Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED & CONFIRMED '

Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 am

:ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City FC
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Trollope as Head Coach to oversee all first-team affairs.

BREAKING NEWS: Paul Trollope to be confirmed as manager

Cardiff City have appointed Paul Trollope as the new manager.

The former Wales midfielder joined the Cardiff City coaching staff back in February 2015 and his arrival coincided with a good run of form from the Bluebirds.

Trollope is set to continue his role as Wales ‘number two’ for the upcoming European Championships in France next month, having taken up the role in July 2015.

The Bluebirds’ new boss has five years managerial experience at Bristol Rovers from 2005-2010 which included a promotion and a Football League Trophy final. He also possesses a wealth of experience as a player, representing Wales nine times as well as a host of Football League clubs.

This will be confirmed by the club at lunchtime.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CITY MANAGER ANNOUNCED '

Wed May 18, 2016 9:38 am

Congratulations Paul Trollope now it's time to get the hard work started. :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 am

We go from under achievers to unambitious under achievers. Only at Cardiff :lol: :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:40 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have appointed Paul Trollope as the new manager.

What a surprise no change at all then!!!

Is Kit Symons, coming as number two ????

Wed May 18, 2016 9:40 am

Obvioiusly gone for the easiest cheapeast and poorest option again. Decisions like this is what makes or breaks a club. Looks like we are staying broke.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 am

Trollope / Slade, wonder how this will work, oh wait a second :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 am

Hard work indeed, & hardly the appointment to set our fans alight, but there we go. Anything less than a good start to the new season & the daggers will be out, & so will he,,,faster than OGS!

Wed May 18, 2016 9:43 am

What a shambles was looking forward to the new season when Spade's departure was announced now I'd rather a refund on my season ticket!

Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 am

What a surprise a load of negative replies. :roll:

I feel excited at the prospect as we definitely under went an upturn when PT came in as coach.

However, under Slade he didn't have the final say, now he is liberated and can run things his way.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:47 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Trollope / Slade, wonder how this will work, oh wait a second :thumbup:

Slade will have no input to first team affairs.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:48 am

Totally uninspiring and underwhelming

2nd week of August 20k free tickets :lol: :lol:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:48 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City have appointed Paul Trollope as the new manager.

Be very interesting to see how the club spin this one out

18 candidates interviewed and after all that we decided to give it to the guy who basically has been doing the job for the last year anyway

Good luck to the guy seems a decent coach but is he anywhere near good enough??

Over to you Mr Choo to explain this appointment

Wed May 18, 2016 9:49 am

Love to be happy.... but NOT, good way to start yet another season, fan's spilt.. and after 5 or so games if we are not winning, yet more rows between our own fans, can't wait :(

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED '

Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 am

To he honest i think this is the wronf decision, we should have appointed someone young and fresh with ideas

Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 am

He's going away with Wales and then on holiday - Wont see him until August anyway

I wonder if Slade will take control whilst he's away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:52 am

Worst appointment ever
Trollope has already proved he can't hack the managers role when he was with Bristol Rovers
I hope he don't keep that tw*t Scott Young with him
If he is going to be the new manager I hope he gives up the Wales post as he wont be able to do the two
We should have gone with someone from outside
This will probably mean our young players left to rot and not given their chance
Obviously Ken Choo didn't look at Trollopes cv properly as we would have seen that he was a good coach and a shit manager
I'll give him 12 matches and if we are not in the top 6 I'll be calling for his head

Wed May 18, 2016 9:53 am

Only 1 win & 6 points from our last 21 available mind! 1 struggling win v bolton and 3 draws! Battered by Brentford and sheff wed, beaten by a poor Fulham team!

Just because he was a cheap option and the players like him doesn't make him the best candidate! What was the point in interviewing external candidates?

He was part of a failed team!

It's a terrible appointment! He's going to be away for all of June on international duty! Hardly ideal preparation to start building your squad!

Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What a surprise a load of negative replies. :roll:

I feel excited at the prospect as we definitely under went an upturn when PT came in as coach.

However, under Slade he didn't have the final say, now he is liberated and can run things his way.

You mentioned hard work in your original post, & its going to take a hell of a lot of it, if our club has any real ambitions of securing a top six finish next season, as has been claimed by Ken Choo.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 am

An under-whelming appointment and CCFC have gone for low budget option again. Tan will be able to totally control him as well.
But I always back any new manager so lets give him a chance and get behind him from today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I Support Cardiff City No matter who the manager is and thats how I always will be :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:55 am

Mr Moo Cow wrote:He's going away with Wales and then on holiday - Wont see him until August anyway

I wonder if Slade will take control whilst he's away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside , I hope he's not keeping his role with Wasles we need a manager fully focused on th Cardiff job , he needs to be in charge of sighnings , pre season training etc not away with Wales.
Will give him a chance but my gut feeling tells me this is the wrong appointment

Wed May 18, 2016 9:56 am

Not who most people wanted, but lets all get behind him and give him a chance

Wed May 18, 2016 9:58 am

He is already on the club payroll so doesn't cost the club a thing.
Slade will still have his say but with no pressure from the fans, whatever has been spun by the club.
10,000 to 12,000 gates, we really are looking like a League one outfit again, with the "Jacks" down the road go from strength to strength as an established premier league powerhouse taking all the floating fans in South Wales.
Let's face up to it now, Wales has one powerful PL outfit and all the other teams are dragging way way behind in their wake.
Tan please sell up and go :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 9:58 am

If you're happy with mediocrity then fine but as you see this message board are livid! This will turn out to be a divisive appointment!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:02 am

Its a bit of an underwhelming appointment but he deserves a chance, good luck Paul with a good number 2 I think he may surprise a few people

Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 am

Can't you see why.. his Record as a boss in the lower leagues was not great, he is being judged by what he has done so far as a manger, as anyone would be when put in charge of this club,and with the board wanting a top six finish, odd choice I would say, it just spilt's the fans from the start.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 am

The club is a f*cking joke

Wed May 18, 2016 10:04 am

Is this another f*cking piss take,empty stadium again next season :o

Wed May 18, 2016 10:07 am

Give the guy a chance before condemning his appointment. Who did you really think we were going to get?

I bet he knows more about football than any of us on this forum so let us see what happens before slagging him off :bluescarf:

Wed May 18, 2016 10:07 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:He is already on the club payroll so doesn't cost the club a thing.
Slade will still have his say but with no pressure from the fans, whatever has been spun by the club.
10,000 to 12,000 gates, we really are looking like a League one outfit again, with the "Jacks" down the road go from strength to strength as an established premier league powerhouse taking all the floating fans in South Wales.
Let's face up to it now, Wales has one powerful PL outfit and all the other teams are dragging way way behind in their wake.
Tan please sell up and go :bluebird:

Absolutely spot on with this post could not agree more! We've just appointed a sacked league 1 manager who had a 37% win ratio in the lower leagues & we're supposed to harbour ambitions of returning to the PL the club is a shambles!!

I WAS really impressed by Ken Choo & Tan with the season ticket offers last season but no more its back to square 1!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:09 am

Imagine if not one our fans have ever made mistakes in our jobs. So what if he failed in his last management job which was six years ago. He made mistakes and could have just left football altogether but no he dusted himself down and got back into coaching. First team coach that got into the premier league and under Chris Hughton does that mean we wouldn't want Chris Hughton as manager because Paul Trollope has worked with him and they failed in the premier league? He was manager at Bristol Rovers mind, a team that was in decline anyway financially and had to sell their best players without replacing them. If he hasn't learnt from his mistakes then he's a foolish man but he couldn't ask for a better footing with knowing the players, doesn't really need to gel them together because he done that when came here. Let's give him a chance, let's get behind the team and stop being so bloody negative. The amount of managers that have failed in other jobs and then gone on to be successful in others is ridiculous.