Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DIS

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:53 pm

MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DISMAL RECENT HOME RECORD CONTINUES BUT THIS TIME AGAINST PRESTON WHO HAVE AN AWFUL AWAY RECORD.

I cannot believe Bulut dropped our best player Rubin Colwill, he should of started the game.

Fans were leaving in their droves in the 80th min.

EROL BULUT NEEDS TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS TACTICS?

Plus we really need a proven striker, every year we are saying the same old story.

Cardiff with the bookies were clear favourites to win this home game.

Preston have recently struggled away from home, One Win in their last Seven Away games.
And Preston not Won away in last 5 matches.

Home debuts today for Nat Phillips and David Turnbull!
Eventually all of Buluts new players came on except the goalie.

Shock as Rubin Colwill was dropped.

Ramsey started the 2nd m-half.

FIRST-HALF: As soon as Cardiff conceded one goal it’s like they collapsed this half:
For 30 mins Cardiff were in control but were once again toothless upfront:

Riis Jakobsen 31Min Goal! Completely against the run of play. Riis scores.
A breakaway sees Riis played in down the left. He cuts inside Goutas, then Siopis, then fires into the bottom corner. First shot on target and first goal. Cardiff will be furious they haven't made their dominance count.

GOAL! Cardiff City 0-2 Preston North End (Whiteman 40)

Goal. Cardiff carved open again. Incredible and defence all over the place.

City booed off at h/t and then the ref was.

SECOND-HALF: Start of the half, Ramsey is on for WIntle. Wilson-Esbrand on, too, for Bowler.
As Etete was actually achieving nothing as usual, he was replaced by Striker Diedhiou in the 62nd min.

Alnwick made a fantastic save in the 65th min.

71st min: Turnbull off, Colwill on.

New Striker Diedhiou spins and shoots from 20 yards out - but it's way, way wide.

City clueless upfront.

84th min: Phillips off, Meite on.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd 18,763
Away Support 562 Preston

Cardiff City: Alnwick; Ng, Phillips, Goutas, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Horvath, Romeo, Ralls, Ramsey, Diedhiou, Meite, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:54 pm

Table:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 pm

I have been a fan of Bulut and patient up until today. That was horrific. We are too slow in the build up, have no width and no invention in the final third. He just doesn't change system and its ridiculous now. Our home record for the third season is embarrassing.There is no point sacking him but I think the club are absolutely right not offering him a new contract.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:57 pm

Our defence needs sorting out.

Big mistake not starting Rubin.

The ref will get some stick, but we are SOFT.

Buluts lost these 3 points, in my opinion.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Its horrible when we lose but losing like that there is no word for it.

unless there are big changes to our play I can honestly see Bulut being shown the door now. Its going to be a difficult end to the season.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DISMAL RECENT HOME RECORD CONTINUES BUT THIS TIME AGAINST PRESTON WHO HAVE AN AWFUL AWAY RECORD.

I cannot believe Bulut dropped our best player Rubin Colwill, he should of started the game.

Plus we really need a proven striker, every year we are saying the same old story.

Preston have recently struggled away from home, One Win in their last Seven Away games.

FIRST-HALF: As soon as Cardiff conceded one goal it’s like they collapsed this half:

A breakaway sees Riis played in down the left. He cuts inside Goutas, then Siopis, then fires into the bottom corner. First shot on target and first goal. Cardiff will be furious they haven't made their dominance count.

SECOND-HALF: Start of the half, Ramsey is on for WIntle. Wilson-Esbrand on, too, for Bowler.
As Etete was actually achieving nothing as usual, he was replaced by Striker Diedhiou in the 62nd min.

New Striker Diedhiou spins and shoots from 20 yards out - but it's way, way wide.

City clueless upfront.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd
Away Support 380

Cardiff City: Alnwick; Ng, Phillips, Goutas, Collins; Siopis, Wintle; Bowler, Turnbull, Grant; Etete.

Subs: Horvath, Romeo, Ralls, Ramsey, Diedhiou, Meite, Colwill, Wilson-Esbrand, Tanner.

ANNIS
I said about dropping rubin shocking move what was bulut thinking of
Improvement 0 %
etete what the f.ck starting
going downhill faster than eddy the Eagle.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:03 pm

Bulut out!

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:05 pm

goutas has his worse game in a city shirt midfield created nothing bowler back to typical ways not doing anything with the ball bad game all around. i knew it would be a tough one against a team that just beat ipswich but those goals where terrible goutas charges in way too often to win the ball i love his heart but hes got to be smarter. we dust ourselves off we go again

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:06 pm

montyblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW: CARDIFF FANS BOO THE TEAM OFF AS CARDIFF CITY’S DISMAL RECENT HOME RECORD CONTINUES BUT THIS TIME AGAINST PRESTON WHO HAVE AN AWFUL AWAY RECORD.

City clueless upfront.

CARDIFF CITY 0 PRESTON 2
H-T 0-2
Crowd
Away Support 380

ANNIS
I said about dropping rubin shocking move what was bulut thinking of
Improvement 0 %
etete what the f.ck starting
going downhill faster than eddy the Eagle.

Monty,

What he did today to Rubin after all Rubin’s great performances has baffled me beyond.

His football is dire and tactics awful.

But these Clowns running our club won’t get any better than him.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Updated:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:07 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Bulut out!

Tan and his Clowns out as well

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:08 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Its horrible when we lose but losing like that there is no word for it.

unless there are big changes to our play I can honestly see Bulut being shown the door now. Its going to be a difficult end to the season.

Correct Ian,

Another dire performance and defeat at home against Preston who are awful away from home.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:Bulut out!

Tan and his Clowns out as well

That would be the dream!!

EastleighBlue wrote:I have been a fan of Bulut and patient up until today. That was horrific. We are too slow in the build up, have no width and no invention in the final third. He just doesn't change system and its ridiculous now. Our home record for the third season is embarrassing.There is no point sacking him but I think the club are absolutely right not offering him a new contract.

Same here, I’ve stuck up for him.

But his tactics were awful

Tan,just go.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:14 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Our defence needs sorting out.

Big mistake not starting Rubin.

The ref will get some stick, but we are SOFT.

Buluts lost these 3 points, in my opinion.

Big mistake not starting Rubin

Defence collapsed once again

Ref was not good but Bulut was worse

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:14 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:Tan,just go.

Watch out you will upset his followers

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:17 pm

I have not been a fan of bullutt since Ipswich away..poor with substitutions..poor team selections...very negative and constantly whinges... won't be long though as I don't think tan is a fan of him either...just don't see what.people see.in him

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:24 pm

Dismal

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:25 pm

Rubin was only 1 that looked composed on the ball when he came on. Hard to see where we go from here

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:32 pm

I find it hard to blame the manager when he's not got his first choice players to judge him from but on the other hand you can't drop inform players because you have to justify to a board why you spent 2 million quid on a player

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Many on here questioning why Bulut hasn’t he offered a new contract. That debacle tells you why. No pace, creativity, movement, fight or passion. Flattered to deceive early part of the season but we are an awful team.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:37 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:38 pm

Replies:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:46 pm

Shocking performance against an average team etete waste of space bulut needs to change the tactics for home games we need to start on the front foot from the ko rant over

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:48 pm

ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:Shocking performance against an average team etete waste of space bulut needs to change the tactics for home games we need to start on the front foot from the ko rant over

Doesn't matter who the forward is when there's no crosses for them to get on the end of.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What he did today to Rubin after all Rubin’s great performances has baffled me beyond.

His football is dire and tactics awful.

But these Clowns running our club won’t get any better than him.

Annis I agree with your first two sentences but definitely not the last one. Bulut has does nothing to show he's a cut above. He's probably one of the most negative coaches we've ever had and shows no inclination to attack even at home. Definitely no new contract unless there is a dramatic improvement.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:51 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:Shocking performance against an average team etete waste of space bulut needs to change the tactics for home games we need to start on the front foot from the ko rant over

Doesn't matter who the forward is when there's no crosses for them to get on the end of.

100% there is no service, no support, no quality to the striker, it doesntt matter who is in that position all that happens is balls lumped to them while dealing with 2 or 3 defenders.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:52 pm

The issue here is Bulut and his tactics and selection. Too weak up front, not enough width and no wing play, no crosses into the box.
Yes, we dominated play for 30 minutes but got nowt.

Bulut won't take risks with his formation - Etete clearly needs another front man with him and Bowler needs to play on the left.

Anyone bar Bulut can see we need to play a 442 at home. He's not making the best job with players at his disposal.

His changes are always like for like - he has absolutely no plan B and is a negative manager.

14 defeats already this season. I think Bulut is on thin ice.

In my view, we could get sucked into relegation zone with Bulut at the helm.