Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ It’s time to put Bulut on trial “

Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:48 pm

I see these games until the end of the season as a trial period for Bulut.

We won’t go down and very unlikely to be top six so there’s not much jeopardy for the rest of this season.

Fans want to see more attacking football and better performances.

If he can’t deliver that then the club should look for a more attack minded manager.

I’ve been a big supporter of Bulut but lost patience on Saturday.

Being honest, if we play like this next season then we have no chance of competing for anything - whoever we have playing for us.

Re: “ It’s time to put Bulut on trial “

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:20 pm

Totally agree
I was all for bulut , but after Saturday I’m starting wonder if he’s the wrong man for the job , but then we can go further up to the owners , they ain’t fit for the job either , it’s a mess

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:56 pm

I feel your pain Worcester. Saturday was a tough one to take. But I see on another thread his win ratio is close to NW’s. Doesn’t feel like it.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:45 pm

Simplesimon wrote:I feel your pain Worcester. Saturday was a tough one to take. But I see on another thread his win ratio is close to NW’s. Doesn’t feel like it.

It feels different doesn't it, when in all seriousness it's less than 1% difference.

At least with Malky and DJ we had good football

Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:27 pm

Entertainment the name of the game

I'm pleased some are now realising where we are with Erol.
You don't mind losing games, if the effort and fight is there

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:32 pm

Time will tell ....

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:49 am

Somehow we've not gone more than 3 league games this season without a win, which has helped us maintain a reasonable league position. But it is patently obvious that we are in decline, cannot perform or win at home, are unable to score goals from open play and look nailed-on certainties for relegation next season if Bulut is still with us. Like Worcester I believe he's on trial till the end of the season but I just can't see him turning things around.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:33 am

Some comedy gold on here fair play.. I think Bulut should stay, but only if backed.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 am

Somewhere things seem to have changed in his demeanour and approach with the club as well as the football.
Everything seems low key interms of expectations and style of football….long gone is the press and attacking football at the beginning of the season.
Not sure if he’s already decided to go himself at the end of the season but up till the last few games I’ve been a big supporter of his.
We can’t keep putting the same players like Wintle and Etete on the park and expect different results …
He’s been here long enough to be more tactically aware of the league but has gone more and more defensive..
I want him to stay but he must change himself as well as the team and tactics.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:31 am

I have been a City fan all my life, but at the moment I have other things on my mind.
I definitely think we should put Netanyahu on trial.
:bluebird:
Anyway lets hope for a great City performance at WBA tonight.
:bluebird:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:41 am

What position does he play?

Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:36 am

I think Bulut is on trial until the end of the season. If he does alright, he'll get a contract extension and a few quid to get some players in. If he doesn't, then we're back to square one.. looking for a new manager, who will want to bring in his own players.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:55 am

rumpo kid wrote:Some comedy gold on here fair play.. I think Bulut should stay, but only if backed.

I think the funniest comedic moments of this thread have been provided by your goodself. For some reason you believe that despite all the evidence of Bulut's tactical ineptitude and lack of motivational skills, all he needs is a few extra quid from the board and bingo we'll be transformed into winners.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Ring any bells ?

For what it's worth, I firmly believe that we have enough quality players to vastly improve our on-field performances but they are being badly let down by the tactics employed by the manager. Sadly, no amount of money will put that right.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Some comedy gold on here fair play.. I think Bulut should stay, but only if backed.

I think the funniest comedic moments of this thread have been provided by your goodself. For some reason you believe that despite all the evidence of Bulut's tactical ineptitude and lack of motivational skills, all he needs is a few extra quid from the board and bingo we'll be transformed into winners.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Ring any bells ?

For what it's worth, I firmly believe that we have enough quality players to vastly improve our on-field performances but they are being badly let down by the tactics employed by the manager. Sadly, no amount of money will put that right.

As Top Cat says well above, time will tell...!

Erol Bulut has done well to get our original squad to halfway in the position we were in; and I don't read too many posts that say otherwise...

The recent dip in form has dismayed most of us but we seem to have forgotten the good he did in favour of the bad...

He's had one one transfer window to transform his squad and in the end we picked up 5 decent signings plus the potential of the Japanese player (on loan to FC Kjortvik)...

The next few games will be telling, so let's just wait and see; preferably without the barrage of negativity currently surrounding everything Cardiff City FC... :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:23 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

"I firmly believe that we have enough quality players to vastly improve our on-field performances:..

You can exclude Ralls, Wintle, Bowler, Robinson, Collins, Etete, and maybe Tanner. Ramsey and O'Dowda aren't fit.
Turnbull is an unknown, as are the other new loanees. Siopis is out of form.

Firm in your belief, who are these quality players?

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:43 pm

Sven wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

As Top Cat says well above, time will tell...!

Erol Bulut has done well to get our original squad to halfway in the position we were in; and I don't read too many posts that say otherwise...

The recent dip in form has dismayed most of us but we seem to have forgotten the good he did in favour of the bad...

He's had one one transfer window to transform his squad and in the end we picked up 5 decent signings plus the potential of the Japanese player (on loan to FC Kjortvik)...

The next few games will be telling, so let's just wait and see; preferably without the barrage of negativity currently surrounding everything Cardiff City FC... :ayatollah:

Sven, you used the word 'dismayed' to describe the feeling amongst fans and that is true enough but it's not due to a recent dip in form. We have not produced a good performance at home since the Bristol City game three and a half months ago !

I was of the opinion fairly recently that the board should extend Bulut's contract by say 12 months but after every week passes with baffling team selections and terrible performances, I realise I'd probably got it wrong.

Generally I'm not a negative person and never criticise individuals or the club after a defeat or two like some. That's the ups and downs of football. But consistently bad performances with one man at the helm must raise doubts in even the most positive of fans.

As per the title of the thread I believe Bulut is on trial until the end of the season. No sane person could realistically offer him an extended contract unless things pick up pretty sharpish.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 pm

I would say he has been on trail for many a game now.