Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I honestly cant get my head around to why would you?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:58 pm

I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

Opinions please :thumbright:

Re: I honestly cant get my head around to why would you?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Getting old
Injury prone
Always good for a mistake or two
How ever
Very profesional still in good shape think he genuinely loves cardiff
But time moves on big thank you for past glorys good luck in the future mark :bluescarf: :ole: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Its a shame hudson left on a anti climax and good luck to him and i think gabbidon could prove vital with his experience and can still do a job when needed and him also being a defensive coach for ole is a bonus so i am happy with Gabbs coming back. :ayatollah: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Hudson has been great for us but my feeling is that Ole wants someone quicker and with better ball control who can link up with midfield without just hoofing it up front. I don't know if Manga will turn out to be that guy, know nothing about him, but we'll see.

Also, Hudson seemed to be missing more games than he was in, with injuries,and as he's getting older that's not going to get any better.

finally, there's nothing stopping Hudson coming back a few years later as a coach, just look at Danny :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Just another thread questioning ole :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:17 pm

When has Hudson completed a full season? Was it 11/12? All other seasons he's had an injury problem in each one.
Old.
Our new CB's are younger and are more comfortable on the ball.
Hudson is on high wages.

Gabbidon is probably on next to nothing(guess work before anyone jumps the gun and says I know everything) and also knows the club. Can teach the younger players a few things and can then retire as a coach here. Win win

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Got to agree with Annis on this

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:18 pm

Also Gabbidon is NOT a replacement for Hudson. Manga is a replacement for Hudson. At the end of the day Ole is the manager and he wants his own team. He wants to implement a philosophy with different types of CB's.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

we have to start anticipating a return to the prem now if we want to ever establish ourselves there, mark was never going to make the jump and so playing him was an opportunity cost for someone younger and better who we could gel like manga who can spend this year learning to speak English.

Gabbidon was brought in mostly for his prem experience so we don't get our ass handed to us again if we get promoted, he can pass on his knowledge which we were lacking last year to our other defenders because he's also a couch. Planning for the future.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Agree Annis sometimes logic goes out of the window .And yes I thought Gabbs was class as well but getting rid of Hudson not one of Ole's finer moves could still served us well in Chamionship ok not Prem but still a good player for Championship.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Ole thinks we have better, must have rated huds for his impact in the changing room, but i dont see him as being better than cala or turner, now we gabs, manga and connolly. I would say Manga has obviously been bought to play, so hudson would be 4th choice at best. We dont need him here on that wage for 4th choice. Gabs probably less money, and gives us a coach aswell.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Gabbidon isn't expecting to play. Hudson is.
Is how you end the thread

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:34 pm

The squad has outgrown him.

I feel Ole is trying to build a squad to besides win promotion from this league but to substain itself in the premier. I feel Hudson will have well passed his sell by date for the premier if we get there next season so it is best to get someone in who has potential to make it.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Seems logical for me.

Annis I seem to remember you used to have a go at DJ over the signing of Hudson and his huge wages, maybe that's a reason, no doubt he has had an improved contract since so that could be a reason also.

Hudsons injuries haven't helped him, he has played little football recently and I don't think he is the type of player you slip into the team for one or two games where as gabbidon would fit in.

I'm sure Hudson could have done a coaching role but maybe that's not what he wants, or maybe Ole didn't think he was the right type of person he wanted on his coaching set up.

My bet is more that he is on a wage for a bit part player.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Hudson was a model professional during his time with us and despite taking pelters, about being to slow and not Championship standard, when he arrived won over the vast majority of the fanbase by his committment and leadership.

But despite being with the club for 5 years he only once completed 40 league matches in a season and, in his early 30's, that record was hardly likely to improve. As regards a role as player coach maybe Mark wants to concentrate on player for a few more years yet before trying his hand in that sort of role, DG on the otherhand is in the age bracket where he may well be looking to do a bit of coaching so, at this moment, is a better fit in that role than MH.

All players eventually leave because no player goes on forever and maybe right now if a goodtime for both MH and the club.MH gave everything he had for our club and when he said he was disappointed at the way his time with us ended surely he was talking about the own goal at Wolves. He shouldn't worry about that because he will, in my opinion, be remembered as a model pro, a leader and above all else that goal.

Good luck for the future Mark.

:ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Seems logical for me.

Annis I seem to remember you used to have a go at DJ over the signing of Hudson and his huge wages, maybe that's a reason, no doubt he has had an improved contract since so that could be a reason also.

Hudsons injuries haven't helped him, he has played little football recently and I don't think he is the type of player you slip into the team for one or two games where as gabbidon would fit in.

I'm sure Hudson could have done a coaching role but maybe that's not what he wants, or maybe Ole didn't think he was the right type of person he wanted on his coaching set up.

Hudson doesn't have the prem experience to be a coach for us, gabs does.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 pm

The simple answer is that he's not good enough

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Honestly??? Not played any real football in two seasons..he can't run in the warm up never mind the game..completely gone ..time to move on with some pace in Morrison and the new lad from Gabon...gabbidon will be better for cover as he can play right accross the back four...

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 pm

How the hell does anyone think Hudson has been replaced with Gabbidon?!!???
We have:

Manga, Morrison, Turner, Cala, Connolly and Gabbidon. Gabbidon is sixth choice.

He was replaced with Morrison really. An ageing player on big wages who has had one injury free season (and even then...) in five years who was in the final year of his deal.

The four defenders ahead of him are aged 23-26 and Conolly is 26 too. 6 years older than the other CBs. Is it really a huge suprise?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 pm

Has Gabbidon got any coaching qualifications?
He is as good if not better than Hudson as a player :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Typical negative thread always something to moan about :old: thread didnt even mention our new 5.5 million signing who has replaced Hudson :lol:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:41 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

we have to start anticipating a return to the prem now if we want to ever establish ourselves there, mark was never going to make the jump and so playing him was an opportunity cost for someone younger and better who we could gel like manga who can spend this year learning to speak English.

Gabbidon was brought in mostly for his prem experience so we don't get our ass handed to us again if we get promoted, he can pass on his knowledge which we were lacking last year to our other defenders because he's also a couch. Planning for the future.

I agree we have to start anticipating a return to the Premier League, but Gabbidon is not the answer in my opinion as a player or a coach as he has no experience.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:41 pm

No one made Hudson move he wanted to play ole got two new centre backs there going to play and Hudson new he had to move to get some game time. Simple his choice

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:42 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Has Gabbidon got any coaching qualifications?
He is as good if not better than Hudson as a player :ayatollah:

No and No.

In his prime Gabbs was a better player :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:44 pm

stapes wrote:Typical negative thread always something to moan about :old: thread didnt even mention our new 5.5 million signing who has replaced Hudson :lol:

Most of my topics lately have been very positive, but if I honestly dont believe in this, then I am entitled to my opinion :thumbright:

As to the £5 million player, never heard of him before.

As to our current squad, best Ive ever seen us have in 40 odd years :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Seems logical for me.

Luke, DJ put his wages up from £9,000 a week to I think £13,000 or £15,000 a week after he got relegated with Charlton, I couldnt understand why we increased them, Hudson won me over on the pitch :lol: :thumbright:

I am sure he will do well with Huddersfield, good luck to him :thumbup:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:48 pm

castleblue wrote:Hudson was a model professional during his time with us and despite taking pelters, about being to slow and not Championship standard, when he arrived won over the vast majority of the fanbase by his committment and leadership.

But despite being with the club for 5 years he only once completed 40 league matches in a season and, in his early 30's, that record was hardly likely to improve. As regards a role as player coach maybe Mark wants to concentrate on player for a few more years yet before trying his hand in that sort of role, DG on the otherhand is in the age bracket where he may well be looking to do a bit of coaching so, at this moment, is a better fit in that role than MH.

All players eventually leave because no player goes on forever and maybe right now if a goodtime for both MH and the club.MH gave everything he had for our club and when he said he was disappointed at the way his time with us ended surely he was talking about the own goal at Wolves. He shouldn't worry about that because he will, in my opinion, be remembered as a model pro, a leader and above all else that goal.

Good luck for the future Mark.

:ole:

Gary as always, great post about one of our ex players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm

RFMH wrote:How the hell does anyone think Hudson has been replaced with Gabbidon?!!???
We have:

He was replaced with Morrison really. An ageing player on big wages who has had one injury free season (and even then...) in five years who was in the final year of his deal.

The four defenders ahead of him are aged 23-26 and Conolly is 26 too. 6 years older than the other CBs. Is it really a huge suprise?

Ok fair enough,although I still believe Hudson was a quality squad player and would at worse be great back up, but why Gabbs then as a coach? with no experience?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Manga is better than Hudson.
Connolly is faster than Hudson.
Cala is younger than Hudson.
Morrison IS Hudson
Gabbidon is nothing more than a coach.
Turner couldn't be sold due to injury. :)

Which one would you get rid of.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:How the hell does anyone think Hudson has been replaced with Gabbidon?!!???
We have:

Ok fair enough,although I still believe Hudson was a quality squad player and would at worse be great back up, but why Gabbs then as a coach? with no experience?

for the last time, Gabs is the only defender we have who consistently made it at premier level, it's a different kind of defending to the championship, we need to evolve.