Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MINI-UPDATE MONDAY MARCH 2nd 2015 '

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:34 pm

' THE SALES WILL CONTINUE '

The cost cutting at the club will continue in the summer and the players who have value will be sold if there are takers, I was told today.

Manga, Marshall, Noone and Morrison are players that the club will look to move on as they represent the biggest income of transfer fees in the squad.

Manga in particular should get the club the money back they paid for him with his impressive displays and no doubt we should make money on Marshall and Noone too.

Kenwyne Jones due to his high wages is another who will likely see the exit door in the summer.

Declan John is not in Slade's immediate plans but the youngster is determined to stay and fight for his place, he wants to stay at City, could Declan be a cheaper option as a winger for the club ?

I believe that Russell Slade needs a strong finish to the season and if he doesn't then I do not believe he will still be City manager at the start of next season.

Paul Trollope is impressing the board at the club since he came In and along with Martyn Margeston, the club are building the coaching team around these two.

Scott Young will be kept on as part of the coaching staff as junior coach to learn the ropes off more experienced coaches and is seen as someone who fits the bill of keeping a local lad among the coaching team and who has a connection with the club like Alan Curtis has at Swansea.

Season Ticket sales are still very slow but City are hopeful they will pick up towards the end of March as the deadline to securing your same seat approaches.

Re: ' MINI-UPDATE MONDAY MARCH 2nd 2015 '

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:' THE SALES WILL CONTINUE '

The cost cutting at the club will continue in the summer and the players who have value will be sold if there are takers, I was told today.

Manga, Marshall, Noone and Morrison are players that the club will look to move on as they represent the biggest income of transfer fees in the squad.

Manga in particular should get the club the money back they paid for him with his impressive displays and no doubt we should make money on Marshall and Noone too.

Kenwyne Jones due to his high wages is another who will likely see the exit door in the summer.

Declan John is not in Slade's immediate plans but the youngster is determined to stay and fight for his place, he wants to stay at City, could Declan be a cheaper option as a winger for the club ?

I believe that Russell Slade needs a strong finish to the season and if he doesn't then I do not believe he will still be City manager at the start of next season.

Paul Trollope is impressing the board at the club since he came In and along with Martyn Margeston, the club are building the coaching team around these two.

Scott Young will be kept on as part of the coaching staff as junior coach to learn the ropes off more experienced coaches and is seen as someone who fits the bill of keeping a local lad among the coaching team and who has a connection with the club like Alan Curtis has at Swansea.

Season Ticket sales are still very slow but City are hopeful they will pick up towards the end of March as the deadline to securing your same seat approaches.

No surprise there. I reckon we are still on for a significant loss this year again and unless we can make some transfer profit .
Next year with less assets to sell we will have to cut the wage bill.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

No surprise there. I reckon we are still on for a significant loss this year again and unless we can make some transfer profit .
Next year with less assets to sell we will have to cut the wage bill.

I am all for making the cuts Tim to reduce the debt :thumbup:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:46 pm

Time for the academy lads to be given a chance

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Cheers Carl :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:Time for the academy lads to be given a chance

On this one I agree Wez.

I would like to see Ralls have a run in midfield, what about Tommy O'Sullivan ?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:52 pm

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO RENEW :bluescarf:

Season ticket prices do not offer value for money and shedding even more of the best players will only confirm people's minds not to renew.

Those who do will wait as seats will be available everywhere, the new top tier stand will be closed nest season :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:

On this one I agree Wez.

And Declan John deserves a run of games :thumbright:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Season ticket prices do not offer value for money and shedding even more of the best players will only confirm people's minds not to renew.

Those who do will wait as seats will be available everywhere, the new top tier stand will be closed nest season :ayatollah:

I will renew and support the team who is on the pitch regardless of their name, not a dig but it is still our club and team and if any money recouped goes to reducing debt then for me we have to do it.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

On this one I agree Wez.

And Declan John deserves a run of games :thumbright:

Of course Annis :thumbup:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Absolutely zero incentive to buy a season ticket for next year, it's been diabolical this season, next year will only get worse. Cannot be arsed doing a 250 mile round trip any more.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I will renew and support the team who is on the pitch regardless of their name, not a dig but it is still our club and team and if any money recouped goes to reducing debt then for me we have to do it.

Each and every one to their own decision.

Been supporting the team for over 40 yrs ( no Medal).

Over 15 of us in our row not renewing next season, more to life than supporting a club that's lost it's way :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 pm

I don't think Marshall is in a rush to move, I know he hasn't long ago bought a new house in Rhiwbina and spent a shed load on getting it how he wants, I guess he may not have much choice but to move though!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Each and every one to their own decision.

Been supporting the team for over 40 yrs ( no Medal).

Over 15 of us in our row not renewing next season, more to life than supporting a club that's lost it's way :bluescarf:

That really is a shame and I hear many similar examples to yours who are not intending on renewing. :(

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Find it dissappointing that we are looking to shift manga. Our stand out performer and if we are to try and make a challenge next yr we will need some quality.. I'd look to ship out Kenwyn and agree with Marshall and maybe noone as these are easily replaced but players like manga we should be looking to keep.

A team of league one players and youth will not be ideal.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:11 pm

If this is true then it's time to start blooding some of the youngsters. I think we're pretty much nailed on to be safe this season and if the club are preparing to cash in on players in the summer then it's time to start looking ahead and building a team around the players that are going to be here for the long run.

I'll take a few years of shit football and battling for survival if it means we can steady the ship off the field.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Would believe this but it doesn't make sense that the cost cutting will continue when we rejected sizable bids for Noone in January?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Well this is no surprise at all.

Once all this selling the house treasury off is finished I just wonder what sort of club we are going to be. I just feel we are going to be on a par with the likes of Barnsley or Doncaster. I can see clubs like Sheffield United and Bristol City overtaking us.

Whoever used the terms like long term success while Tan stayed I bet are feeling rarer silly now.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:27 pm

The good days have gone for a while I think

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Going on that statement I assume that the club are not looking to get promotion anytime soon
If we keep that clown Slade then we will be enjoyIing division one football for quite a few years
I don't understand why there is such a lack of ambition down the club now
We should be building the team around the likes of Marshall and Manga not selling them
I will still renew my season ticket
I have to say however that I'm not happy with selling our best players because we don't seem to be producing many good players at the moment
If the club want to get rid of our best players then get rid of our inept coaches Messrs Slade and Young
Bring in a young dynamic manager or an experienced championship manager who would at least have the know how to run a football team
Get rid of Slade now so we can have a new man in to prepare for next season now

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Waste of money - stripping of players further leaving us deeper struggling next season - supported the club and after the seeing the high end of football why should we be happy going backwards with an empty stadium - no fans no atmosphere - every home game this season since olly gone been like a chore - ( yes it's good your all renewing - but renewing to watch what and what lies ahead next season with Tan ? ) :bluescarf: answers on a postcard or back of a match box :lol:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Be Blue wrote:Would believe this but it doesn't make sense that the cost cutting will continue when we rejected sizable bids for Noone in January?

The club may have faced a backlash had they sold Noone in January.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Be Blue wrote:Would believe this but it doesn't make sense that the cost cutting will continue when we rejected sizable bids for Noone in January?

The club may have faced a backlash had they sold Noone in January.

Reports said we'd agreed a fee, but Norwich pulled out, probably due to their interest in Dorrens.

We may have to accept a different approach in the next few seasons.

Can we be clever in the transfer market ?
It's worked for a few other teams .

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I would be well pissed off if we dont get at least £20m for these players! As for Declan John he either needs to fk off or go out on loan because this guy is rotting away if hes not playing games whats the point in keeping him, but I got a feeling Slade will still be here next season with a bunch of of league 1 or 2 players! We definetly need to keep big Bruno hes a different class along with Morrison!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

So it appears that Slade will be gone by the summer to give Trollope a pre-season as he will be our next manager.

One of the many elephants in the room for me is still Dalman and Choo's comments earlier this season about the importance of an immediate repromotion to the PL and the financial consequences if we don't. Selling off the family jewels now seem to be part of those consequences. If immediate repromotion was central to the 2014/15 business plan, then why appoint RS after the OGS disaster - you simply get someone with a proven track record in to get the job done or at least give you the best chance.

I'll be renewing as usual but this should all have played out so very differently.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:23 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Renewing your season ticket is not about value for money it's about supporting your team. :thumbup:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Done over 40 years from div 4 up not starting over again looks like heading down so getting rid of the rest of our better players so I'll call it a day

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:49 pm

We need to reduce the size of our stadium if possible, it's way to big for the size of our club, a more compact 15,000 seater would be far more ideal for us :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Can't say I'm surprised by much of this.

Expected Jones to go as his contract is up. Can see good money being made on Marshall and Manga.

Agree with Wez, would be nice to see the academy lads given a go. Maybe do what Ole did against Chelsea, and give a few of them a game in the left few games of the season as we're not going up and probably safe.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

Great news for me sick of watching a team who are just here for there wage and that's as far as it goes, atart from fresh where I can start enjoying watching my team run out in blue and watch a team with 11 hard working players. Don't think Slades the man but I like his January signings a lot hard working players I'll be renewing regardless wether Slades here or not next season and if he is I'll give him my full support

BLUEBIRDS :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: