Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Couple of questions

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:11 pm

A. Was TG present at the game yesterday?

B. How has Ridsdale been acting of late? Is the press ban still in place?

Sorry for basic questions but of late I have been unable to follow any Cardiff City events.

Re: Couple of questions

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:15 pm

TNT wrote:A. Was TG present at the game yesterday?

B. How has Ridsdale been acting of late? Is the press ban still in place?

Sorry for basic questions but of late I have been unable to follow any Cardiff City events.

There was a pic of PR on the internet yesterday of him in his seat at the Plymouth game on his own.
However, surely the potential investors will be in Malaysia though? Would they be at every game?

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for that information Uncle Fester. Malay businessmen were in the UK yesterday breifly watching football clubs with view to takeover. Business is not festive.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:24 pm

TNT wrote:Thanks for that information Uncle Fester. Malay businessmen were in the UK yesterday breifly watching football clubs with view to takeover. Business is not festive.

Are you saying TG and Co are looking at other clubs :?: shock, horror

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
TNT wrote:Thanks for that information Uncle Fester. Malay businessmen were in the UK yesterday breifly watching football clubs with view to takeover. Business is not festive.

No no I am not stating that at all, just pointing out that just because its Boxing Day does not mean that transactions/discussions can not take place with Malay consortiums. As a Director of the Club should not TG have been present ? That's if he really is a Director now of course. Have you any evidence of this yet?

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote:

Here you go TNT, 13th (unlucky for some) pic in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/s ... 9638/show/

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks, looks a little lonely.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:57 pm

He is lonely and PR has been hunting for new investors.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:He is lonely and PR has been hunting for new investors.

Annis,

If you dont attract an investor soon and you dont reach the Premiership, you will have one very serious issue.

Ridsdale lives on the edge and runs to the wire, it looks as if he has thrown his last spin of the dice, season ticket money now and one last attempt for Premiership to save your Club. Its Premiership or bust.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:16 pm

TNT wrote:

Annis,

If you dont attract an investor soon and you dont reach the Premiership, you will have one very serious issue.

Ridsdale lives on the edge and runs to the wire, it looks as if he has thrown his last spin of the dice, season ticket money now and one last attempt for Premiership to save your Club. Its Premiership or bust.

TNT

I think its at the stage of investment by february or bust and a unique hat trick of administrations for PR

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:19 pm

TNT wrote:

Annis,

TNT, I agree it is the last throw of the dice from him, it can go either way in my opinion, no middle ground its bust or the Premiership.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:32 pm

steve davies wrote:
TNT wrote:

Annis,

TNT

I think its at the stage of investment by february or bust and a unique hat trick of administrations for PR

Steve,

That too is my understanding of the situation financially, but more likely should make it to the end of the season with a fire sale of players in Jan.

As for the investment, I understand shall we say your Chairman has been " seen through" by other parties.

What suprises myself , why have not the current majority shareholders ousted Ridsdale earlier? They could have.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:35 pm

annis,3rd time lucky for pr?lets hope so.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:35 pm

TNT , Because PMG, Paul Guy/Mike Hall are not football people, PR is their front man and they can stay in the back ground and The fans wont even think of them if anything goes wrong, also as long as they never have to put their hands in their own pockets they are happy. PR has lived on Sam Hammams kids from the Accademy.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:37 pm

herefordblue wrote:annis,3rd time lucky for pr?lets hope so.

A big fingers crossed.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TNT , Because PMG, Paul Guy/Mike Hall are not football people, PR is their front man and they can stay in the back ground and The fans wont even think of them if anything goes wrong, also as long as they never have to put their hands in their own pockets they are happy. PR has lived on Sam Hammams kids from the Accademy.

That adds up then Annis.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I believe that the Malaysians may well hve been frightened off by the lies and deceit.

I think that the Riddler is desperately looking for alternative investment.

I do not believe all, indeed if any, of the season ticket funds will be used to finance team building

I do believe Matthews will be moved on.

I do believe there will be at least one further high profile sale to raise several million - maybe someone heading off to Newcastle.

I do not believe there is anything to prove TG is a Director of the club.

I do not believe that there is anything to show that he/they have invested a single penny in the club

We have no conclusive evidence that HMRC have yet been paid off in full

We haave not recieved conclusive evidence that the Langston matter has been completed.

DJ & PR are "spinning" stories that we are after the likes of Darren Gibson to encourage further season ticket sales - no chance.

All in all - we are up to our necks in it - there is no easy way out - PR is in panic mode.

Just my thoughts thats all
Last edited by croesybluebird on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:50 pm

croesybluebird wrote:I believe that the Malaysians may well hve been frightened off by the lies and deceit.

I do not believe all, indeed if any, of the season ticket funds will be used to finance team building

I do believe there will be at least one further high profile sale to raise several million - mybe someone heading off to Newcastle.

I do not believe that there is anything to show that they have invested a single penny in the club

We haave not recieved conclusive evidence that the Langston matter has been completed.

DJ & PR are "spinning" stories that we are after the likes of Darren Gibson to encourgae further season ticket sales - no chance.

All in all - we are up to our necks in it - there is no easy way out - PR is in panic mode.

Very Very clever and well thought out thoughts.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:54 pm

dj has stated previously that he never names players hes interested in until they have signed so as not to raise supporters expectations.So im inclined to agree with you that its a ploy to increase sale of season tickets.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I take it you concur TNT?

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:56 pm

I should imagine that aside from the debt, another stumbling block is the potential for the club to be self sufficient. I did a piece back in June *** http://forums.walesonline.co.uk/viewtop ... 3665779b16 *** which although not an exact science, shows that we can only expect to break even at best at the new stadium. This, however, is crucially before paying off any debt is factored in which would be a substantial addition to the expenditure. ***the link has been altered, I can post again for those having trouble sleeping***

Up until the last 12 months or so, I did fel Peter had done a good job, though of course mistakes were made. However, the more time goes on, the more concerned I have become. In my original piece which I've linked, my original conclusion was that Peter should go, but having reflected on that and having had a conversation with Peter, I decided our finances were so dire that we needed to give him the opportunity to bring in this ivestment. Perhaps I was right the first time, but if this investment doesn't happen as substantially and as soon as Peter has led us to believe, he simply has to go. He has continuously lied to us and treated us with such contempt it defies belief.

My only question, not being au fait with financial intrecacies, is what would happen if we went into admin? Would it just be a case of admin, taking a hit, but not something insurmountable, or would it mean simple liquidation and shopping with the missus in Ikea on Saturday afternoons?
Last edited by saladthedragon on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

TNT wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:TNT , Because PMG, Paul Guy/Mike Hall are not football people, PR is their front man and they can stay in the back ground and The fans wont even think of them if anything goes wrong, also as long as they never have to put their hands in their own pockets they are happy. PR has lived on Sam Hammams kids from the Accademy.

That adds up then Annis.

also PR has surrounded himself with harris and whitley as a shield against interference from other directors.
it is alleged that whitley was also paid some form of stadium completion bonus as well as pr despite the precarious financial situation.

It is very hard for the normal supporter to realise that the chairman is living a luxurious lifestyle of first class travel, five star hotels and michelin star restaurants all at at the clubs expense.
People need to understand that this man has no love for the club and is just using it as a vehicle to enhance his lifestyle and make as much money off the club before his time runs out.
all of the above has obviously become clear to the malaysians in their due diligence.
I also believe(although i have no proof) that TG was appointed as a director the same day as the inland revenue story broke as a good news to cover the bad news story.
when you think Tg became a director for 200k what must michael issac think when he was refused a boardroom position when he is owed ten times that amount

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Further to my post above which was seemingly endorsed by TNT - I think questions need to be asked of Ridsdle as to the points made.

We need some conclusive evidence of the claims being made.

TNT / Annis how can we get straight answers to these questions?

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:12 pm

steve davies wrote:
TNT wrote:

That adds up then Annis.

also PR has surrounded himself with harris and whitley as a shield against interference from other directors.
it is alleged that whitley was also paid some form of stadium completion bonus as well as pr despite the precarious financial situation.

It is very hard for the normal supporter to realise that the chairman is living a luxurious lifestyle of first class travel, five star hotels and michelin star restaurants all at at the clubs expense.
People need to understand that this man has no love for the club and is just using it as a vehicle to enhance his lifestyle and make as much money off the club before his time runs out.
all of the above has obviously become clear to the malaysians in their due diligence.
I also believe(although i have no proof) that TG was appointed as a director the same day as the inland revenue story broke as a good news to cover the bad news story.
when you think Tg became a director for 200k what must michael issac think when he was refused a boardroom position when he is owed ten times that amount

All sounds the normal workings of Peter Ridsdale. He does tend to surround himself with well paid Allies.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:12 pm

croesybluebird wrote:I believe that the Malaysians may well hve been frightened off by the lies and deceit.

I do believe there will be at least one further high profile sale to raise several million - maybe someone heading off to Newcastle.

I do not believe that there is anything to show that he/they have invested a single penny in the club

DJ & PR are "spinning" stories that we are after the likes of Darren Gibson to encourage further season ticket sales - no chance.

cant fault you croeso

the only thing i would change is probably matthews and one other

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Well Said

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Just a few "off the cuff thoughts" thats all.

Maybe i'm totally wrong.

Maybe not.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:28 pm

God help me, is it really as bad as this?
Spanking new stadium (albeit a bit vacant on atmosphere :? ), team in the top six, but the club on the brink.......

Annis - Fcuk me, there is a book a week worth of material going down at the moment, bet you can't keep up with it all :shock: :shock: .............Just please tell me there is going to be a happy ending??

Peter

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:32 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

God help me, is it really as bad as this?
Spanking new stadium (albeit a bit vacant on atmosphere :? ), team in the top six, but the club on the brink.......

Annis - Fcuk me, there is a book a week worth of material going down at the moment, bet you can't keep up with it all :shock: :shock: .............Just please tell me there is going to be a happy ending??

Peter

:lol:

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:42 pm

croesybluebird wrote:Further to my post above which was seemingly endorsed by TNT - I think questions need to be asked of Ridsdle as to the points made.

We need some conclusive evidence of the claims being made.

TNT / Annis how can we get straight answers to these questions?

Ridsdale/straight answers you will have more chance of obtaining a photo of the Pope selecting Condoms in Boots.

Seriously thats actually where you all go wrong as Supporters of your Club. Dont go to him, he adores it and then endorses it with the press for his gain.

As Supporters there is not a lot you can really do, unless you unite and protest and demonstrate your feelings to the majority shareholders of your Club. It's simple but always in most cases very effective as shareholders will always consider the opinion of the customers as in a roundabout way it effects their share valuation.

Its in reality down to the shareholders regards Ridsdales position but as many of you have well documented hes surrounded himself with " friendy" shareholders who have obtained their shareholding in return for payment such as how Peter obtained his. So they all just sit and look for the investor to purchase those shares at a higher premium.

It's basically " paper trading" to the detriement of your football club.

For those who may not understand " paper trading" i will try and explain in an easier form.

Bill Blogs, invoices the Club by agreement with Chairman for services supplied ( nothing much really) and in return Chairman offers shares instead and Bill Blogs accepts and becomes a shareholder ( and possibly paid Director)

Chairman sells Club, Shares sold , not bad if you can get in on it!