Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/ OPINION " TODAY CARDIFF CITY'S HOME RUN "

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:55 pm

My View / Opinion

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: " CARDIFF CITY'S BRILLIANT HOME RUN CONTINUED TODAY 13 HOME GAMES UNDEFEATED " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City now 7th and 3pts from the play-offs :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

City deservedly went in one nil up at half-time and continued in the second half to battle for every ball and create chances.

Sadly the singing was non stop, but it came from the 800 plus Preston fans.

City are now 13 games undefeated at home and are closing in on the play-offs.

City deservedly won today and well done to Slade and the players today's :ayatollah: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 2 PRESTON 1 :ayatollah:

2 pens Pilkington

Crowd 15,566
Away Support Approx 825 Preston fans

Team : Marshall, Peltier, Manga, Connolly, Malone, O'Keefe, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Lawrence, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Moore, Oshilaja, Dikgacoi, Ameobi, Saadi, Zohore and Macheda

City started this game undefeated in their last 12 home league games and the best home run for 13 years,whilst the visitors Preston arrived as the inform team in the Championship,where we in for a cracker of a game?

Fabio was withdrawn having pulled his groin and Whittingham was also missing.

A quite start by both sides until Gunnarson had our first shot on target in the 16th min which was easily saved by the Preston goalie.

Pilkington hit the post in the 28th min with Immers kicking the rebound wide.

41st min Immers headed wide.

City got what they deserved in the 43rd min Pilkigton was brought down and then converted the penalty 1-0 City :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Half-time City 1 Preston 0 :ayatollah:

The first 15 mins was end to end with Pilkington having the best chance with a half volley saved by the Preston goalie.

Preston had a goal disallowed in the 63rd min for offside which got the Cardiff fans singing and taking the mick out of the 800 odd Preston fans who had not stopped singing.

80th min Lawrence was pulled back in the penalty area and the linesman flagged for a penalty which Pilkington put away again 2-0 City :ayatollah:

82nd min Pilkington was replaced by Dikgacoi

In the 87th min City went to sleep 1-2 :cry:

City deservedly went on to win the game.

My man of the match Pilkington :ayatollah:

Full-time CARDIFF CITY 2 PRESTON 1

Up next Bristol City away next Saturday :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY"S HOME RUN "

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Crowd 15,566 :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Well done to Russ and the boys for a very good win against a banana skin at 2-1 I thought here we go but we held on for a much needed 3 points Pilkington aswell my MOTM. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Well done to Russ and the boys for a very good win against a banana skin at 2-1 I thought here we go but we held on for a much needed 3 points Pilkington aswell my MOTM. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Ryan, Excellent win :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Re: MY VIEW/ OPINION " CARDIFF CITY"S HOME RUN "

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

Great win and great day :ayatollah:

Three points off the top six, and I think we deserved it today. Preston did very little with their possession.

Working for Bristol City, so next one for me is Leeds a week on Tuesday :ayatollah: :sladein:

Re: MY VIEW/ OPINION " TODAY CARDIFF CITY"S HOME RUN "

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Good win. Just need to win our games.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Great win feels like we are on the up as a club it's taken a long time but I personally feel a lot better about us now that the financial things have improved .
I think the home form is good bit more consistent and we'll have a good chance of the playoffs it's anyone's from there .

Bristol away next love beating the wurzels lets hope we all happy come next Saturday.
Well done city :ayatollah:

worcester_ccfc wrote:Great win and great day :ayatollah:

Three points off the top six, and I think we deserved it today. Preston did very little with their possession.

Working for Bristol City, so next one for me is Leeds a week on Tuesday :ayatollah: :sladein:

Ned, could Wembley see City come May?

Ibby wrote:Good win. Just need to win our games.

Exactly that's what matters most :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

You know my thoughts Annis :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:16 pm

brickyblue wrote:Great win feels like we are on the up as a club it's taken a long time but I personally feel a lot better about us now that the financial things have improved .
I think the home form is good bit more consistent and we'll have a good chance of the playoffs it's anyone's from there .

Bristol away next love beating the wurzels lets hope we all happy come next Saturday.

It really does feel good again :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Bristol City is going to be tough

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:Great win feels like we are on the up as a club it's taken a long time but I personally feel a lot better about us now that the financial things have improved .

Can not wait for Bristol now!

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

3 pts is 3 pts :ayatollah:

Wembley why not about time we won there :bluebird:

2 England v Wales tickets as well today, wine is coming out :ayatollah:

Tough game, but I thought we deserved the win. PNE offered very little besides the final ten minutes, and were only still in the game because we hadn't killed them off. Fair play to them for their high pressing in the first half, really made it difficult for us to play the ball.

Really baffled by the choice to go with three strikers on the bench though, and the even more so by Slade's reluctance to make any changes until late in the game. We won, so little complaints from me, but just did seem a little odd!

Hard game up next, especially given how we played against Bristol City last time out. Let's start bringing home some away wins though. And here's hoping Whitts is fit, as we really do need his calm composure in the midfield.

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You know my thoughts Annis :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

I do Ned :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Nor me and the atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:23 pm

Keep Ameobi out its nice watching 11 players !!

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bring on the corrot munchers football is good again all feels good at mo

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:40 pm

KWest wrote:Tough game, but I thought we deserved the win. PNE offered very little besides the final ten minutes, and were only still in the game because we hadn't killed them off. Fair play to them for their high pressing in the first half, really made it difficult for us to play the ball.

Really baffled by the choice to go with three strikers on the bench though, and the even more so by Slade's reluctance to make any changes until late in the game. We won, so little complaints from me, but just did seem a little odd!

Hard game up next, especially given how we played against Bristol City last time out. Let's start bringing home some away wins though. And here's hoping Whitts is fit, as we really do need his calm composure in the midfield.

I agree Preston, were not the team I thought they would be as they came to us as the in form team, but we deserved the win and and a great 3 pts :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:40 pm

wales1927 wrote:Keep Ameobi out its nice watching 11 players !!

Ameobi, has 15 mins of class in him.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:43 pm

brickyblue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Bring on the corrot munchers football is good again all feels good at mo

Def :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Re: MY VIEW/ OPINION " TODAY CARDIFF CITY'S HOME RUN "

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:52 pm

1,400 Bluebirds going to Bristol City, Cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Great win really enjoyed :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:1,400 Bluebirds going to Bristol City, Cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

1,399 and you :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:1,400 Bluebirds going to Bristol City, Cant wait :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

1,399 and you :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:05 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Great win really enjoyed :bluescarf:

Agreed, enjoyable game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Enjoyed today and deserved it :thumbup: Magna looked good,Immers up for it and Pilks unlucky not to have a hat trick :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:23 pm

' CARDIFF CITY FANS LOOK AT THIS '
Now will the missing thousands return?
Updated
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145418 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:24 pm

theclaw wrote:Enjoyed today and deserved it :thumbup: Magna looked good,Immers up for it and Pilks unlucky not to have a hat trick :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes No bad performances like at Boro by Connolly and Manga.

Immerse another good game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pilks excellent today and could of scored 3.

Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:25 pm

Bristol derby match will be very exciting and much win game for both teams - I can see it probably being the best game of the season - well done Cardiff city and the fans are creeping back slowly - :bluescarf: :old: