Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW "I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST "

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:25 pm

My View/ Opinion

" WELL I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST WERE YOU? "

Cardiff City showed a top 3 team how to put the ball away and play good football .

City now only 2points off the top 6 and we could be dreaming of Wembley again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly less than 10,000 fans were in actual attendance and to me with City chasing promotion this is worrying and if the City of Cardiff want a club/ team to be proud of,then turn up and support them with pride :ayatollah: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 4 BRIGHTON 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Marshall, Fabio, Malone, Connolly, Manga, Whittingham, Ralls, Lawrence, O'Keefe, Pilkington,
Subs Moore, Peltier, Oshilaja, Dikgacoi, Gunnarsson, Zohore, Saadi.

Crowd 14,143
Away Support Aporox 500

Today's game was going to be a big test for City with Brighton having won 4 of their last 5 League games and challenging for a top 2 place,but City undefeated in their last 11 Home League games, was a draw on the cards?

City ran out to what looked like a near empty Cardiff City stadium.

A quite start by both sides.

Then Whittingham in the 16th minute cooly put the ball in the net 1-0 City :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Two mins later some lovely football by O'Keefe to Pilkigton who put the ball away with a great shot 2-0 City :ayatollah:

I was just saying Immers had done nothing yet and then bang in the 30th min Immers scores 3-0 City we were in wonderland :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A dream first half :ayatollah:

Half-time City 3 Brighton 0

City continued in the second half to attack and Immers shot wide within the first 3mins.

City then went to sleep and Stephens headed in to score for Brighton 53rd min 3-1 City

Brighton stepped up the pressure, Pilkigton broke through and was brought down in the 64th minute for Peter Whittingham to convert the penalty in the 63rd min 4-1 City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City comfortably controlled the rest of the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Full Time CCFC 4 BRIGHTON 1

My man of the match Peter Whittingham :ayatollah:

Up next BORO away this Tuesday night :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW "I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST "

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:30 pm

My friend asked me what to expect today I said 'well we always play shit on sky, we haven't scored in 2 games and we always play shit against Brighton'.... Happy to eat my words!

Blooooobirds

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:32 pm

nubbsy wrote:My friend asked me what to expect today I said 'well we always play shit on sky, we haven't scored in 2 games and we always play shit against Brighton'.... Happy to eat my words!

Blooooobirds

I knew that it would help us that they would not park their bus :lol: but I never expected 4-1 :shock: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Could this be Slade finally season , to make a name for him self or get a new deal. The club has a chance with them top 6, time to get beside the players. Hard game v Boro next week, we can hopefully get a win there, if we play how we did today.

For today its :sladein: :sladein: :sladein: :sladein:
Last edited by Ibby on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Ibby wrote:Could this to Slade finally season , to make a name for him self or get a new deal. The club has a chance with them top 6, time to get beside the players. Hard game v Boro next week, we can hopefully get a win there, if we play how we did today.

For today its :sladein: :sladein: :sladein: :sladein:

100% agree everyone get behind them :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Brilliant win today from the Bluebirds.

You could see that Slade got the tactics bang on today Brighton just couldn't brake us down, they just couldn't get the passes in between our players.

The second half they started playing quick passes and hit it long from the back but IMO we were just too good for them.

But big credit to Slade he deserves acknowledgement for the win. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Annis we clicked today everything went our way for once everyone played well by far our best performance of the season we played great football Pilkington my Motm. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:45 pm

Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very interesting stats though:

STATS: Cardiff 4-1 Brighton
Possession: 44% - 56%
Shots: 12 - 8
Shots on target: 6 - 2

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:47 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:Brilliant win today from the Bluebirds.

You could see that Slade got the tactics bang on today Brighton just couldn't brake us down, they just couldn't get the passes in between our players.

The second half they started playing quick passes and hit it long from the back but IMO we were just too good for them.

But big credit to Slade he deserves acknowledgement for the win. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Well done to Slade today, Spot on :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Annis we clicked today everything went our way for once everyone played well by far our best performance of the season we played great football Pilkington my Motm. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ryan, everything went perfect today and well done today Slade and City :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Great ENERGY from Cardiff, I thought LEX AUTO was my man of match.
To be Honest I was NOT there... Sky & Weather and kick of time made my Decision.....BET there were shed loads of People with same thinking hence less than 10,000....Lets keep it going ???

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mason, it shows stats mean nothing

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Superb performance by every player. Pilks my mom but special mentions for lawrence, immers and okeefe

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Cardiff are back Cardiff are back hello hello Cardiff are back :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: 4 fffffing 1 Boom :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Pilkington, Lawrence & Immers all outstanding today

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Great result didnt expect four goals. I have always believed we have quality and a top 6 team.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Excellent result and performance, some of the best passing for a log while and Brighton couldn't cope.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Immers could well be that missing link. Box to box midfielder who reads the game superbly.
O keefe and ralls did the dirty work extremely well ,whitts was freed up to get his passing going and Pilkington MOTM for me.Worked his socks off

great performance :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:58 pm

pezza4646 wrote:Great ENERGY from Cardiff, I thought LEX AUTO was my man of match.
To be Honest I was NOT there... Sky & Weather and kick of time made my Decision.....BET there were shed loads of People with same thinking hence less than 10,000....Lets keep it going ???

Lex Immer got better as the game not my man of the match though

As to crowd awful and City deserve better

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:06 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Superb performance by every player. Pilks my mom but special mentions for lawrence, immers and okeefe

Pilks was also outstanding :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:My View/ Opinion

" WELL I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST WERE YOU? "

Cardiff City showed a top 3 team how to put the ball away and play good football .

City now only 2points off the top 6 and we could be dreaming of Wembley again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly less than 10,000 fans were in actual attendance and to me with City chasing promotion this is worrying and if the City of Cardiff want a club/ team to be proud of,then turn up and support them with pride :ayatollah: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 4 BRIGHTON 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Marshall, Fabio, Malone, Connolly, Manga, Whittingham, Ralls, Lawrence, O'Keefe, Pilkington,
Subs Moore, Peltier, Oshilaja, Dikgacoi, Gunnarsson, Zohore, Saadi.

Crowd 14,143
Away Support Aporox 500

Today's game was going to be a big test for City with Brighton having won 4 of their last 5 League games and challenging for a top 2 place,but City undefeated in their last 11 Home League games, was a draw on the cards?

City ran out to what looked like a near empty Cardiff City stadium.

A quite start by both sides.

Then Whittingham in the 16th minute cooly put the ball in the net 1-0 City :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Two mins later some lovely football by O'Keefe to Pilkigton who put the ball away with a great shot 2-0 City :ayatollah:

I was just saying Immers had done nothing yet and then bang in the 30th min Immers scores 3-0 City we were in wonderland :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A dream first half :ayatollah:

Half-time City 3 Brighton 0

City continued in the second half to attack and Immers shot wide within the first 3mins.

City then went to sleep and Stephens headed in to score for Brighton 53rd min 3-1 City

Brighton stepped up the pressure, Pilkigton broke through and was brought down in the 64th minute for Peter Whittingham to convert the penalty in the 63rd min 4-1 City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City comfortably controlled the rest of the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Full Time CCFC 4 BRIGHTON 1

My man of the match Peter Whittingham :ayatollah:

Up next BORO away this Tuesday night :ayatollah:

No one expected that and to win in such style :ayatollah:

Let's hope it continues and we can get into the play offs :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Annis we clicked today everything went our way for once everyone played well by far our best performance of the season we played great football Pilkington my Motm. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ryan, everything went perfect today and well done today Slade and City :ayatollah:

We made a good team look shit well done to Slade and the boys indeed. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:07 pm

mallo wrote:Cardiff are back Cardiff are back hello hello Cardiff are back :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: 4 fffffing 1 Boom :bluebird:

THATS THE SPIRIT Mallo :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Best I seen city in years, not exagerating. Midfield was immense with Ralls and okeefe constant energy, witts so much better in this position and legs around him, lex kept it all simple, Lawrence a menace and grew in confidence. Pilks like a new signing up front, he's made a huge difference.

Today was one for the die hard fans, didn't expect a decent crowd in them conditions Sky and early ko but I hope they watched that.

We showed today what we are capable of, this side is a different one to earlier in season. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Shocked to have won 4-1 today, I saw bits of it while I was at work and we looked very positive and confident :ayatollah:

Really impressed today :thumbright:

From the bits I saw, I'd go for Whittingham or Pilkington MOTM.

Roll on Boro on Tuesday night :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:39 pm

Great game, great performance and great win, best game i have seen for a long while, sadly poor crowd again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:46 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Easy game, if you shoot more you always have a chance hhhhmmmmmm where have I heard that :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:47 pm

You said Immers hadn't done anything and then he scored? He assisted Pilkington!

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Great game today,best of the season but still Slade out for me :sladeout:

The football was good , players moving for each other. Marshall was worrying at times but 4 1 tells its own story. :bluebird: