Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MINI-UPDATE - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th 2016 '

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:00 pm

:bluebird: ' MINI-UPDATE - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th 2016 ' :bluebird:

Cardiff City Football Club recently flew the squad of players and management to both Norwich City and Preston, the last ten consecutive flights that City have taken to away games there has not been one win.

With each trip costing £12,000 a flight and not a win to show for the £120,000 laid out in doing so, you got to question whether the club are getting any value for the novelty.

Even when they do fly, the team coach still goes to the away game, carrying the kit and then collecting/returning the players to and from the airport.

With the amount of cutbacks the club are taking and how deep those cuts are going then surely it must be seriously questioned whether this a still appropriate especially when we have not had one win in the previous ten when the squad has flown.

Anthony Pilkington and Peter Whittingham have both entered the final year of their contracts, both players have been offered new contracts to stay at the club longer but on reduced salaries.

Pilkington, is unlikely to sign the new contract on the terms currently being discussed, and don't be surprised to see him move on in January.

Whittingham has been offered less than 50% of his current Premier League wages but the club do still expect the midfielder to sign the new deal and stay at the club to see out his remaining playing days at CCS.

The club is still losing £1million per month and with losses to a maximum of £13million per season allowed before falling foul of Financial Fair Play you can see how close to the wind the club is currently sailing. The financial mismanagement is very much the reason why the club are in the position it finds itself today.

It is staggering to learn that the cost of total wages and expenses in running Cardiff City Football Club is still £25million, despite all the cutbacks of high earners and getting some transfer fees in, it really does show how bad the finances of the Bluebirds has been and still are.

Parachute payments for this season cover just over a third of the wage bill at the club.

Fans are staying away in big numbers and who can blame them but with this extra revenue not coming in it really is compounding the problem.

Advertising and sponsorship is down by 70% across the stadium and stretches through to even the players shirts not even being sponsored, nearly three quarters of the players have not got a shirt sponsor in the match day programme, even in the nineties City players always had shirt sponsors, it is quite sad to see the lack of support for today's squad, it sums up the apathy surrounding the club today.

Idriss Saadi is doing exceptionally well, Paul Trollope would have liked to have recalled him but can't do so until January 2017 at the earliest.

New signing Joe Bennett is doing light training and will step up his training programme next week in a bid to make his debut in October for City.

Stuart O'Keefe is also back in training.

GOOD NEWS
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177487 :thumbright: :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' MINI-UPDATE - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th 2016 '

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:03 pm

The club is still losing £1million per month

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So much for the cost cutting, we been losing that for the last five years if you listen to the club.. All hail tan :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Thanks Carl.

Some shocking figures there, and almost unbelievable after the cut-backs that have happened. Shows the staggering amount we were spending before. Have to agree that it doesn't seem a sensible investment the fly players to certain away games.

Still losing £1m a month :shock:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:11 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:The club is still losing £1million per month

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So much for the cost cutting, we been losing that for the last five years if you listen to the club.. All hail tan :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

The club were losing £1m a month when the parachute payments it was receiving were a lot more than they are now. With the greatly reduced parachute money cost cutting was necessary just to stay at the same level of losses.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 pm

How much are the 2 puppets (choo and dalman) being paid?
Bet it's at least 200k each

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:How much are the 2 puppets (choo and dalman) being paid?

Gareth,

My view its the people at the top like Nash and Choo etc costing us a lot of money.
But Choo for Tan is doing a great job in the cost cutting etc

The people in the advertising department need to start earning their money.

The plane journeys need to stop NOW.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:20 pm

no surprise the club are losing money most clubs in the championship are ,are we getting value for the players wages I don't think so

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Good news ???

I'd hate to see your bad news :laughing6:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

My view its the people at the top like Nash and Choo etc costing us a lot of money.

Get rid of Nash asap.

I could also ask how much do we get for wearing Malaysia on our shirts? Bet it's bugger all and we could get more.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:28 pm

The only away game I would say they should fly to is Newcastle. All other trips they could travel by coach the day before and stay overnight in an hotel. Surely that would be a saving. Stick 'em in a travel lodge,that's cheap but comfortable!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:29 pm

From memory ( I will check tomorrow when I will have a copy of the accounts to hand) only one director is being paid, and total payments to directors around £100k so your guess is way out

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Depends how you cook the books, and how much the owner is comitted to being Head Chef.

Fordstam (Chelsea) are £980M in debt, Man City claim to be debt free, having lost £340M in the years 2011-14.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:32 pm

avondaleblue wrote:The only away game I would say they should fly to is Newcastle. All other trips they could travel by coach the day before and stay overnight in an hotel. Surely that would be a saving. Stick 'em in a travel lodge,that's cheap but comfortable!

They still use the hotels and rooms even when they fly and don't stay over night.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Shame we loaned Saadi out we need him.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Get rid of Nash asap.

I could also ask how much do we get for wearing Malaysia on our shirts? Bet it's bugger all and we could get more.

How much do you think is the fair rate of pay for a general manager of a football stadium and what makes you think that Wayne Nash is paid at or above that rate? I have no access to Wayne's salary details and no right nor wish to know but I would be willing to bet that it is nowhere near the £100k+ that Peter Ridsdale agreed to pay his former Leeds Utd director mate Mr Spencer for doing the job when he was Chairman of the club.

The original deal for the Malaysia shirt sponsorship was £7m , as disclosed in a response to a question raised by the opposition in the Malaysian parliament. Seems a lot more than " bugger all" to me.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:41 pm

I was surprised when I stayed in a hotel in Knowsley once and the Liverpool team walked in for the afternoon before a night home game. The place had a gym and a pool but I think they were just there for a lay down.They must need to get the body clock or circadian rhythm in shape before a night game.

I have seen Arsenal in a Canary Wharf hotel before a home night game too. You just imagine they should have their proper own home facilities.

Man Utd have tried sleeping pods and Real Madrid have sleeping facilities at their training ground.

Cardiff City currently have sleeping facilities at CCS available for a 90min snooze every other Saturday!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

Get rid of Nash asap.

How much do you think is the fair rate of pay for a general manager of a football stadium and what makes you think that Wayne Nash is paid at or above that rate? I have no access to Wayne's salary details and no right nor wish to know but I would be willing to bet that it is nowhere near the £100k+ that Peter Ridsdale agreed to pay his former Leeds Utd director mate Mr Spencer for doing the job when he was Chairman of the club.

The original deal for the Malaysia shirt sponsorship was £7m , as disclosed in a response to a question raised by the opposition in the Malaysian parliament. Seems a lot more than " bugger all" to me.

Original deal may well have been millions but new deal is probably no more than 100k.

As for Nash salary I would say for size of stadium and the events that go on (concerts, football, conferences etc) the manager should be on between 40 and 50k per year.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the Forum sponsor a player.
I'd chip in £20. If another 34 do the same then that's a home shirt sorted.

I don't care which player it is, they all play for City.

Then maybe you could have a raffle or something amongst all that contributed for the shirt and/ or the night at the Player of the Year do.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Where are the youngsters we were told were to be given a chance eh?

Our players don't give a f**k, we need local players who will play for the shirt. We going down anyway so nothing to lose by blooding a few here and there. Why give them pro contracts if they are not good enough?

Also it's time to slash ticket prices big time. Fill the ground for a fiver a ticket or something, give us season ticket holders credit back for next season or similar.

And while I'm at it no more flights they can get the mega bus cheap in advance :digging2:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Whatever happened to naming of the stadium rights

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the Forum sponsor a player.

Then maybe you could have a raffle or something amongst all that contributed for the shirt and/ or the night at the Player of the Year do.

I'm in for that :thumbup:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 pm

I Say we sponsor ALF - As will save on shirts : shorts and socks on the lack of game time he will get ;)

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

I Say we sponsor ALF - As will save on shirts : shorts and socks on the lack of game time he will get ;)

pmsl :lol:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:08 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Where are the youngsters we were told were to be given a chance eh?

Our players don't give a f**k, we need local players who will play for the shirt. We going down anyway so nothing to lose by blooding a few here and there. Why give them pro contracts if they are not good enough?

Also it's time to slash ticket prices big time. Fill the ground for a fiver a ticket or something, give us season ticket holders credit back for next season or similar.

And while I'm at it no more flights they can get the mega bus cheap in advance :digging2:

Megabus :lol: Classic :thumbup:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 pm

You have to laugh that the players fly to games while the kit is on the coach. These are the most spoilt over rated underachieving players ever. They need to go on the coach while wearing the kit if it saves money, plenty of city fans go on a coach for a few hours then travel back and go to work. Something needs drastically changing behind the scenes and by that I don't mean laying off some low paid people, how about just having one person instead of Delm & Choo that might contribute to loosing money on a regular basis.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:32 pm

Megabus gold with beds.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:34 pm

I've seen the team coach on many occasions, and it looks very comfortable. Let 'em travel on it to all away games. They can meet up with us in the services, a good way for them to get to know the fans better. As long as they get to the ground an hour and a half before kick-off, that should be enough. 120 grand for twelve away games? No wins! They might as well have travelled in a fleet of cars.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:38 pm

Great idea! I'd be in on it.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:45 pm

players treated like super stars, and there bottom of the league, thank god im not in charge, id make them walk to games :evil:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Forget mega bus Tan can get a cheap mini bus on eBay and get Choo to be the driver