tom Brady in charge havent they? ex NFL

I guess he knows a lot about Sports Marketing but his general knowledge and experience of soccer is lacking.

He knows as much about soccer as Tony Petty did.

Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:They got Tom Brady in charge havent they? ex NFL

I guess he knows a lot about Sports Marketing but his general knowledge and experience of soccer is lacking.

He knows as much about soccer as Tony Petty did.

So not far behind Tan then?

Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:42 pm

Birmingham city the blues rebrand to lucky red maybe change their fortunes

Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:36 pm

skiprat wrote:Birmingham city the blues rebrand to lucky red maybe change their fortunes

Now that would be funny.

Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:57 pm

I highlighted Birmingham's performance over the last 5 years + in this Division - before Rooney's 1st Game .

Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:30 am

Rooney as a manager? Never saw that coming, hearing him speak, i'm not convinced at all. Said to have done an ok job at Derby under trying circumstances but it was a no lose situation for him in many ways.

Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:27 am

TAXI FOR ROONEY :lol:

Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:41 pm

Hope Brum keep Jim until Thursday morning.

Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:42 pm

him not jim