Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Erol Bulut frustrated still"

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:17 pm

erol bulut in his latest interview was asked about the future his contract and future plans he seems like a man banging his head against the wall he wants his contract now.

He also said that for the future we need to start sorting players ready for the new season and he keeps pointing to the board saying there is nothing he can do its down to them.

its actually pissing me off that we have not sorted it already how can we go forward as a club if the foundations hasnt been set ? do the board actually want stability because i know i do. we cant keep hiring and firing managers lets get behind erol give him another year or two and give it a good good for next season please.

i know the press like to poke the fire but they are asking relevant questions he said it would be his pleasure to take the club forward ! there was some in the forum who actually said we have gave him a contract already but it dont seem to be the case right now :banghead:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "erol bulut frustrated still"

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:09 pm

I completely agree with you.
How it hasn’t been sorted out yet is absolutely crazy!

How are we supposed to plan for next season and beyond, without him signed on? He wants to stay here!

Board seriously need to pull their finger out, and get it done.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:19 pm

I would wait for a bit before giving him a contract tbh. Let's face it weve been shit recently , and his out bursts are a but unprofessional.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:41 pm

I think they’ll wait for us to hit 50 points before offering the new contract, which makes sense to be fair.

We’ve made mistakes in the past by extending the contracts of McCarthy and Morison too early. I think Erol is much better than those two, but they were proven to be mistakes.

There’s still three months of the season left and he wants to stay, so there is no rush.

I would expect it to be sorted when we get to 50 points, which could be this month.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:42 pm

I am all for people to have plans in place and by this the manager looks like he wants to stay here .

Let's see how the season plays out and hopefully Erol gets his contract and can put his plan in place .

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:05 am

wez1927 wrote:I would wait for a bit before giving him a contract tbh. Let's face it weve been shit recently , and his out bursts are a but unprofessional.

You just want our manager to miss Tans arse at every opportunity. It’s about time someone stood up to the dictator that actually wants the best for the club.

Re: " Erol Bulut frustrated still"

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:25 am

I actually agree with Bulut, we are not going down and the chances of going up are very slim, so yes we should be planning for next season and Bulut should know where he stands.

A one year contract he should get for next season now.

But as usual the same posters will disagree because their Dictator has not done it yet.
If he had they would be praising and saying excellent we are planning already for next season and showing ambition.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:28 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I would wait for a bit before giving him a contract tbh. Let's face it weve been shit recently , and his out bursts are a but unprofessional.

You just want our manager to miss Tans arse at every opportunity. It’s about time someone stood up to the dictator that actually wants the best for the club.

Kiss not miss

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:36 am

Reply FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:47 am

Underhill1927 wrote:

No I want a manager that wins ,its simple and our form hasn't been good we've rolled over in too many games recently. I would wait but I know that there is an automatic 2 year extension if we make the playoffs in his contract it was talked about when he 1st came , if we did make them he would of deserved it .

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:05 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I think they’ll wait for us to hit 50 points before offering the new contract, which makes sense to be fair.

We’ve made mistakes in the past by extending the contracts of McCarthy and Morison too early. I think Erol is much better than those two, but they were proven to be mistakes.

There’s still three months of the season left and he wants to stay, so there is no rush.

I would expect it to be sorted when we get to 50 points, which could be this month.

Dont see what point of reaching 50 is going to make? We unlikely to get relegated and unlikely to get promoted. So they will have a decent idea what division we will be in and money thats given for that league etc etc. So either back him or lose him

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:35 am

But wez let's face it the team we have ain't the best he's got them playing better than expected he's added a couple to give us a little better quality. He's right in saying that right now we need to start sorting players ready for next season. As I understand we can give pre contracts to players with under 6 months left on there current contracts he can't do none of this without being in the job himself what player will even want to join if the manager hasn't got a guaranteed job himself ?

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:38 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:I am all for people to have plans in place and by this the manager looks like he wants to stay here .

Let's see how the season plays out and hopefully Erol gets his contract and can put his plan in place .

If we delay any longer once again we will be behind and miss out on players we won't go down I don't feel and yes form has been bad but it's hard when the manager is up in the air about his own future and missing out on his targets

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:38 am

I get the feeling Tan doesn't want Bulut here much longer.

Whether you agree with
Bulut's outbursts or not he speaks his mind something Tan isn't used to with the previous lap dogs he's employed.

Warnock played Tan like a fiddle, said all the right things to the press and got Tan on his side even though deep down Warnock knew he was a maniac.

We are what we are a mid table championship team and the current window indicates the club has settled for that.

Bulut has ambitions to take the club forward and challenge for promotion but that will never happen again under Tan imo.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:52 am

We play 9 games between now and the 16 March only 2 against sides currently in the top 6. I see no harm in waiting until then to make a decision, still be 2 and 1/2 months till the transfer window opens.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:55 am

I have this feeling that during Buluts interview with the board he was told porkies by them.

Buluts outbursts give me that impression.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 am

D.A.C. wrote:I get the feeling Tan doesn't want Bulut here much longer.

Whether you agree with
Bulut's outbursts or not he speaks his mind something Tan isn't used to with the previous lap dogs he's employed.

Warnock played Tan like a fiddle, said all the right things to the press and got Tan on his side even though deep down Warnock knew he was a maniac.

We are what we are a mid table championship team and the current window indicates the club has settled for that.

Bulut has ambitions to take the club forward and challenge for promotion but that will never happen again under Tan imo.

I agree with you , so much truth in your post.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:23 am

Wez why do you love Tan so much in your eyes he can't do anything wrong.Please smell the coffee and realise he is ruining our great club.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:26 am

I can see it from buluts point of view he will be earmarking players he wants to go for
but needs to know
Is it worth bothering with if he is not at the helm next season
plus he needs to sort out his own needs family and future employment etc..

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:54 am

If we let Bulut walk at the end of the season it will be a case of us taking one step forward and two steps back again.

Surely the board want stability as well? What is the sense of having to find new managers all the time who will then want to bring in their own players. Plus the risk of the players that came to work under Erol getting disillusioned and wanting to leave - the likes of Siopsis, Goutas etc.

I think Erol has already proved himself (bearing in mind he had 2 hands tied behind his back in the summer with the embargo) in what we all said at the start of the season was looking like the hardest championship in many a season, if not living memory. But take the top four out of it and we can compete with anyone.

We should be doing everything we can to get him staying for another year :old:

Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:03 pm

If we dither too long in addition to the club moving steadily back up the table, surely there must be a chance that other clubs may become interested in taking him off our hands.
If an attractive offer is made to him (behind our back) by a more attractive club than us for when his current contract ends, we may lose the opportunity of keeping him, despite making him an offer before the end of the season.
We have clearly made progress under Erol this season. He appears to want to stay.
For god sake, offer him some sort of extended contract and let's get some stability at our club!

Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I actually agree with Bulut, we are not going down and the chances of going up are very slim, so yes we should be planning for next season and Bulut should know where he stands.

But as usual the same posters will disagree because their Dictator has not done it yet.
If he had they would be praising and saying excellent we are planning already for next season and showing ambition.

Agree with this. How well we do next season will depend on the work that goes in between now and June. Identifying players. Having informal conversations and then getting them ready for an early transfer so that they have July and August to gel with the rest of the team and so that, over the summer, we can strengthen further.

We need to hit the ground running at the start of next season

Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:19 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I actually agree with Bulut, we are not going down and the chances of going up are very slim, so yes we should be planning for next season and Bulut should know where he stands.

Agree with this. How well we do next season will depend on the work that goes in between now and June. Identifying players. Having informal conversations and then getting them ready for an early transfer so that they have July and August to gel with the rest of the team and so that, over the summer, we can strengthen further.

You can only do that if you know you're going to be in the championship next season otherwise you need a Plan A and a Plan B in situ.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:31 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:If we let Bulut walk at the end of the season it will be a case of us taking one step forward and two steps back again.

Surely the board want stability as well? What is the sense of having to find new managers all the time who will then want to bring in their own players. Plus the risk of the players that came to work under Erol getting disillusioned and wanting to leave - the likes of Siopsis, Goutas etc.

I think Erol has already proved himself (bearing in mind he had 2 hands tied behind his back in the summer with the embargo) in what we all said at the start of the season was looking like the hardest championship in many a season, if not living memory. But take the top four out of it and we can compete with anyone.

We should be doing everything we can to get him staying for another year :old:

i couldnt of said that any better myself spot on

Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:38 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:

You can only do that if you know you're going to be in the championship next season otherwise you need a Plan A and a Plan B in situ.

In championship there are only 6 clubs that can formulate a plan for next season? Leicester plan for premier league .... Leeds Southampton plan a & b champ or premier....... bottom 3 plan for div 1 or championship rest cannot plan much unless they want to waste valuable time planning something that may not happen.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:00 pm

It’s going the same way has our last manager he was going to be offered a new contract it dragged on and on then he wasn’t offered one. Is bulut going to be the same

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:36 pm

Earnestp wrote:Wez why do you love Tan so much in your eyes he can't do anything wrong.Please smell the coffee and realise he is ruining our great club.

I was under the impression that dalman was incharged?

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:37 pm

Pencoed wrote:We play 9 games between now and the 16 March only 2 against sides currently in the top 6. I see no harm in waiting until then to make a decision, still be 2 and 1/2 months till the transfer window opens.

Exactly

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:40 pm

kyle08 wrote:

But wez let's face it the team we have ain't the best he's got them playing better than expected he's added a couple to give us a little better quality. He's right in saying that right now we need to start sorting players ready for next season. As I understand we can give pre contracts to players with under 6 months left on there current contracts he can't do none of this without being in the job himself what player will even want to join if the manager hasn't got a guaranteed job himself ?

The team up untill November was great, the high press etc then Bulut changed tactics for some odd reason people on here were questioning him the same people that are now giving me a hard time for saying I think we should wait a bit longer to see if things improve the next month or so .

Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:00 pm

This reflects the football supporters inherent mood pendulum… and is thankfully largely ignored.