Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' THE DECISION IS ALL YOURS !!! '

Tue May 10, 2016 6:21 pm

' THE DECISION IS ALL YOURS !!! '

You are the man tasked with appointing the new manager of Cardiff City, who would you pick ?

Hypothetical question but who, as a realistical choice, would you appoint as manager of Cardiff City ?

Ryan Giggs ?

Craig Bellamy ?

Nigel Pearson ?

Neil Warnock ?

Paul Trollope ?

Tony Pulis ?

Those are just a few of the names that have been mentioned and a shed load more but if it was solely your choice who would you pick ?

When Ole was fired, the most popular choice at the time for most fans was Tony Pulis but I didn't feel at that time he was the right choice, due to the squad of players that had been assembled by Solksjaer but if I was the decision maker then Pulis would be my preferred choice of manager at Cardiff City right now.

His team's football is not the most exciting but I believe it is effective and with the Championship being a division where ugly wins are vital on Tuesday nights at Huddersfield and Rotherham then I believe Pulis could be the man to lead the way for us.

Also he has the know how to maintain his team's in the Premier League.

I believe the club is in a position now where it needs a Tony Pulis to take it forward.

Re: ' THE DECISION IS ALL YOURS !!! '

Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 pm

The most likely one to happen is Trollope and I would be happy with that. :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2016 6:25 pm

Pearson

Tue May 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Warnock Bellamy axis for me,but the chances of our enlightened board members making that radical choice are almost zero

Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:The most likely one to happen is Trollope and I would be happy with that. :ayatollah:

You are easily pleased

Tue May 10, 2016 6:41 pm

I would take a punt on Bellers, but can't see that happening, so Warnock or Nigel Adkins did a similar job to Malky before Southampton shafted him, :bluescarf:

Tue May 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:The most likely one to happen is Trollope and I would be happy with that. :ayatollah:

Good God Rydo where's your imagination man! Trollope is not for me!

Tue May 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Bellamy all day long! :bluescarf:

Tue May 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Pearson.
Has done it before.
Always talks sense and was very gracious in defeat when we beat Leicester.
Reckon he won't take any nonsense from players not performing.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Pearson.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:59 pm

One choice then Pearson.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Dave jones with bellers no2

Tue May 10, 2016 7:06 pm

I would like to have Toshack as director of football, and Bellamy as manager, with Trollope as his assistant, with a new defence coach being employed instead of Young.

Bellamy has worked with Toshack, when Tosh was appointed Welsh manager, so no problems there.
Tan could trust Toshack, just like he trusted Slade.
Both Bellamy and Toshack would bring on the youngsters instead of paying the inflated wages and transfer fees that agents are demanding for average players now

With this combination at the next European championship there could be 4/5 Cardiff players in the Wales team.

I do feel that the next appointment needs to be someone who can get the youngsters to show their true potential, that has been sadly lacking in the past.

And finally give Russell a glowing reference so that he can have the job at Notts County

Tue May 10, 2016 7:08 pm

1st choice Warnock
2nd Clement
3rd Pearson
Bellamy ideally assistant to either as I think he needs to learn his trade as assistant before becoming a 1st team manager at championship level

Tue May 10, 2016 7:08 pm

ITS GOT TO BE BELLAMY..
OR BELLAMY AND GIGGS... :bluebird:

Tue May 10, 2016 7:09 pm

bluestar wrote:Dave jones with bellers no2

would take DJ back played some of the best football under him

Tue May 10, 2016 7:16 pm

Mike Bassett

Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm

Warnock
Pearson

Either with Bellamy assistant.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:18 pm

I dont think it matters who the manager is if tan doesnt give them transfer funds we will be mid table. The championship next year will be one of the hardest for years and we will need to spend money to be competitive. This year was a massive opportunity missed .

My pick would be Warnock but i think it will be someone from inside tans football circuit. Possibly the young manager from his belgium club

Tue May 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Pearson

Tue May 10, 2016 7:41 pm

will never happen but my 1st choice is Martinez when Everton get rid shortly. done a great job down the road and liked his style of football.
2nd choice would be to gamble on Robbie Nielson
3rd choice is Clement.

making a point i dont believe it would be either of these 3 tho

Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Warnock is the safest appointment so if it was my money I would not take any chances and I'd pick him.

The problem with the likes of clement and bellamy is that are unknown quantities. If you want promotion from the championship stick with Warnock, McCarthy, Pearson etc and you have got a good chance of success.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Pearson has no back room team as they all stayed at Leicester. It was the whole combination of scouting and coaching talent that served him so well. He'd be on his own with our lot or a bunch of new recruits so a big gamble. Personally, if Martinez gets sacked by Everton, as seems likely, I'd do everything to get him here. I don't care that he once managed the Jacks. Look what he started there.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Warnock hands down.

Tue May 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Warnock is 67? Bring him in with Bellamy as number 2 for a year or so.
NW is a surpurb manager imo :bluescarf:

Tue May 10, 2016 7:58 pm

In order
1/ Pearson
2/ Giggs
3/ Warnock
4/ Bellers
5/ Trollepe

Tue May 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Bellamy on a three year contract to get us up,if he succeeded what a hero he would be.I believe he will become a top class manager.
My only concern with Warnock is would he be ok in The Prem if he took us up.

Tue May 10, 2016 8:15 pm

carl i think Choo will have a big say in the picking of our next manager

Tue May 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Pearson then warnock would take pulis but don't think he'd come

Tue May 10, 2016 8:38 pm

What actually has Pearce done. He got a Leicester team that spent massively season after season up....

Warnock is 67, and no way unless bellers does it for peanuts can we afford a Warnock/Beller combo

Pulis - Would be a bit of a charity stop and whoever is bottom at christmas (prem) will pay him a small fortune to manage them so he'll be off.

All these are top of the tree names.... apparently we have been looking at Page & Cottrill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ardley play good football and knows the club