Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TONY PULIS '

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Here,I say what I hear and dont need made up names to put it out,good or bad news :thumbright: Ive just received this from someone who knows Tony Pulis. Of course I am not going to say who this has come from, but City have never even given him a chance/interview etc.
I was wrong about one thing, Pulis would work with Tan :shock:

This will finish the rumours once and for all.

Hi Annis hope you are well I spoke with Tony Pulis yesterday and he was disappointed not to get an approach ..He wanted a crack at it even with Tan ..he was prepared to drop down for it.

Re: ' TONY PULIS '

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

one day he will come here not yet while tans in charge

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Pitty really, he was the outstanding choice and, despite Tan's red shite, he would unite the fans.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Oooo ya shit stirrer. :lol:

Basically, if that is true then that's it for me. A DoF & coach that NEVER works against the CURRENT Premier League Manager of the year.

f**k you Cardiff City and all who sail in her.

As you can tell I'm not one to over react. :)

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Who is Tan listening to..........does he listen to anyone.........what are his plans ?
I think with pulis we could have gone up the table and challenged for at least a play off spot.
If that's not the case or Tan is moving in a different direction, building from the bottom up with a manager with a vision, why dos'nt he come out and say something..............coz I'm lost to be honest and I think most other people are.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Disappointed to read this but not surprised.

Making Pulis the manager would have pleased the fans. Why is it I get the impression Tan is not happy with that....pleasing the fans that is.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Can't believe we won't even interview him.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Wayne S wrote:Oooo ya shit stirrer. :lol:

Basically, if that is true then that's it for me. A DoF & coach that NEVER works against the CURRENT Premier League Manager of the year.

f**k you Cardiff City and all who sail in her.

As you can tell I'm not one to over react. :)

Tan must be a idiot if that's true, he has millions invested and instead of hiring the best we could get, a local man who knows the area and the fans, he's going to hire some unproven wanker :twisted:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

FFS.. :x

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 pm

''even with tan'' :lol:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

You all seem to be forgetting that Tony Pullis if he did get the job with us could end up walking out just as he has before with other clubs
Do we really want a manager that throws his toys out of the pram
I really don't think that Pullis would be 100 percent committed which is why club have not gone after him
We want a new manager that is fully committed to the cause
If that manager ends up as Slade then he will get my full support

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:03 pm

Just gospel really

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:06 pm

djronnieb wrote:You all seem to be forgetting that Tony Pullis if he did get the job with us could end up walking out just as he has before with other clubs
Do we really want a manager that throws his toys out of the pram
I really don't think that Pullis would be 100 percent committed which is why club have not gone after him
We want a new manager that is fully committed to the cause
If that manager ends up as Slade then he will get my full support

Stayed loyal to Stoke, makes the post moribund

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:11 pm

In a nutshell, I JUST DONT GET ALL THIS Pullis is god '... A good manager, did well keeping stoke in division, but spent well to do it, did great with palace, to keep them in division, but to look to get a team out of a division, not my choice, but we all different,. Chris Hughton my preference.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:14 pm

we could try and get a WE WANT PULIS chant going

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 pm

langley wrote:In a nutshell, I JUST DONT GET ALL THIS Pullis is god '... A good manager, did well keeping stoke in division, but spent well to do it, did great with palace, to keep them in division, but to look to get a team out of a division, not my choice, but we all different,. Chris Hughton my preference.

So if Pulis has spent well in his career, why isn't Tan trusting a man with his track record with his money? Opportunities like this may never come again to hire a Current PL manager of he year, unless Mourinho fancies it in 2015 :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Annis cant we fans do something in numbers like petitions etc to show tan we want pulis cos perhaps its another being advised badly situation like changing our colour just a thought

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Here,I say what I hear and dont need made up names to put it out,good or bad news :thumbright: Ive just received this from someone who knows Tony Pulis. Of course I am not going to say who this has come from, but City have never even given him a chance/interview etc.

Hi Annis hope you are well I spoke with Tony Pulis yesterday and he was disappointed not to get an approach ..He wanted a crack at it even with Tan ..he was prepared to drop down for it.

If this is true, then I really don't understand why the club wouldn't at least give him an interview. Surely the strategy is and always has been to get back in the Premiership at the first opportunity? Surely of all the candidates mentioned, Tony Pulis is the very best qualified, he ticks all the boxes. If this opportunity is turned down, then as I have said in another thread, Cardiff are doomed to very dark days ahead. :roll:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Here,I say what I hear and dont need made up names to put it out,good or bad news :thumbright: Ive just received this from someone who knows Tony Pulis. Of course I am not going to say who this has come from, but City have never even given him a chance/interview etc.

This is very true as I tweeted after the sacking of ollie that Pulis was very interested in the job and if offered it he would have taken it as a proud Welshman and as he supported the club as a fan. His agent has even contacted memhet Dalman our chairman and he's returned his call.

Pulis is even more gobsmacked as he thought by being in Malaysia and staying at Tan hotels - vincent tan would have given him at least 10 mins of his time. He would have told Tan he wants the job on what he was on at palace which is £1m and he would get the team promoted by Tan won't speak to Pulis because of Spygate tan will not let bye gons gone for the best mamager out there not in a job. But also doesn't want to pay anymore big wages.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Embarrassing how our fans crave this man so much and go on gospel rather than hard evidence.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Absolutely gob smacked that a man like that cannot get an interview, a bad day for the fans as I could obviously accept TP might not want the job as it is a drop down

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:we could try and get a WE WANT PULIS chant going

Shall we all wear Pulis masks and wave pompoms too?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:34 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Embarrassing how our fans crave this man so much and go on gospel rather than hard evidence.

How is Ole?Ole :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:37 pm

What the f**k does Tan know about football?

Pulis saved Crystal Palace from relegation, got them to mid table and won Premier League manager of the year, and yet he's not even considered... it's almost like Tan wants us to fail.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Tan doesn't trust pulis so not goner even consider him,shame.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Pulis is the exact manager Tan wants. He got Stoke promoted and kept them there for over 7 years. Isn't that what Tan wants, somebody to get us promoted and keep us there until he can sell up?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm sure Pullis would get us promoted and might keep us up, but for a minute think of the rubbish football that was played by Stoke when he was there. Do we really want that?

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:38 pm

I will support whoever the manager is but the decision to overlook Tony Pulis without any clear reason to do so will make me lose even more faith in the establishment. It's a joke and I am starting to think that Tan wants a puppet and that a DOF would just be installed to give him more control in footballing matters and allow him to play good cop bad cop. With a good manager I just don't see why a DOF is needed.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:40 pm

This pisses me right off! Excuse the language :roll:

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:41 pm

He is the owner it's his call.

I do think over his time here Tan has had some poor advisors.